PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Capsule Toys Maniac » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:02 am

Great find LanDC!! :D

I wonder... Is there any signs in guilin? Can you travel the whole way to Shenhuas house without Shenhua? That would be awsome!

EDIT: OMG!!! :shock: Has anyone walked from Lycky Charm Qr and walked to Golden Qr. If you do, you can see some crazy stuff. Three men jumping up and down like frogs or something! Ant they flap with their arms too!!! :shock: I walked up to them (witch took more then ten minutes) and talked. the jumping man stops in the air and Ryo says "Excuse me" and then “Oh well…” but with no sound at all!

Wish I had a camera, but it’s broken at the moment… :(
Capsule Toys Maniac
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Re: A new glitch discovered in Shenmue II!

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:11 am

LanDC wrote:That's a funny picture. It looks like Ryo's finally had enough and has decided to raise his fist to a lady. :lol:

Oh, no! :shock: Control yourself, Ryo! :lol:
Anyway, I have another shot of Ryo carrying the invisible bag.

LanDC wrote:Yeah, the Fu Hoi Diner is a nice spot to perform this glitch. But fortunately, this glitch can be done almost anywhere there's a sign. As long as someone comes nearby when you're in close range of a lock-onable sign, you're good to go. And in Shenmue II, there are many stores with shopkeepers and signs right easily in front of you. :D Exercise diligent training so that you may become a master of the glitch!

My Ryo is too clumsy to trigger it with any passer-by. So, he needs someone
sticked to some sign, I'm afraid. ;)

LanDC wrote:
Kiyuu wrote:Also, I was able to meet Delin in the Fortune's Pier while I was still looking for Wong to get back the stolen bag. 8)

That's nice. It's also a great way to push yourself ahead in the game quicker if you're just wanting to reach a specific scene for a certain reason.

Delin acted as if he knew Ryo and said to come back when he wants to work,
but Ryo couldn't work at that time. :(

BTW, my Ryo went on to Yan Tin Apartment with the bag and met Guixiang and
the guy in room #205. He even went through the wall with the bag and enjoyed
the backstage of the Apartment. He spent some time in Guixiang's room and
found he could stay up past 11:00 pm. But, when he went out the Apartment
after 1:30 am, he was forced to go back to Come Over Guest House to sleep. :cry:
It was funny to see Ryo lying down on the bed with the bag, though! :lol:

Last edited by Kiyuu on Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Supa » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:02 am

Wow, this awesome!I managed to get to the unloaded Green Market Quarter through the South Carmain Quarter, went through the Guang Dojo, through the back room, and circle back to the Green Market Main road. Ryo disappears if you go to far over. Has anyone tried it with Kaiho Transport Company or the water?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby LanDC » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:17 pm

Capsule Toys Maniac wrote:I wonder... Is there any signs in guilin? Can you travel the whole way to Shenhuas house without Shenhua? That would be awsome!

Not possible. There's a few in Languishan, but you're supposed to leave Languishan anyway. There aren't any ways to skip from the Green Field to after the area where you encounter Shenhua for the first time.

Capsule Toys Maniac wrote:Has anyone walked from Lycky Charm Qr and walked to Golden Qr. If you do, you can see some crazy stuff. Three men jumping up and down like frogs or something! Ant they flap with their arms too!!! :shock: I walked up to them (witch took more then ten minutes) and talked. the jumping man stops in the air and Ryo says "Excuse me" and then “Oh well…” but with no sound at all!

I just tried that and didn't see anything. But anyway, that strange motion you see seems to occur during the act of a missing motion trying to be read. There have been times that I've tried altering motions through modding and the characters did exactly as you described. As for the "Oh well," that's the common response Ryo gives if you manage to speak to a character who's actually not programmed to speak back. If some of you will remember, I took a screenshot of me talking to Lan Di a long time ago in Worker's Pier and Ryo was saying "Oh well..." I'm not sure about the DC version, but Ryo's voice actually says "Hmm..." on the Xbox version.

Kiyuu wrote:BTW, my Ryo proceeded to Yan Tin Apartment with the bag and met Guixiang and the guy in room 205. He could stay up late past 11:00 pm, but when he went out the Apartment after 1:30 am, he had to go back to Come Over Guest House. :cry: It was funny to see Ryo lying down with the bag, though! :lol:

Loves his bag, don't he? He learned his lesson the first time, so now he'll never let it go again! :lol:

Yeah, it appears you can proceed very far while still wearing the bag (how far, I don't know yet). As long as you normally play the game up until the part where you retrieve your bag, then go straight to the Yan Tin Apartments, you can meet Xiuying with the bag, learn the Wude, etc.

Edit: Here are some funny pictures I took:

Ryo practicing the Iron Palm with the bag still in-hand!

Ryo: I must protect my bag... I won't even let my guard down for you, tree!

Since Ryo is so hell-bent on wearing his bag, it looks like Zhangyu will need to slice it off by force!

LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:46 pm

Shenmaster777 wrote:It could lead to new and exciting discoveries!Ih, and refresh my mind, how does the harbor glitch work again?And the Ryo in air trick in SI that Kiyuu did?Not by the steps, but he was IN THE AIR above everything else.

Here's my post explaining the way to trigger the glitch at New Yokosuka Port:

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~shenmuedoj ... 076#312076

As for the way to fly Ryo, it's too complicated to explain with my language ability.
I might try to explain it someday, but don't count on it anyway... :(
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby remote ctrl soul » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:01 pm

is this possible for shenmue 1??
remote ctrl soul
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LanDC » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:48 pm

DivineByDesign wrote:is this possible for shenmue 1??

No. Well, at least not that I'm aware of. Shenmue I's lock-on system works a bit differently than Shenmue II's.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Strider » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:52 pm

sweet trick man. im going to check it out later. i have a feeling there is lots of cool stuff u can do with it.
Strider
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:37 pm

Thats pretty cool!

Since the easter holidays is coming up and I will be bored I think I will give it a try :D
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:33 pm

This glitch is great! A great place to do it in Aberdeen is outside the Hong Kong Souvineir Shop (Corey mispronounces souvineir slightly). Usually there is a man out there, so it's easy to get the glitch going there. Haven't tried it in Wan Chai yet, I'll have to do that later.

Thanks for posting that link to the harbor glitch, too, Kiyuu. I'm going to need it soon and now I don't have to look for it 8)
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Supa » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:31 pm

Can you do the air trick without modding?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:54 pm

I just spent more time having fun with the glitch. I don't understand how to get that far, though. After retrieving my bag, I glitched my way past the Come Over Guest House so that scene with Joy wouldn't occur. When he walks in, he can't leave without dropping off the bag, as I found out later, so it was a good thing I did that, right? I think I must have went to the Yan Tin Apartments after doing that and the man wouldn't answer the door (205 was the number, was it not?). I let the day run until bedtime, and it warped back to outside the COGH, and the scene triggered with Joy and I went inside. I couldn't leave without putting my bag down first, so at this point, I don't know what to do.

Another cool thing to do with the bag in your hands is to play QTE Title in the Pine Arcade. It's funny watching Ryo "hit" the A and X commands with his left hand :)
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:13 am

Shenmaster777 wrote:Can you do the air trick without modding?

Yes. I don't know how to mod. ;) This is the highest point Ryo could reach:

Lan Di-sama wrote:I just spent more time having fun with the glitch. I don't understand how to get that far, though. After retrieving my bag, I glitched my way past the Come Over Guest House so that scene with Joy wouldn't occur. When he walks in, he can't leave without dropping off the bag, as I found out later, so it was a good thing I did that, right? I think I must have went to the Yan Tin Apartments after doing that and the man wouldn't answer the door (205 was the number, was it not?). I let the day run until bedtime, and it warped back to outside the COGH, and the scene triggered with Joy and I went inside. I couldn't leave without putting my bag down first, so at this point, I don't know what to do.

Yes, you shouldn't go to COGH if you want to carry the bag with you all the way. 8)
I was able to see Ryo sleeping with the bag, as I was in Yan Tin Apts and talking
with the guy in Room #205 when it got 11:00 pm. And I hanged out for a while
before being transported to COGH. On another play when I was outside at 11:00
pm, I had to meet Joy outside of the Hotel and put down the bag before sleeping.

Lan Di-sama wrote:Another cool thing to do with the bag in your hands is to play QTE Title in the Pine Arcade. It's funny watching Ryo "hit" the A and X commands with his left hand :)

Haha... it must be funny! I must try it someday. :D

BTW, I managed to be invisible in Golden Qr. though it's not easy to make the glitch
happen there. I tried very hard to cross the big street several times, but kept failing.
Every time I tried to go out of the playable area, the game forced me to go back to
the sign I tried to lock-on and gave me no choice but returning to the game play. :cry:
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby SpringChick » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:36 am

LanDC wrote:Would you like to walk around as an invisible Ryo? Well, with this new glitch I discovered in Shenmue II, which makes Ryo's model disappear, you can! :P

That's cool. And it was kinda fun to see another dojo member playing. :P

Jacob Marley wrote:SPeaking of Shenmue II glitches, has anyone ever gotten "Stuck" in the Tomato Store?

Yep. Very annoying, especially if Ryo has an appointment to keep.
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II