i just met ren in shenmue IIx and he sounds like a tard

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby LanDC » Mon May 12, 2003 3:32 am

Topics like these are what will end up making the same thing that happened with shenmue 2, happen with shenmue 3, so for us who do appreciate the english voices will have to do without..
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Silas » Mon May 12, 2003 5:43 am

What do you mean by "the same thing"? I'm happy that as a European I got the benefit of both Japanese and English in Shenmue II and all without modding my DC! But I don't expect to play Shenmue III in Japanese.

LanDC, Shenmue II was cancelled in the USA because they hadn't done the English dubbing, and by the time it was the DC would be completely dead. That isn't going to happen with Shenmue III because the X-Box isn't going to get cancelled. (Like it or not, it was obviously felt by SEGA that the European market would tolerate a Japanese language version and the American market wouldn't. I think the consensus here is that they were wrong, but you've got to get the casual players as well as us fanatics if you're going to make any money.

One thing that the Japanese Ren does far better than the English Ren - it's that long yawn near the end of the Kowloon sequence! "Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawoooooooooghghghghgh!"
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Mon May 12, 2003 8:39 am

I did not mean that it would be cancelled. but they could not add english voices again. and i dont want that happening just because some people bitched about it. Hell no. i wont have my shenmue experience ruined. but it wont happen, because they wouldnt make them for 2 games and not an other. i still think they will include both on shenmue III, but if not. then just buy the japanese version if you hate english so bad.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Silas » Mon May 12, 2003 8:42 am

Just as a business decision, Shenmue III will come in English for the US/UK releases. Comparatively few players will have experienced both languages, and most of them are here! I would like both versions, but I don't expect to find a Japanese soundtrack when it comes out.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Louis » Mon May 12, 2003 1:43 pm

Gutcruncher wrote:I dont like his english voice. It makes him sound all non-badass

you get me!
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Louis » Mon May 12, 2003 1:45 pm

LanDC wrote:Topics like these are what will end up making the same thing that happened with shenmue 2, happen with shenmue 3, so for us who do appreciate the english voices will have to do without..

but other wise those who appreciate the japanese voices do without! any way, i doubt they read this forum, and theres a strong posibilty that they only release english voices with shenmue III, as it does not sell that well in japan
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue II