Shenmue II in the newest version of DEmul 0.7 121017

(Chapters 3-6)

Shenmue II in the newest version of DEmul 0.7 121017

Postby cornchipz » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey guys, how are you all doing today?

It's been a long time since I have posted here. I honestly tried to register an account, only to realize my account from 2004 was still open, lol. I think it has been about 11 years since my last post.

Any way, so in the several years since I had left, I have all but given up or lost my retro gaming collection (yeah, I know that is kind of sad :( ), but with Shenmue III on the horizon (finally!), I've really wanted to go back and experience Shenmue and Shenmue II again, in the way they were meant to be played.

So, I played the games on DEmul, which used to run kind of like a stuttery mess (version 221215)

Recently, DEmul has released new versions, with the newest version (at the time of this posting) being 0.7 121017
http://demul.emulation64.com/ is their website, and it has fixed almost ALL of the stuttering problems in the game, leading to a very nice gaming experience!

To celebrate the new version, and to do some testing, I have been doing a full playthrough and streaming it to my Youtube page to try to show how good emulation has gotten on DEmul, and I have been showing it off to the Facebook group Shenmue 500k that I sometimes post to, but I figured this would be a great audience to show the quality of emulation too, as well as I can assist people with getting the emulator to run if they are having issues.

Here's a link to my almost full playthrough of Shenmue II on the newest version of DEmul: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjOsC6a40bWi-ujse2Xf7lDOqG5KWy5sB, and I'm going to be livestreaming the final disc probably this weekend at some point if people are interested.

Any way, it's great to be back, and I hope that you guys appreciate my video, and I'd be happy to assist anybody with the emulator, discuss the game, or anything else!

cornchipz has received a thanks from: Esppiral
cornchipz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Cornchipz
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue II