Which version has better graphics?

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Which version has better graphics?

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:25 pm

drunkensailor wrote:
Painmaster212 wrote: The Youtube channel Gamesack did a comparison clip in one of their videos with both versions, the DC using S Video and the Xbox a using component cable and it was unreal the difference between the two! Maybe just because of motion blur since there was alot of movement in most scenes?

Here's the video for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/PX0cRztKrRs?t=14m41s

I like gamesack and all but why in the hell would you show dreamcast using s-video? rgb and vga are way superior.

Because fewer people own these cables, still relevant (and that would be unfair for poor xbox, is the dreamcast version really so clearer ? :shock: )
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby punkmanced » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:59 pm

^ ?
They should have compared both systems using S-video, as well as both systems using VGA for a fairer comparison.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Depends of the way you watch it. If you take it from a geek perspective, I agree. If you want to know what game the players have mostly played in the past or will, I still find this interesting.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby drunkensailor » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:47 pm

punkmanced wrote: ^ ?
They should have compared both systems using S-video, as well as both systems using VGA for a fairer comparison.

how can you get xbox to run via vga?
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby punkmanced » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Depends of the way you watch it. If you take it from a geek perspective, I agree. If you want to know what game the players have mostly played in the past or will, I still find this interesting.

That doesn’t make any sense though. What’s the point of doing side-by-side video comparisons if you’re going to be using different video cables? Not very accurate. They could have just as easily stuck to S-video on both systems and be done with it.

drunkensailor wrote: how can you get xbox to run via vga?

You’re right, I could’ve sworn there was an official Xbox VGA adapter, but there isn’t. People had to come up with their own DIY solutions.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Zoltor » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:14 pm

drunkensailor wrote:

Speaking of which, I find forcing the DC to only use S-Video, just because the XBOX can't use VGA, is very unfair.

The DC version with VGA, looks far superior to the XBOX version, and I think It's a grave disservice to down grade the DCs capabilities, to give the XBOX a fighting chance.

If the entire idea of such videos is to see what system Shenmue 2 looks the best on, they should've hooked up both consoles, using the best setups they are capable of.

Also I want to point out, that the XBOX version's water is pretty bad. They over did it to the point, it looks like CG, it doesn't look realistic at all. I'll take realistic over superficially shiny any day.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:14 pm

punkmanced wrote:
That doesn’t make any sense though. What’s the point of doing side-by-side video comparisons if you’re going to be using different video cables? Not very accurate. They could have just as easily stuck to S-video on both systems and be done with it.

Because the used cables are part of the basic hardware stuff chosen by Sega and Microsoft. Not everyone own these cables or are ready to buy it anyway. If it's a strict console vs console comparison, it makes somehow sense.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby drunkensailor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:07 pm

Zoltor wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:

Speaking of which, I find forcing the DC to only use S-Video, just because the XBOX can't use VGA, is very unfair.

The DC version with VGA, looks far superior to the XBOX version, and I think It's a grave disservice to down grade the DCs capabilities, to give the XBOX a fighting chance.

If the entire idea of such videos is to see what system Shenmue 2 looks the best on, they should've hooked up both consoles, using the best setups they are capable of.

Also I want to point out, that the XBOX version's water is pretty bad. They over did it to the point, it looks like CG, it doesn't look realistic at all. I'll take realistic over superficially shiny any day.

what kind of ridiculous argument is that? ok when we compare ps3 with ps2, don't use hmdi on ps3 or it's not fair. :-&
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:28 pm

drunkensailor wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:

what kind of ridiculous argument is that? ok when we compare ps3 with ps2, don't use hmdi on ps3 or it's not fair. :-&

If you are ever comparing which version looks better for anything, you should be using the best hookups for each version, not downgrade one, to so called be fair to the inferior hardware.

If It's about finding out which one looks better, if one is capable of being hooked up with better video cables, you should use the better video cables, you shouldn't downgrade it, just because the other system can't use the same video cable.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 am

excuse me I must've completely misread your post as we both have the same opinion
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Shenmue II