Baihu's role in the Shenmue series

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby Johanz » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:55 am

Ah! Interesting stuff indeed! But saying that the filenames could hold clues to if he is an important character can't be seen in this game, since he only appears in the street fights, right? And so, wouldn't it be logical for the developers to store the files neatly and all nice named and such? :P

I think he is an important character tho ^^ Since I mean, when you first meet him, you can't help to think if he is somewhat connected to the main story, or otherwise it's kinda sad to see a promising character go to "waste". :)

Just my thoughts tho ^^
Johanz
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Buckaroo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:41 am

None of the names on the chart of masters of the Tiger Swallow Style is Baihu's. None of the characters is the one for white. There is, however, a name which is one of the last four (at the bottom of the chart) that, translated, says "strong fat tiger"; could this person be related to Baihu, or just happen to have "tiger" in his name?

Also, the two masters that preceeded "strong fat tiger" in his branch of the lineage are called "??? small tiger," and "strong fat dragon." "Strong fat tiger's" contemporary is someone called "money elder brother."
Buckaroo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Terra Ryzing » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:42 am

I just had an idea of how Baihu might contribute to future sequels. Lan Di and Baihu share the same Tiger Swallow Style.

I think that it is possible that Baihu will train Ryu in this style so he will have an advantage over Lan Di. Baihu is probably more than just a simple street fighter and I think he will make a protagonist turn in future installments.
Terra Ryzing
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby YoYoPo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:00 pm

whatever happened to this bit of 'evidence'?

perhaps even Ziming, as "Baihu" translates to "White Tiger," which is Ziming's rank amongst the four Chiyoumen leaders

isn't that quite a strong argument? Where did the info about the rank within the Chiyoumen actually come from?

Also, Iwao Hazuki and Lan Di's father supposedly trained together yet they have quite different fighting styles, is that weird?
YoYoPo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ziming » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:05 pm

YoYoPo wrote:whatever happened to this bit of 'evidence'?

perhaps even Ziming, as "Baihu" translates to "White Tiger," which is Ziming's rank amongst the four Chiyoumen leaders

isn't that quite a strong argument? Where did the info about the rank within the Chiyoumen actually come from?

http://www.planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/images/story/comics/Xiuying&Zimming03.jpg

The four leaders of the Chiyoumen, take a closer look at the figure to the far right.

Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenmue Master » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:46 pm

found this in the muecas section which i haven't seen before, looks important, kyiuu can you translate it please
Attachments
no43_pic_02.gif
no43_pic_02.gif (13.54 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Smeghead » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:37 pm

Shenmue Master wrote:looks important

:lol:
Smeghead
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:59 pm

Shenmue Master wrote:found this in the muecas section which i haven't seen before, looks important, kyiuu can you translate it please

It's just a fan-made comic and has no importance to the Shenmue plot.

Xiuying orders Baihu to take off the mask and he reveales his face with that make-up,
saying "I'm a fan." Of whom is left as a mystery. ;)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Shenmue Master » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:10 am

oh i didn't know that was fanmade, sorry it looked kinda important
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby VGAce » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:24 am

Kiyuu wrote:
Shenmue Master wrote:found this in the muecas section which i haven't seen before, looks important, kyiuu can you translate it please

Xiuying orders Baihu to take off the mask and he reveales his face with that make-up,

LOL, Baihu is a KISS fan I see.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenmue Master » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:37 am

VGAce wrote:
Kiyuu wrote:

LOL, Baihu is a KISS fan I see.

he he he
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby YoYoPo » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:47 am

cool, thanks Hellraiser, didn't realsie you could see Ximing's face by brightening the pic either

how do we know Ximing is the 'white tiger' though? or do you find that out at the end of disc 4?

plus, how did they know to or why did they kidnap Joy?
YoYoPo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ziming » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:06 pm

YoYoPo wrote:cool, thanks Hellraiser, didn't realsie you could see Ximing's face by brightening the pic either

how do we know Ximing is the 'white tiger' though? or do you find that out at the end of disc 4?

For one the four leaders wear the colors that representing each of the four heavenly beasts. Read the first few pages of the following topic and you will understand.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~shenmuedojo ... php?t=9491
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:56 am

now i know why i cant find the vid i was on about...its not on here :lol:

anyways heres a link.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1174

2 mins 55 secs you see them fighting with a crowd a big crowd watching outside the cage. ;) enjoy.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Previous

Return to Shenmue II