Baihu's role in the Shenmue series

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby landi vs ren » Tue May 31, 2005 5:23 pm

Baihu is Lan Di there you go.
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Supa » Tue May 31, 2005 8:08 pm

landi vs ren wrote:Baihu is Lan Di there you go.
No he isn' t.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Supa » Tue May 31, 2005 8:10 pm

Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Steenkoud » Tue May 31, 2005 8:14 pm

I believe Baihu is ziming
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby VGAce » Tue May 31, 2005 11:53 pm

Joe Pesci wrote:Yes, I know what we are talking about. I was stating that it is Yang that sends Ryo to the Dancing Dragon Building where Dou Niu is waiting for him in a trap. It is not the scout who does that as Lea-san thought.

There are two points in the game where Ryo falls into a trap with Dou Niu, one automatic and one optional. What Lea-san was referring to is a door in the area where you meet the scout that you can open. If you open it, you'll meet Dou Niu who is seemingly there for other reasons. Opening this door will result in a game over and you'll have to restart.
It's unclear whether the scout intended for Ryo to fall into this trap, but judging from Dou Niu's reaction, he wasn't expecting him. This is why I think the scout indeed meant for Ryo to face Baihu as a final test of his skills.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:36 am

POIUYO wrote:If you walk into the room with Dou Niu you are automatically killed. This shows the scout never intended Ryo to reach Baihu.

No, because as VGAce has just said, Dou Niu was surprised to see Ryo. This to me, suggests that Dou Niu knew that the scout had found a skilled fighter, but he had no idea it was Ryo. My theory is, had it been someone different, they would have been taken to Baihu. It does make a lot of sense when you think about it.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby landi vs ren » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:08 pm

Shenmaster777 wrote:
No he isn' t.

Yes he is.
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Joe Pesci » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:32 pm

Hahaha, if Lan Di was Master Baihu he would have killed Ryo and he would have taken the mirror.

VGAce wrote:There are two points in the game where Ryo falls into a trap with Dou Niu, one automatic and one optional. What Lea-san was referring to is a door in the area where you meet the scout that you can open. If you open it, you'll meet Dou Niu who is seemingly there for other reasons. Opening this door will result in a game over and you'll have to restart.
It's unclear whether the scout intended for Ryo to fall into this trap, but judging from Dou Niu's reaction, he wasn't expecting him. This is why I think the scout indeed meant for Ryo to face Baihu as a final test of his skills.

Yes, but there is no way when Dou Niu meets Ryo in the end of that hall that the scout sent him for a trap. First of all, the scout is lowly and most likely doesn't have the brain capacity to figure out that Ryo is trying to infiltrate the base. Yes, and as you said Dou Niu was surprised to see Ryo which is another proof that the scout didn't know.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby landi vs ren » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:38 pm

I was only jokeing guys :lol:
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kyro-Kioto » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:43 pm

This is my first post here and i don't want to start sayin $*#! but could Baihu be Lan Di's son or brother or something?~
Sorry if anyone already said that...
BTW: found this in the google
Kyro-Kioto
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Joe Pesci » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:47 pm

Welcome to the Dojo but most likely no blood relation. However, I do belive Baihu has a mutual student teacher relation ship, but that is my opinion. Also, nice sculpture, Yu Suzuki did study martial arts and the history of Japan, China, and a bunch of other stuff to plan this game out.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Supa » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:10 pm

Joe Pesci wrote:Welcome to the Dojo but most likely no blood relation. However, I do belive Baihu has a mutual student teacher relation ship, but that is my opinion. Also, nice sculpture, Yu Suzuki did study martial arts and the history of Japan, China, and a bunch of other stuff to plan this game out.
That was Virtua Fighter
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby LanDC » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:27 am

As for whether Ryo was being led into a trap by Scout, I don't think so. Scout clearly says to Ryo in the underground, "The executives are waiting in the room at the end of the hall." If he were trying to lead Ryo into a trap, he wouldn't be so open about bringing Ryo to Dou Niu.

Oh, and there's just one thing I forgot to add... Don't you notice how the music played where Baihu's at is the same track played at other normal street fighting locations? ;)
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kyro-Kioto » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:04 am

Well just said that maybe he was Lan Di's brother or son because i think that he learn the tiger swallow style with Summing Zhao...
Kyro-Kioto
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby landi vs ren » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:23 pm

Baihu is Iwao Hazuki Lan Di made him come back alive.
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II