Shenmue II Mod Topic

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby LanDC » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:23 am

Ooops, my mistake.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:38 am

LanDC wrote:The Tiger Gate Bldg loading screen is QKBT. QKBT is the folder name for the place you fight Baihu.. Although it's in the QKBT folder... The area doesn't load the QKBT loading screen.

Huh. Weird. :?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:29 am

LanDC wrote:Ooops, my mistake.

And remember there're two more names in the File No. 8.

レン倉庫: Ren's warehouse
粥屋: Porridge house
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Daemos » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:50 pm

Lan, you slacker! :lol: And what screen does show up when you load QKBT?
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby LanDC » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:48 pm

:: wh¡teShådow :: wrote:Lan, you slacker! :lol: And what screen does show up when you load QKBT?

Underground. There are 2 underground loading screens.. Qug0 and Quzo.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Daemos » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:28 pm

Well, I have a small update. Today I finally played both in the beta (seems more like alpha to me) Aberdeen, and on Shenhua's dream/flashback/whatever it is. :D

I gotta say, the Aberdeen map matches EXACTLY the layout presented in Shenmue Premiere, and is very probably at least 14 (or more) times the size of the New Yokosuka Harbor in Shenmue 1. Saying it's a really big map would be an understatement. :shock: It's god damn HUGE.

As to the dream/flashback map, it just pleases me to be one of the few that have actually experienced walking around in it. It is one beautiful if small location. The screenshots taken and posted publicly - along with the video clip - show only part of its true beauty.

I'd like to know if you guys would like me to post up some high-res screenshots of both places? I took quite a lot of them just from the second, and it would take a load of patience to upload them all. They're worth it though. Also, I took some after nightfall, the atmosphere is completely different, awesome stuff.

:D
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Daemos » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:02 pm

Ok, I see nobody cares. :roll: In any case, here are some more screenshots of this place, this time in high resolution for those that do care... :?

The last pack of screens (on the bottom) was made because a lot of people asked for closer screenshots a while ago, but nobody posted them. So, there it is.
Attachments
ws_shdm_comp1.jpg
(137.17 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
ws_shdm_comp3.jpg
(70.03 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
ws_shdm_comp4.jpg
(119.16 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby drporkchop » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:10 pm

More amazing stuff!

=D>

Thanks whiteshadow!
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:02 pm

That last pic could be depicting an ancient arm wrestiling location.

Good Stuff whitey
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:20 pm

Great pictures, wh¡teShådow!! Thank you!! :D
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby LanDC » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:07 am

Nice pics.. But I noticed a little something about the pics though whitey.. Actually the mod was by me, and I told ya how it was done. So the watermark is a bit off? lol, heh, well I've had one coming since you pointed out how you found out how to get textures from PKFs.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Metalslug111 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:26 am

I went to that FTP site in the beginning of the thread for the AFS extracter tool thingy, but it seems to be down. Can someone possibly send me the program who has it? My email is [email protected]. Thanks.
Metalslug111
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Jiezeru » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:23 am

Awesome pics dude, that place looks awesome!
Jiezeru
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Running from the XBox HDD?

Postby _Shift » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:23 pm

Just curious as to how exactly you managed to get Shenmue II to run properly from the XBox HDD? I copied the game onto the HDD (even got a working DVD/RW backup going of my own copy..!) but whenever I run the XBE I get the "now loading..." screen for a few seconds before being kicked out to the dashboard. No-one on xbox-scene seems to have solved this problem but I'm guessing at least one person here has. Tried patching the XBE w/dvdxcopy, FTP'ing it, thought it must be my files but then the DVD/RW copy shouldn't work if that was the case...
If anyone could reply or PM me the solution I'd much appreciate it.
_Shift
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby LanDC » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:43 pm

Shift.. It sounds like there is a file missing somewhere. Are you sure you have all of the files? Your probably not going to be able to fit it all if you have the original XBOX hdd still in there. That's why I just put like 2 discs at a time. Delete it all. Then make sure all folders but scene copy.. Then make a scene folder, and make like a 01 inside of that. Then copy all of 01 inside. Make then try it. That way you know you have all of the files up till the end of disc 1 atleast. It should load.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II