Shenmue II Mod Topic

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby LanDC » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:02 pm

Hey I have some cool news... Floors 19 through 39 in the Yellow head bldg are actually there! I went through the stair barrier on the 18th floor and went on up. There are actual rooms to go in up to the 26th floor. Then the rooms are just a big glitch. It's very cool though. Because eventually, you'll reach the 40th floor, and come out in the staircase to the right of the big door near the roof which is blocked off. There are a little over 3900 rooms in the Yellow Head Bldg.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby rens of heavens » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:11 pm

Hey that cool LanDC!
rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:18 pm

LanDC wrote:Hey I have some cool news... Floors 19 through 39 in the Yellow head bldg are actually there! I went through the stair barrier on the 18th floor and went on up. There are actual rooms to go in up to the 26th floor. Then the rooms are just a big glitch. It's very cool though. Because eventually, you'll reach the 40th floor, and come out in the staircase to the right of the big door near the roof which is blocked off. There are a little over 3900 rooms in the Yellow Head Bldg.

Jesus. So the floors are all basically exactly the same yeah? No other ones that look as nice as the 40th floor, I'm guessing.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby drporkchop » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:23 pm

LanDC wrote:Hey I have some cool news... Floors 19 through 39 in the Yellow head bldg are actually there! I went through the stair barrier on the 18th floor and went on up. There are actual rooms to go in up to the 26th floor. Then the rooms are just a big glitch. It's very cool though. Because eventually, you'll reach the 40th floor, and come out in the staircase to the right of the big door near the roof which is blocked off. There are a little over 3900 rooms in the Yellow Head Bldg.

Is there anything in the rooms when you go in them? Or is it just empty space? Imagine the secrets that could be awaiting... If you've got a few hours to spair, LanDC, try to do a room check...lol...
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:16 pm

YAAAAY finally a tutorial... if i ever manage to get these items i'll never leave my home!!
Joey Bassist Dude
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:08 am

The floors all look the same.. And there are actual detailed rooms up to the 26th floor. Then the rest above are just weird nothing glitches.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby asnozz » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:17 am

wow thats pretty cool, why the hell would they include all this??
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz

Postby Daemos » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:59 pm

I just love looping maps, they're so fscking disorienting :x . Anyone one remember Sandopolis Act 2 in Sonic & Knuckles? Grrr... That level gave me nightmares, it took me ages to get through it. :x

Nice going Lan. And I have to concur with asnozz, there was no reason to include the code needed for the 27th+ floors. Seems like a waste of time, money and effort to me.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby LanDC » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:18 am

But they did because they rock. Well I have more cool news now.. I recently tested out the strength of the XBOX. It's a tough puppy! As we know, Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast lags like CRAZY just about everywhere.. For instance, It can get really bad in the stonepit just with you and Shenhua.. Well first of all, let me tell you that Ryo's s2x model is double the filesize as his DC model. This is what I did.. In Langhuishan, I put Iwao, Lan Di, Dou Niu, Ren, Joy, Yuan, Little Ryo, Shenhua, Xiuying, Jianmin, and Chai all on screen at once.. It barely lagged.. It's amazing. It never really lags ANY unless you have everyone all showing at once, it will lag just a tiny bit.. But Shenmue 2DC lags MUCH MUCH worse just in places like Worker's Pier with regular NPC's and Ryo's DC model.. Also, the lens flare on Shenmue 2x is better on Xbox. It's going to be amazing to see what the developers can do with Shenmue III made on XBOX.

Also, we now have all the signs in the beta Aberdeen translated! Thanks to Kiyuu again! And thanks to Whiteshadow for getting the textures for me. I edited them all and put the names in English.. Here they are, I've compressed them all in a zip.. http://www.planetxbox.com//shenmuedojo/images/modimages/abersigns.zip
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mestre Ziming » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:20 am

Master Baihu was supost to be one of the strett figthers in a bldg. called Tiger Gate Bldg.
I tried to change the folder that have this name and appear the place where master baihu is and if you get close to him appear te button to enter in the figth one more thing that proves this is that picture that i found with him.

Yeah, I notice that theres one folder of Yellow head with 39 on it but i never tried
Can you translate too what is in that places that we found and the thing that are in the wall of shenhua's house in a cube?.

···wh¡teShådow···[µ] wrote:I just love looping maps, they're so fscking disorienting . Anyone one remember Sandopolis Act 2 in Sonic & Knuckles? Grrr... That level gave me nightmares, it took me ages to get through it.
Haha, I remeber that level,i take some time to pass too. But i get very happy because the next leves are very cool.
Mestre Ziming
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby LanDC » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:45 am

Ziming's leaving place has been walked in. Unfortunatly there is nothing new to report.. It's basically all we originally see.. Just a bunch of NOTHING.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Jeff » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:12 pm

I see you tested the strength of the Xbox Lan DC. Lately ive been questioning the abilities of the Xbox ever since playing GTA:Vice City on Xbox. I found that it cant handle as much numerical calculations as well as the PS2. Plus the damn thing always freezes and then you have to start over without anything saved. I know I dont have a defective Xbox in account that I have 2 of them. I question if all of the Xbox's abilies are the best of all of the systems.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:17 pm

Mestre Ziming wrote:Master Baihu was supost to be one of the strett figthers in a bldg. called Tiger Gate Bldg.
I tried to change the folder that have this name and appear the place where master baihu is and if you get close to him appear te button to enter in the figth one more thing that proves this is that picture that i found with him.

About the Tiger Gate Bldg., I think that was originally part of the Thousand White Bldg., as on the loading screen for TGB that Lan found, it says "C-2". The Thousand White Bldg. is "C-1". So basically I'm suspecting that the part of the TWB where Tiger Gate Kung Fu/Thousand White Convent/TW Warehouse etc was originally the Tiger Gate Bldg.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby LanDC » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:22 am

The Tiger Gate Bldg loading screen is QKBT. QKBT is the folder name for the place you fight Baihu.. Although it's in the QKBT folder... The area doesn't load the QKBT loading screen.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

You're welcome!

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:55 am

LanDC wrote:Also, we now have all the signs in the beta Aberdeen translated! Thanks to Kiyuu again! And thanks to Whiteshadow for getting the textures for me. I edited them all and put the names in English.. Here they are, I've compressed them all in a zip.. http://www.planetxbox.com//shenmuedojo/images/modimages/abersigns.zip

I noticed one thing. There's no English name in the file 10.bmp.
It should be "Arm wrestling."
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II