Finally finished Disc 2...

(Chapters 3-6)

Finally finished Disc 2...

Postby strider16 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:47 pm

... at least , since I got the pal version, more than one year ago. The first time I played S2 it was a lot like a speed run because was a burnt copy, and I was very afraid to break my DC.

Now with an original copy I had time and was totally determined to get the maximum dialogues and cutscenes possible; this disc appears to be the one with more things to miss if not aware.

I got almost everything, but I lost some minor itens, and others not so minor...

From all I got, first, I had converted my savefile from S1 and started S2 with lotsa money, and bought a lot of figures and zippos before Wong stole my bag. But, I didn't get all the itens possible.

Then there is the Fangmei sidequest, the main reason to get stuck in disc to for hours. I finished S1 one day or two after/before new year in game time (I don't remember exactly), so Ryo arrived in Hong Kong very early. Make time pass until Fangmei' birthday was really... intense. Played a lot of arcade games, darts... at least there are many things to do, or simply missing the chawan sign for fast forward too.

Got the three medals, and wished that Eileen and Izumi were available for fighting everytime.

Lost the second QTE for Poison Brothers, so they get very arrogant towards Ryo.

Learned the Brawling uppercut, kenka upper. And while listened Delin saying it, wondered if its name isn't a tribute for a move in ye olde SoR2. And of course, let him fall in the water too.

Got my pocket full of money and Cool Z took me right to Ren, so when I talked to Joy later, it was too late for have that conversation about Guizhang.

In the last day I really took my time, so, when I get the final scene with Ren, it was well past midnight, and the scene at dark gets really cool, you at night dealing with thugs, it really fits better at night than at midday.
I noticed that the moon ingame had phases. Didn't noticed this before the last two nights ingame.

Said goodbye to Fangmei, really sweet scene.
Said goodbye to Izumi too, and wished that Ryo had allowed her to spend the time she wished with him... She was really sad.

I don't know how many hours I spent playing, probably tens, just this disc. But it worth it! Playing through vga and good headphones, it is the best way to experience the Shenmue-do!

I will took a good breath before start disc 3, taking my time, there is a long time until 2017...

strider16 has received a thanks from: amiga1200
strider16
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Portal Stories: Mel

Re: Finally finished Disc 2...

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:29 pm

:mrgreen:
good reading!
in fairness, you did far more than i did, got a lot more items.
there's an s2 no-miss guide here at SD, just need the s1 equal too. (absolutely nutty full-writ by a staffer here, well done it seems.)
i need to go through s1 when time permits (been slammed, and uploading roms too) from top to bottom, get all possible items, moves and conflabs between npc/key characters.
that's the thing about s1 and 2, fuckup or miss something (and you save) it brands the save, and s2 takes that into account if you do use an s1 save.
thb, i don't think i've tried s2 on the dreamcast without bootlegging the s1 save over. (PSO and PSO v2 do the same in that regard.)
as xbox doesn't allow export of a dreamcast save (that i know of) i would assume the same starting no-save package is the same?! (ryo's default items from a new game)
oh, and agreed, vga/dvi is a fantastic upgrade to all the prior video modes the dreamcast puts out.
thanks for posting your progress, made for good eye-candy. :king:
[edit]
corrections.

amiga1200 has received a thanks from: strider16
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Return to Shenmue II