Real Locations

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby LawXiu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 am

I see you got the one with Kai Tak airport and the low planes. It's not like that anymore because they closed Kai Tak. Shame because it's amazing to see.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Cinostic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:22 am

beautifull..
Cinostic
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby b_ren » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Nice Post R3N that first video is outstanding. That tree looked like that "spider" tree you see on Shenmue II. Get goosebumps watching stuff like that:)
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby CHANCE-PHOENIX » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:48 pm

HappyKillmore wrote:^I agree, i'd love to be able to afford a trip like that. Was that the actual Man Mo Temple?
Welcome to the dojo 8)

Sorry for the late response , but yes that was the Man Mo Temple ..

pics were taken back in 2002 ..

* Time flies :sad: *
CHANCE-PHOENIX
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Real Shenmue II locations in Hong Kong

Postby Araviel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:04 am

I'm gonna start a blog or electronic field note taking or something, cause reading back in this topic took me back 7 years and that's quite a strange/melancholic feeling indeed... especially now that I know how it all went in the end :lol:
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby R3N » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 am

Last edited by R3N on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

http://www.impactlab.net/2006/02/07/ama ... -of-china/

All the links in this seem to be broken? :-k
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Real Locations

Postby Snake Tortoise » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm

The pictures in this thread are awesome! Good work guys! :P

I intend to spend a week in Hong Kong in January, and I have a question. Will I require a Chinese tourist visa to visit Kowloon? I realise there is only a park there now, but supposedly one of the old city gates is still standing. I'd love to have a look around

Another question- where can I find Zhu Yuanda? I have an introduction letter ;-)
Snake Tortoise
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Res » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Snake Tortoise wrote:The pictures in this thread are awesome! Good work guys! :P

I intend to spend a week in Hong Kong in January, and I have a question. Will I require a Chinese tourist visa to visit Kowloon? I realise there is only a park there now, but supposedly one of the old city gates is still standing. I'd love to have a look around

Another question- where can I find Zhu Yuanda? I have an introduction letter ;-)

Assuming you're American or British, you do not need a visa to travel to Hong Kong, you just need a passport. Kowloon is in Hong Kong. If, however, you choose to travel to China (maybe you want to see Guilin) then you're gonna need a visa.

Btw, many other Shenmue locations are in Hong Kong, including Man Mo Temple, Aberdeen, Wan Chai, etc.
Res
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Snake Tortoise » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Res wrote:
Assuming you're American or British, you do not need a visa to travel to Hong Kong, you just need a passport. Kowloon is in Hong Kong. If, however, you choose to travel to China (maybe you want to see Guilin) then you're gonna need a visa.

Btw, many other Shenmue locations are in Hong Kong, including Man Mo Temple, Aberdeen, Wan Chai, etc.

Yea I'm British, and thanks, I had a feeling Kowloon was alright but it's good to know. I really want to visit Man Mo Temple and I'll probably have a look at Wan Chai/Aberdeen just for the hell of it too. I applied for a visa for China a few days ago to visit Beijing next month, I might backpack around China eventually and if I do Guilin should be worth a look. I've spoken to people who've been there and they say it's amazing :nice!:
Snake Tortoise
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue II