Silly Sega Shenmue 2 Shambles!

(Chapters 3-6)

Silly Sega Shenmue 2 Shambles!

Postby poland » Tue May 20, 2003 9:22 am

In more articles that I have found from various places, I came across something that, well, annoyed me a bit. Did you notice that in the Official Xbox Magazine demo disk of Shenmue 2 they gave us a really boring bit of the game (wandering around and then doing the Wong QTE, with no fight at the end). Whereas in America the disk had the part where you end up meeting Zhang in the Dou Jiang Diner, have the fight and then the massive QTE in the market. Far more fun I think.
If the UK marketers had any sense they would have used America’s part as this would have enticed far more people into buying the game, because after playing the UK demo you end up thinking: what a boring game!
Who cares if the a piece of the storyline is given away by the Zhang bit? At least they will then buy the game and experience the whole of it!
poland
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Jacob Marley » Tue May 20, 2003 9:26 am

I would love to play through the UK demo. I found it fascinating that they actually created a whole new demo instead of just recycling the existing one for the US market!
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Paul » Tue May 20, 2003 4:12 pm

I dunno, a lot of Americans complained their demo was too short.
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby poland » Fri May 23, 2003 6:25 am

ah wel it was worth a try
poland

Postby Tomo » Mon May 26, 2003 12:43 pm

the demo i got in oxm wouldn't exactly convince people to buy the game'in the oxm forums people were complaining how $hite the demo was.but it's still being in the top 10 xbox games chart for 2 months now. :D
Tomo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Return to Shenmue II