Lan Di? Just a man.

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Lan Di? Just a man.

Postby Kiske » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Come on, is this a joke?

Beeing a martial arts master doesn't give you the ability to fly.

There are Bruce Lee movies and Stephen Chow movies... Lan Di character is more inspired by the first category in my opinion. Don't forget also that Lan Di chases the (two) mirror(s) from the very beginning of the first episode. Until he gets them, he is nothing more than a human being with no magical powers but incredibly high fighting capabilities and top notch charisma...
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby we420 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:27 am

I love this thread :rotflmao:
we420
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: silva340
XBL: we420
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Yakuza 6/God of War

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:41 pm

LanDi is Ryo

Think about it ..
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby SMDzero » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:22 am

ReeceKun wrote: LanDi is Ryo

Think about it ..

Maybe Ryo has a split personality and Lan Di is just his imagination of his evil self?

Maybe Ryo's evil side is named Deo? Evil Deo sometimes makes trouble for people like when he beats up those 2 girls with Mai, when he pushes GuiZhang in front for the falling pole, and when he cruelly asks the hobo about where to find a job.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:16 am

SMDzero wrote:

Think about it ..

Maybe Ryo has a split personality and Lan Di is just his imagination of his evil self?

Maybe Ryo's evil side is named Deo? Evil Deo sometimes makes trouble for people like when he beats up those 2 girls with Mai, when he pushes GuiZhang in front for the falling pole, and when he cruelly asks the hobo about where to find a job.

I was referring to the fact that LanDi's scar and Ryos plaster are in the same place .. coincidence ???
Lan Di is Ryo's future self who became corrupted by Revenge and travelled back in time etc etc
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:31 am

Kiske wrote:

Wrong

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Kiske
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kuroioni » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I don't really see his appearance in Shenmue II as weak. I see it more as a display of power. In the original, he had a black car. In the sequel, a black fucking helicopter. He's probably a hundred or more feet in the air, just hanging on to a rope ladder. He doesn't even break his icy stare. Ryo is on his turf now.

Then again, he probably does consider Ryo more of a challenge after watching him kick the shit out of the top Triad leader in Kowloon. In the opening of the first game, Lan Di barely even looks at Ryo, but in II they have that amazing stare-down.

Yes I totally agree. I thought Lan Di on the helicopter was pretty badass and didn't see it as weak. I do agree that it shows a lot of power.
Kuroioni
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Yakuza 4

Postby SMDzero » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:38 pm

I don't know... having to hold on the ladder with his hand seemed to me like a sign of weakness. Think of a bicycler riding with no hands compared to a less experienced bicycler having to hold the handle bars with one hand to remain steady.

SMDzero has received a thanks from: Monkei
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Centrale » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:59 pm

The way I see it, Lan Di puts on his exquisitely-embroidered tailor-made silk robes one sleeve at a time, just like the rest of us.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:27 am

Centrale wrote: The way I see it, Lan Di puts on his exquisitely-embroidered tailor-made silk robes one sleeve at a time, just like the rest of us.

Nahh.. Lan Di has his robe put on by his black suits.

Like this.

SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Benwah » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:12 pm

ReeceKun wrote:
I was referring to the fact that LanDi's scar and Ryos plaster are in the same place .. coincidence ???
Lan Di is Ryo's future self who became corrupted by Revenge and travelled back in time etc etc

I wondered about this and then realised pretty quickly that the scars are on the opposite sides of the face. I think it is much more likely that Shenmue is setting up so that Ryo will 'break the cycle' of revenge. I don't think Ryo will kill Lan Di in the end.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Postby Monkei » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:05 pm

ReeceKun wrote:
SMDzero wrote:

Think about it ..

Right, everybody knows that if you become corrupted enough by revenge, there's a good chance you suddenly turn chinese. Could very well be the case here. Good theory!
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:56 pm

shredingskin wrote:
Kiske wrote:

Wrong

But no one in DBZ is a martial arts master, they are all "freaks" that can boost their strenght and speed to crazy levels. It's literally all about powercreep.

I mean think about it for a second, was there a single battle that was decided because someone had the better martial arts technique? nope, it's all about whos more powerful.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue II