Tiger Gate Bldg.

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri May 27, 2005 11:14 pm

Oh, ok i see that now. Thanx for clearing that up. :)
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Kiyuu » Fri May 27, 2005 11:59 pm

LanDC wrote:You can also see the Tiger Gate Building from the Construction Base. It's the street fighting area to the right of the Thousand White Building's entrance.

You can see it for yourself. Just keep in mind, you won't get the same exact views as I got here, as I have a special ability. ;)

What version did you use? :? I took a picture in the same area, but looks like this:

The colors of the buildings look so different and there's no half-cylinder type structure
attached to the Tiger Gate Bldg.

TwiceFriedRice wrote:So theres no entrance or way u can get to the Tiger Gate building from TW? JW since they are connected, and alot of buildings in Kowloon you can only get to by entering thru another building. And it looks like there are tunnels connecting the two buildings to get to one from the other on that last image.

Remeber that loading screen of "Tiger Gate Bldg." is unused. That building
doesn't exist in the final version, even though you can see its exterior. ;)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby LanDC » Sat May 28, 2005 12:22 am

Kiyuu wrote:What version did you use? :? I took a picture in the same area, but looks like this:

The colors of the buildings look so different and there's no half-cylinder type structure
attached to the Tiger Gate Bldg.

My images are from the Xbox version. And as for the half-cylinder structure, it's the one you see to the northwest of the fighting ring.

The reason it's visible in my picture from that angle is because I floated/walked through walls to get to that forbidden position. 8)
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiyuu » Sat May 28, 2005 3:00 am

LanDC wrote:My images are from the Xbox version. And as for the half-cylinder structure, it's the one you see to the northwest of the fighting ring.

The reason it's visible in my picture from that angle is because I floated/walked through walls to get to that forbidden position. 8)

Ah... it's that pillar! Haha... now I see it as a separate structure. :lol:
Thank you for the explanation! :D

I didn't know the buildings in the Xbox version look that different with more colors.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Undercoverman » Sat May 28, 2005 8:26 am

Everytime these things get discovered, I'm amazed at the level of detective work entered into by the collective members of this board. It really is fascinating that Shenmue is a game in which the possibility for discovery is so large, and what's more, reaps such rewards. They reveal information about characters, plotlines, side stories, the game's development, how the game is rendered, mistakes, revisions and glitches. It's utterly brilliant!
Undercoverman
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Ziming » Sat May 28, 2005 9:15 am

Kiyuu wrote:
LanDC wrote:My images are from the Xbox version. And as for the half-cylinder structure, it's the one you see to the northwest of the fighting ring.

Ah... it's that pillar! Haha... now I see it as a separate structure. :lol:
Thank you for the explanation! :D

I didn't know the buildings in the Xbox version look that different with more colors.

The type of video cable you send to your tv also makes a differance in picture clarity and color. Landc uses a s-video cable so what he captures looks sharper and colors stand out more. Look below:

RF Cable (poor quality)

Composite yellow cable (average quality)

S-video (really good quality)

Remember that VGA device that I mentioned sometime ago? That device offers the best picture possible and also has the s-video/composite inputs I mentioned above.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby rhubarb505 » Sat May 28, 2005 10:47 am

Fascinating...

Good work!
rhubarb505
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LanDC » Sat May 28, 2005 4:29 pm

Hellraiser wrote:The type of video cable you send to your tv also makes a differance in picture clarity and color. Landc uses a s-video cable so what he captures looks sharper and colors stand out more.

Yes, it does make a difference. However, the video source isn't entirely the reason for the color variance in this case. The textures for Kowloon's buildings do differ somewhat in the Xbox version. Look, I have attempted to emulate Kiyuu's photo using s-video through the VGA adapter (with the Dreamcast version):

As you can see, even with the same video source that I used for my Xbox shots, the buildings still look very similar to the ones in Kiyuu's shots, and different from the ones in my Xbox shots.

Another big reason the colors are different are due to the time of day which the photos were taken. It's natural that a photo taken in sunshine, in the evening will differ from one taken on a cloudy morning. So, I made a Dreamcast photo in sunshine, at the same time of day as my previous Xbox photos:

It looks more similar to my Xbox shots, though the difference is still noticable.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Sat May 28, 2005 4:48 pm

Whoa, so Tiger Gate's actually bigger than Thousand White..bit of a shame they decided not to let us in the building :(
Hmm...I wonder if there's maybe any sound files still in the game relating to the TG building?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Supa » Sat May 28, 2005 6:43 pm

I must see this for myself
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kyro-Kioto » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:47 am

I don't know if anyone already posted this but in the 6th F of the C-1 building (don't remember the name) there is a place called Tiger Gate Kung Fu.
It's a small martial arts school, I wonder if Baihu is somehow related to that place...

BTW: Is the building where we wake up after finding Yuanda Zhu, the building where is the orphanage where Xiuying was raised.
Kyro-Kioto
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Kiyuu » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:04 am

Kyro-Kioto wrote:I don't know if anyone already posted this but in the 6th F of the C-1 building (don't remember the name) there is a place called Tiger Gate Kung Fu.
It's a small martial arts school, I wonder if Baihu is somehow related to that place...

BTW: Is the building where we wake up after finding Yuanda Zhu, the building where is the orphanage where Xiuying was raised.

Yes, many of us know where Tiger Gate Kung Fu is. The C-1 building is called
"Thousand White Bldg." And, the orphanage/convent is located on the 3rd
floor of the same building.

If you want to learn more about the building, check this post of LanDC:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~shenmuedojo ... 258#561258

BTW, have I said welcome to you? If not, "welcome!" :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:24 am

Yeah it seems quite obvious Tiger Gate Kung Fu was originally meant to be in the TG Building, I guess.
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Big Ox Bldg might simply be the Tiger Gate Bldg renamed? I might have to study the geography of how the buildings are set out...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kiyuu » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:09 am

Miles Prower wrote:Yeah it seems quite obvious Tiger Gate Kung Fu was originally meant to be in the TG Building, I guess.
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Big Ox Bldg might simply be the Tiger Gate Bldg renamed? I might have to study the geography of how the buildings are set out...

Well, I'm afraid not. The Big Ox Bldg is F-2 and attached to the Yellow Head Bldg.
They are completely different buildings.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby TailsAndy89 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:11 pm

that's the only place you can be in the big ox building, though.
TailsAndy89
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II