My insertcoinclothing Shenmue Jacket arrived! [PHOTOS]

(Chapters 3-6)

My insertcoinclothing Shenmue Jacket arrived! [PHOTOS]

Postby moon_child » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:04 pm

My wife was sweet enough to order a Shenmue jacket online when it was on a flash sale, and it showed up today! I noticed a lot of people had their worries when it was introduced on this site/reddit, so I figured I'd share some photos I took of the jacket.

The front. It's a windbreaker material, which is fine with me since I like to wear light jackets. The website makes it appear a light brown, but it's a nice dark brown like the original. Inside the jacket is an interior pocket.

The zipper brandishes the website name.

The patches are embroidered on, the red stripes on each sleeve.

Last but not least. . . The tiger. I'm bummed out, but unsurprised, that it's screen printed and not embroidered (considering the original jacket price, plus shipping, in USD is $70.00) .

An up close look, the print quality isn't that great. :C

Just taken out of the wrap and the tiger's already fading. I'm super worried that if I wear it, the tiger decal is going to peel off the jacket. If it fades, that's fine, I just don't want to lose chunks of it.

The fit is true to size, I'd even say it runs a tad small. I recommend ordering a size up. My main complaint is that it fits tight in the arms where the patches are. I'm not going to be doing any arm wrestling or karate while wearing it, but I'm still worried it'll tear if I'm not careful.

All in all, if my wife paid full price for it, I'd be pretty bummed with what I got. The quality isn't good enough to be worth $70, but on sale it totaled out to $30 (plus shipping), and that's a more realistic price for what was paid for. I don't know if I'll wear it a ton, but it's still a fun piece of merch to have.

moon_child has received 4 thanks from: BigTuna, Mr357, Niowiad, Switch
moon_child
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: My insertcoinclothing Shenmue Jacket arrived! [PHOTOS]

Postby BigTuna » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm in the same boat. I was disappointed in the quality. It fits very nicely, but I feel like the fabric could tear so easily. It kinda scares me. I was expecting so much better. Especially when you peep the asking price. Like damn dude, that ain't right. I'm glad I didn't pay full price though. So I can't complain much. All in all. I'm happy I got it. Just probably won't wear it very often either.

BigTuna has received a thanks from: moon_child
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Return to Shenmue II