Shenmue II Mod Topic

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby tackangel » Sat May 01, 2004 4:34 am

good stuff here, like to see a mod of Lan Di & Chai fighting sometime. No rush.
tackangel
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby LanDC » Mon May 10, 2004 4:20 am

This thread has been empty for quite a bit now.. I've been working on a lot of other things, and haven't really had time to create any really good mods to show.. But here is an interesting fact. Once before I viewed the created date of the zipped Miao Village and Miao Guang Temple loading screens, but I never actually looked at the created dates of the actual files inside. It seems Miao Village and Miao Guang Temple's loading screens were created on May 25th 2000! And get this... The load screen for "Aberdeen" was created on September 26th 2000. So the loading screen for the first visited place in Hong Kong was created 4 months after Miao Villlage and Miao Guang Temple's were? Strange isn't it?

While we are on the subject of file creation/last modified dates, the Stonepit in Shenmue II was last modified on July 10th 2001 on 6:35PM. Information like that is neat to know :)

If anyone could think of any other possibly interesting file creation dates to look up, tell me.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby LanDC » Tue May 11, 2004 12:02 am

Back with more news in the Shenmue II modding scene!

Edited: I found what I was thinking 2 unused action selectors, but turns out "paddock". I had forgot all about that, as did numerous other widely knowledged Shenmue fans.

Anyway, the one that does not appear in Shenmue II in "Ride". This could have been for the bike in the beta days, or it could be for other transportation such as a train! There are trainstations in Luoyang, and one seen in the Shenmue Premiere. Ryo is jumping on one in Project Berkley as well, so we know trains will be involved.
Last edited by LanDC on Tue May 11, 2004 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby drporkchop » Tue May 11, 2004 12:07 am

:D cool find.

Paddock and ride ehh? Sure makes horse ridding sound likely...That could be pretty cool...

*wants Shenmue 3 even more now*
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Tue May 11, 2004 1:06 am

Woops, never mind that Paddock one. Look above, I edited the post.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby drporkchop » Tue May 11, 2004 1:34 am

Ah...Well I'm guessing it's fromt the bike then...Though wasn't there a scene on the Shenmue Saturn video that had him on a train? ... :-k
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ryo_monkey » Sat May 15, 2004 5:08 am

woah streched ryo ......funny
ryo_monkey
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat May 15, 2004 10:31 pm

Maybe that means we are definitely going to Miao Village and that temple, since they wouldnt bother making the loading screens so early (before aberdeen) if they weren't sure they were using them. But it probably doesn't take long to make a loading screen.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ys » Sun May 16, 2004 4:44 pm

The thing with the dates is interesting to know. But reading all of this also makes me want Shenmue III...
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby LanDC » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:39 pm

I've finally got the means of capturing these mods! There's so much for me to do I don't even know where to start. This card is of very nice quality. Unfortunatly, my PC doesn't even meet the minimum requirement for it, so I cannot even do HALF as much with it. God I need a new PC so so bad...

Anyway! Here's Ryo fighting while still holding the bag around his shoulder! He still uses his left hand to hold the bag the entire time, so it's really neat. Here's a picture and a small clip of it.

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetxbox/shenmuedojo/modclips/fighting_with_bag_mod.zip

Also, here are two more pics I have snapped with the card.

LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby drporkchop » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:43 am

LOL! :lol: That video's great.

No sound though...was there supposed to be?
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:07 am

No, no sound. I like how Ryo's arm doesn't glitch out or anything, it actually stays there even if he uses that arm to hit. He just kinda leans it forward some.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby drporkchop » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:22 am

LanDC wrote:No, no sound. I like how Ryo's arm doesn't glitch out or anything, it actually stays there even if he uses that arm to hit. He just kinda leans it forward some.

Yeah, it looks really cool. So does it stay like that in cutscenes and QTE's as well?
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:29 pm

Yes, as long as you have the bag on before going into any type of scene, he will still have it on.

Check these out! Ren decides to get a few photos of his friend before leaving China :D I did it at night and gave Ryo the bag to add some extra flavor!

LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenmueNut » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:36 pm

That's cool. LanDC is the man!!
ShenmueNut
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II