Bought Shenmue2

(Chapters 3-6)

Bought Shenmue2

Postby Fox » Wed May 07, 2003 7:24 am

I just bought Shenmue 2 for the Xbox!! I've alrdy beaten it on DC but I just wanted to play it again. They also gave me a DVD with Shenmue the movie on it! Can't wait to see it. Anyone seen it before?
Fox
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Silas » Wed May 07, 2003 7:53 am

Er, yes (!)

Don't forget to check out the Japanese soundtrack on the Shenmue: The Movie DVD. (There's not a lot of other reason to play the movie, 'cos they put it together all wrong, imv, and made the fighting animation look less good than it does when you're playing it. The Digest movie, strangely enough, was much better)
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fox » Wed May 07, 2003 11:30 am

I saw it and it was good but as you said, the fighting scenes were less cool. My DVD didn't have a Japanese Sound Track.. :cry: strange...
Fox

Postby Sonikku » Wed May 07, 2003 1:19 pm

Wha? I thought the movie was much better then the digest movie. They tried to cram the whole game into one piece of media. What version do you think leaves more out? The 13 minut digest movie or the 90 Shenmue the movie? Also, the digest movie is running in a small screen, with only 2 channels of sound. Running on my dvd player with optical out I can play it in a very clear and awsome 5.1 Dolby Digital versus the 2.0 stereo from the dreamcast digest movie. The optical cable alone makes it sound better and clearer(as it practicly sends the sound though air).
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Silas » Wed May 07, 2003 2:06 pm

Oh, it's nothing to do with how much is kept in or left out - it's to do with the structure of how it's put together as a piece of media. Like how trailers are often better than the movies they are advertising. One thing about the Digest Movie was that it did a good job synchronising the music in the opening scene so that the climax comes when Iwao dies - neither the full movie nor the original game did that nearly as well!

Those small screens for the Digest Movie and the Shenmue Saturn movie really bugged me, though. What the hell did they do that for?
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fox » Wed May 07, 2003 2:55 pm

Yea I dunno why they are there. Guess it looks professional?
Fox

Postby Shenmueplaya » Wed May 07, 2003 3:29 pm

Fox wrote:Yea I dunno why they are there. Guess it looks professional?

Not really a professional feel but I think its more for like style and what not.
Shenmueplaya
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Juanfran » Thu May 08, 2003 4:39 am

It's there to annoy you
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Shenmue II