Is it even possible to complete the game on the 360??!

(Chapters 3-6)

Is it even possible to complete the game on the 360??!

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:55 pm

Just wondering if anyone here actually has, as I've just hit a bit of a wall on my playthrough :mad:
See, I remember reading there were some issues with QTE's with the 360 controlller, and that they don't always register properly, but up until now I hadn't had any major problems. But then I got to the 'Following Yuan' scenario in Kowloon, and got to the part where Ryo loses the coin toss to Ren and has to burst into Yuan's room. However, the Command QTE simply WILL NOT REGISTER! It's 'Left, Right, A', and I swear to gawd I am PRESSING LEFT, but it just isn't having it and I'm failing it every time. I ragequit out of frustration in the end :evil:
So, has anyone else hit this wall? Is it actually possible to complete the game? I've seen everyone talk about the music issues etc but not heard of anybody playing the game through to completion on 360, making me wonder if it's possible.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Is it even possible to complete the game on the 360??!

Postby Thief » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:57 pm

It is possible. In fact, the guy who speedran the game at SGDQ this year played on 360. He ran into some sound problems in the Golden Quarter and just general lag in places.

Of course, he skipped nearly the entirety of Kowloon by glitching through walls. :P
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:01 pm

Thief wrote: It is possible. In fact, the guy who speedran the game at SGDQ this year played on 360. He ran into some sound problems in the Golden Quarter and just general lag in places.

Of course, he skipped nearly the entirety of Kowloon by glitching through walls. :P

Yeah, I'm familiar with puri_puri's runs :P Though technically he 'completed' the game, it was by skipping most of Kowloon as you say. Hence I'm wondering if it's possible without using glitches or skips.

Miles Prower has received a thanks from: Thief
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby JaySw34 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:26 pm

I remember when SII was first avaliable for backwards compatibility on 360, I played thru it immediately with minimal problems. Guess it's different for everyone
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:09 pm

It must be. Gametrailers completed their game on the 360 live.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Miles Prower wrote:
Thief wrote: It is possible. In fact, the guy who speedran the game at SGDQ this year played on 360. He ran into some sound problems in the Golden Quarter and just general lag in places.

Yeah, I'm familiar with puri_puri's runs :P Though technically he 'completed' the game, it was by skipping most of Kowloon as you say. Hence I'm wondering if it's possible without using glitches or skips.

I think the Game Trailers beat the game on 360, cus they were having loads of issues with the QTE's not registering aswell. I think because the Dpad is really sensitive on the 360, you need to really really make sure you're pressing it perfect horizontal left for that command :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:11 pm

I take it your left dpad is working normally (or else you wouldn't be running around). You are using an official controller right?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Mr357 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:16 pm

James Brown wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:

I think the Game Trailers beat the game on 360, cus they were having loads of issues with the QTE's not registering aswell. I think because the Dpad is really sensitive on the 360, you need to really really make sure you're pressing it perfect horizontal left for that command :)

Correct. Huber had to do the hitting Yuan QTE at least three times. Strangely though they didn't have too much difficulty at the Ghost Hall building.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:10 am

Mr357 wrote:
James Brown wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:

Correct. Huber had to do the hitting Yuan QTE at least three times. Strangely though they didn't have too much difficulty at the Ghost Hall building.

[Ryo]I see. Thank you very much. [/Ryo]
Ok, well good to know that it isn't impossible. I'll go back and try again. And yes, I'm using a standard official 360 controller, may have just been the D-pad got sweaty from how long I was playing, I guess :P Just hoping it isn't too much of an issue during the QTE's afterthe Baihu and Dou Niu fights later on!!!
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby BlueMue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:01 am

I've played through the game on the 360 a couple of times and I don't recall ever having problems with any of the QTEs. Just keep trying, it definately works.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm still getting precisely nowhere here, guys :( it seems to register the 'Left' command but it will NOT register that I have pressed Right. Aggggggghhhh....
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Return to Shenmue II