Something I've never seen before

(Chapters 3-6)

Something I've never seen before

Postby Chaikilla » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 am

So, I was playing Lucky Hit in Kowloon and as I was playing the ball got stuck and the owner said "This thing's old, you know? That one doesn't count". I'll leave to to Bluemue to make a video on it 8)
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Something I've never seen before

Postby BlueMue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:12 am

I've actually tried to get the ball stuck a few weeks ago. It happened to me while I was just messing around at a stand in the Thunder House area and unfortunately I couldn't hit the record button in time. It's very random for this to happen. Some boards are more prone to get the ball stuck but it's still a very lucky occurance.

What board did you play on, Chaikilla?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Chaikilla » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:16 pm

I was trying to get the hidden scrolls from the board on dragon's street. It was the middle board.
Chaikilla

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Don't think I've seen nor heard of this happening. Pretty cool.

Chaikilla wrote: I was trying to get the hidden scrolls from the board on dragon's street. It was the middle board.

I've never managed to get the scroll. So frustrating. Not being able to skip the dialogue during these interactions, and the time it takes to "play again" is one of Shenmue's biggest flaws in my opinion.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Chaikilla » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote: Don't think I've seen nor heard of this happening. Pretty cool.

Chaikilla wrote: I was trying to get the hidden scrolls from the board on dragon's street. It was the middle board.

I've never managed to get the scroll. So frustrating. Not being able to skip the dialogue during these interactions, and the time it takes to "play again" is one of Shenmue's biggest flaws in my opinion.

Ugh, same. I've read guides on NeoGaf which claim that the optimal strategy is to lightly tap 4 times to the left before releasing the ball and I've seen a video where a guy just drops it without any movements and it goes in. I've tried both methods and failed. Extremely frustrating.

I sat through a 90 minute match the other day with Shenmue 2 on in the background trying to get the scroll(s) but to no avail.
Chaikilla

Postby Mr. Frozen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:22 am

I vaguely remember this happening to me once. I excepted to have to reset the game and was surprised when the game recognized the scenario. Good programming.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Shenmue II