Can I Play Shenmue 2x On Xbox One?

(Chapters 3-6)

Can I Play Shenmue 2x On Xbox One?

Postby alvlegacy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:41 am

Hi there, anyone knows if there's any way to play Shenmue 2x on Xbox One console?
alvlegacy
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Can I Play Shenmue 2x On Xbox One?

Postby sand4fish » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:45 am

Nope, there's now way Xbox One can do it (at least of now). The system can only emulate few 360 titles unfortunately.

XBox 360 or the original console is the way to go if you want to play that version of the game. Also there's a full english VO Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast emulation if you wanna choose that path.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby alvlegacy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:57 am

sand4fish wrote:Nope, there's now way Xbox One can do it (at least of now). The system can only emulate few 360 titles unfortunately.

XBox 360 or the original console is the way to go if you want to play that version of the game. Also there's a full english VO Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast emulation if you wanna choose that path.

Thanks for your advice ^^ It's a pity bcos my company has a Xbox One console and I was thinking of asking them to buy a Shenmue 2x game so I can play in front of my colleagues and expose them to this great classic.
alvlegacy

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Bro, get an android device then download reicast, the shenmue roms and the dc bios then show em shenmue. What do you say eh?
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Anthony817 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:13 pm

I agree with these guys. You should just emulate it with decent hardware be it on a phone or better yet on a decent PC from the past 10 years. I was emulating it back in 2008 on an old 2006 dual core media center PC. Recently played it in 1080p much better but just keep in mind Shenmue1 and 2 still have a few glitches.

Also with NullDC it recognizes the Xbox controllers and maps the buttons to the original Dreamcast controller layout. NullDC has some special versions released that focus on fixing the Glitches on all 3 Shenmue games on DC, Whats Shenmue, Shenmue and Shenmue II.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46995
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Return to Shenmue II