Ryo and Ren Brothers?

(Chapters 3-6)

Ryo and Ren Brothers?

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:13 pm

So I just finished my Playthru of shenmue 2 for the 10th time I have come to the conclusion that I think Ryo and Ren are related in someway shape or form... ren almost acts like a guardian and a big brother always picking on Ryo and looking over his next move. Maybe the time that they speak about when Iwao was younger in China he had some relationship with someone there and that's possibly how Ren was born and maybe he got mixed up with the wrong crowd growing up total opposite of Ryo... This is just speculation but it would be kind of cool to see them grow in some way shape or form and turn out to be actually brothers who knows anything is possible in the shenmue universe pure speculation but this is what I took away from my current playthrough anybody else want to chime in on this it's just an idea as I was playing that came to mind ..well looks like it's time to play through the first game then go back to the second one for number 11 of the first and second games I really really really cannot wait for Shenmue 3!

Thanks for reading everyone there's no other place I would rather share my thoughts of my Playthru than here love hearing your feedback tell me what you all think any speculations or ideas you have about the third game let me know
Ryo_Hazuki--san
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Ryo and Ren Brothers?

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:18 pm

I don't think they're blood brothers, but they do form a brotherly bond together, of sorts.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr357 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:36 pm

I'd more so compare them to Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. Han constantly tries to play the bad boy scoundrel who's just in it for the money (sound familiar?), but ends up saving Luke in the end for no reason other than morality. He's a thief with a heart of gold, and I imagine that's what we'll see with Ren, if we haven't already.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Very good way to put it I hope there is something more than meets The eye from these two from the story hopefully in shenmue 3 will finally find out more.
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Shenmue II