Strange Bug

(Chapters 3-6)

Strange Bug

Postby Mr357 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have any proof, but I ran into an odd bug today when playing Shenmue II. If you win the fight at Man Mo Park (Chawan Sign segment of disc 2), and don't make it back to the Da Yuan Apartments before 11:00, Ryo will say "I'll go to Man Mo Park" when he looks at his watch, even though you've already been there. The game takes you to Da Yuan, like normal, but the next night it happens again when you hit 11:00. I haven't progressed any further than that, but I imagine it will keep occurring until disc 3.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Strange Bug

Postby Amir » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Mr357 wrote: Unfortunately, I don't have any proof, but I ran into an odd bug today when playing Shenmue II. If you win the fight at Man Mo Park (Chawan Sign segment of disc 2), and don't make it back to the Da Yuan Apartments before 11:00, Ryo will say "I'll go to Man Mo Park" when he looks at his watch, even though you've already been there. The game takes you to Da Yuan, like normal, but the next night it happens again when you hit 11:00. I haven't progressed any further than that, but I imagine it will keep occurring until disc 3.

I lost the fight on purpose (still not getting called Ryo-san :/ ), but I've gotten the "I'll go to Man Mo Park" after 11pm one or two times, maybe it's a translation error or he's just referring to the area near the apartments?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby johnvivant » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:51 am

yeah, i've noticed this for years. its a bit annoying actually considering the high standards of the game. they fixed it in the xbox port.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby strider16 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Noticed this too, but don't know if it would repeat indefinitely, saw it only once.
strider16
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Portal Stories: Mel

Return to Shenmue II