A new glitch discovered in Shenmue II!

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:46 pm

Interesting stuff, biffotasty ^^
Seeing as this thread's been revived, I'll post about something fairly cool I managed to do with this glitch; in the Yellow Head Bldg, its possible to completely skip both the Baihu fight as well as the fight with all the black suits on the 40th floor! Basically, if you use Mestre's method to turn invisible once you're in the basement with Baihu's arena, you can go past the loading point that loads the cutscene that leads to the fight, and instead walk over to the elevator that Ryo and Joy use to get to 40F. You can use it, and you can sit and wait for it to go up from B5F all the way up to 40F. It takes a while :P
Once up on 40F, you can enter through the door, but the cutscene and fight with the black suits isn't triggered. If you go through the door to the roof, it resumes as normal and triggers the QTE up the stairs. I tried using the glitch to bypass the loading point for it, to see if I could explore the roof in Free Quest mode, but had no success =/
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby weber » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Nice work miles. Still Amazing what you guys can do with shenmue
weber
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Kiyuu » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:22 pm

Miles Prower wrote:Interesting stuff, biffotasty ^^
Seeing as this thread's been revived, I'll post about something fairly cool I managed to do with this glitch; in the Yellow Head Bldg, its possible to completely skip both the Baihu fight as well as the fight with all the black suits on the 40th floor! Basically, if you use Mestre's method to turn invisible once you're in the basement with Baihu's arena, you can go past the loading point that loads the cutscene that leads to the fight, and instead walk over to the elevator that Ryo and Joy use to get to 40F. You can use it, and you can sit and wait for it to go up from B5F all the way up to 40F. It takes a while :P
Once up on 40F, you can enter through the door, but the cutscene and fight with the black suits isn't triggered. If you go through the door to the roof, it resumes as normal and triggers the QTE up the stairs. I tried using the glitch to bypass the loading point for it, to see if I could explore the roof in Free Quest mode, but had no success =/

Cool discovery, Miles! I definitely have to try this later. :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby alimn » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:32 pm

Ha ha! nice find. I should try what you're saying.

Great job Miles!,

Shenmue is always fresh & with glitches like this it's even fresher

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: A new glitch discovered in Shenmue II!

Postby Ryo_Hazuki_2006 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Ah, the memories of reading the comments from years ago when I was a little youngster messing aound with glitches. Sorry for the huge bump, but I couldn't resist. These glitches are still great.

Definitely going to mess with them all again. So much can still be found with these, I'm sure! :D

Ryo_Hazuki_2006 has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
Ryo_Hazuki_2006
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue II