Ryo and Shenhua's relationship/Iwao past....

(Chapters 3-6)

Ryo and Shenhua's relationship/Iwao past....

Postby joka » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:33 pm

if you've read my other topic about shenhua's flashbacks then you'll no i've been thinking about the shenmue tree and its connection with shenhua, well this kinda leads on from there cos i think Yu susuki gave us a big clus to shenhua's/ryo's in the shenmue tree scenes.
when there looking at the tree together ryo mentions the cherry blossom back home, i think this represents his fahter Iwao. But he also feels the same connection with the shenmue tree, as does shenhua, so i think shenmue represents their mother.
ryo and shenhua would make sense, afterall both mothers are dead, neither of them remembers their mother and they have the same nostalgic feeling about the shenmue tree.
Problem is we don't no when Iwao visted gulin.
see i think when iwao went to gulin he started a relationship with shenhua's mother (obviously shenhua wasn't alive then as shes 2 yrs younger than ryo) and they concieved ryo. but then iwao was drove away for some reason and took the mirrors and ryo to safety.
2 years later shenhua's mother is still in gulin and in a relationship with shenhua's father and she is concieved.
i dont think they share Iwao as a father as that would mean iwao made 2 trips to gulin or lived there for 2 years!
hopefully we'll find out in shenmue 3!
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby ::RFY:: » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:38 pm

that would work.....
....um.....
....yeah......... :roll: 8)
::RFY::
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Alsheimer » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:32 pm

Um I thought Shenhuas real parents were dead and some guy took care of Shenhua after that.
Alsheimer
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ::RFY:: » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:55 pm

Alsheimer wrote:Um I thought Shenhuas real parents were dead and some guy took care of Shenhua after that.

yeah, wait....cause uh, her mom AND dad were present in that one cutscene, so how could Iwao be her father? Maybe they are cousins.
::RFY::
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BayStone » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:12 am

• - Fei Long - • wrote:yeah, wait....cause uh, her mom AND dad were present in that one cutscene, so how could Iwao be her father? Maybe they are cousins.

Some of us now believe that the flashback you refer to actually happened 1000 years in the past and that baby in it might not be the actual Shen Hua. But I also do think that Iwao is not Shenhua's father.

How about Ryo's mother. She did live in Japan at their home. Some people remember her in S1.

Either Ryo is Shen Hua's step-brother, cousin or something or they will be lovers.
BayStone
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mikec_ct » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:31 pm

Who remembers Ryo's mother in Shenmue I? I'd love to speak to someone who talks about her.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BayStone » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:48 am

mikec_ct wrote:Who remembers Ryo's mother in Shenmue I? I'd love to speak to someone who talks about her.

That just it I don't remember. But it wasn't anything good, she was just mentioned or something... correct me if I'm wrong. :roll:
BayStone
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby joka » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:28 am

read my topic again fei-long/alsheimer!
i said it's doubtful that iwao is shenhua's father!
i'm saying the hints point at them having the same mother but different fathers!
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bellator » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:48 am

I am almost sure ryo's mother is chinese, remember all the chinese female items that were hidden in the basement? It's obvious that iwao wanted to keep his past secret...Ryo probably has some conection to shenhua...
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Ryo and Shenhua's relationship/Iwao past....

Postby joka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Yay I retrieved my old profile!

Fun times reading through my old theories... Time to start talking about them again!

joka has received a thanks from: Supa
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue II