Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor


Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby The Grrreat Chai » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:26 pm

It makes the most sense to get these HD versions out before Shenmue III, but with it being entirely in SEGA's hands I wonder if they think the investment is worth the return.
User avatar
The Grrreat Chai
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: June 2003
Location: England
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Dragon Age II

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby BigTuna » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:31 pm

SEGA would have to be nuts to not negotiate with Yu about this. They saw how quickly the kickstarter was funded, they definitely know the fans want it. An HD remake should absolutely happen before the release of Shenmue III.

BigTuna has received a thanks from: Anthony817
User avatar
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: October 2013
Location: CA
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby joka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working on it...

Yu clearly had discussed with them about Kickstarter and the Shenmue 3 license a while back (think he said in one of his post e3 interviews that he'd discussed and agreed with them last year) so I'd have thought Sega would be rubbing their hands afterwards and lining something up.... Easy money surely?!

We shall see I guess.
Last edited by joka on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: UK
PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Sugoi! :nice!:
User avatar
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: December 2005
Location: Japan 飛天御剣スタイルを実践
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:51 pm

If Yu can't convince Sega to get HD versions made then nobody can. Let's hope that Sega still owes him something.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
User avatar
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: August 2008
Location: Germany
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby Nankeiro » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:36 pm

I hope that there's still people at SEGA that likes and loves great games like Shenmue of course. I wish Mr. Suzuki can convince those people.
User avatar
Nankeiro
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: December 2009
Location: Mexico
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby spinksy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:21 pm

I've lost almost all faith in Sega lately.

Hopefully they'll pay attention and release them though
User avatar
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: May 2013
XBL: spinksy777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby MaxTheRabbit » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:21 pm

mbisonyes.gif

MaxTheRabbit has received a thanks from: Amir
User avatar
MaxTheRabbit
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby Yama » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:52 pm

There's not reason for them not to cash in on the timing, it'll literally never be better. To have the series all in one place would be beyond fantastic. I love playing it on Dreamcast, but even the slightest touch up would go a long way, especially on a game that already seems to age like fine wine.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Anthony817
User avatar
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner
 
Joined: December 2003
Location: Los Angeles
PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Id say there is 90% chance they will be released in 2016. Its the easiest money Sega could make. The other 10% is possible due to stupidity on Segas part. Which could happen.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Anthony817, Yama
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:40 am

16:9 1080p upres and thats all we need.
But if they are smart, they would do more to touch it up.
Sega can't miss this oportunity. Not only do they have the time, but its an easy job. It must happen.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Anthony817
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 pm

I was of the mind that we'd see Shenmue 1/2 re-release, or HD versions, before we ever even heard mention of Shenmue 3, and that the original games would be the barometer as to whether or not a third game would be ever developed.

Hypothetically speaking, I feel as though if the original games were already available on XBL or PSN marketplaces, that the KS campaign would have done much, much better. There are so many people who are intrigued by S3 and the hype, but they know absolutely nothing about it and have no way of experiencing the games (emulating Dreamcast games isn't exactly easy for a lot of people who aren't tech savvy, either).

Wude-Tang Clan has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
User avatar
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby WhiteLikePaste » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Yeah I agree. Now the only hope is that if it's released down the road, it'll help boost sales so we can see Shenmue 4.
User avatar
WhiteLikePaste
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: June 2015
XBL: WhiteLikePaste
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:43 pm

WhiteLikePaste wrote:it'll help boost sales so we can see Shenmue 4.


I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sega gave Yu 100% of $0.00 to make Shenmue 4. And I could understand that. They were generous enough to let him use the license. I think Yu is on his own as far as Sega is concerned.

EDIT
I realize you're talking about the availability of the first two helping Shenmue 4. And that's right. I think my mind made up something else you were talking about.
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Next

Return to News and Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net