"Yu Suzuki Becomes Advisor to Premium Agency"

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: "Yu Suzuki Becomes Advisor to Premium Agency"

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:28 pm

R3N wrote:http://www.linkedin.com/company/premium-agency-inc.
http://www.premiumagency.com/wordpress/?page_id=26&lang=en
You can check those links and read the
Major Business Partner:

* Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
* Bandai Namco Games Inc.
* Square Enix Inc., Koei Co Ltd.
* KOEI Co.,Ltd
* Shogakkan Music and Digital Entertainment Inc.
* Japan Broadcasting Corporation (NHK)
* Toei Animation Inc.
* Takara Tomy Inc.
* Shirogumi Inc.
* Now Productions Inc.
* Gonzo Inc.
* Links Digiworks Inc.
* Madhouse Inc.
* Robot Inc.
* Platinum Games Inc.
* Gung Ho Works Inc.
* Microcabin Inc.
* Polygon Pictures Inc.
* Nippon Engineering College of Hachioji (KATAYANAGI INSTITUTE)
* Vantan Visual Institute
* Creek and River Inc.
* Digitalscape Inc.
* Bone Digital Inc.
segaSAMMY is "Not" in that list.
Which means there is currently no relationship between sammy & premium agency and I doubt there will be one.
Because The founders started that company after they left Sega because Sammy was destroying it during the merge.
Also I doubt sammy will work with a company foundend by members who started a company because they didn't like the way Sammy does things....

If Premium Agency would make a game shenmue related it would be a totally new game made by Yu with a new story and not shenmue. The closest I can hope is that is a new FREE type game...
Sammy will sue them if they start producing shenmue 3....

From what I did understand the task he will do as said in the article:
To Yamaji also said that he hopes Suzuki will be able to use his lengthy game industry experience to help raise Premium Agency's young creators.
So basically he is working temporally not a full time job.
He will train them and help them increase their skills in creating games.
My guess from this is that this is a trade of skills. I am sure Yu will get the support from Premium agency in the future in the social market. He will learn from them how they do social games(Since premium agency does social games too like http://www.premiumagency.com/dragonkingdom/) and he will teach them how to create a great game.Also in the future he may get support when he may need it for another future social title of his own in his new Ys.net.

Thanks for the information R3N.
Seems like Premium Agency wont be able to do anything Sega related anytime soon until they make an announcement that they will have Sega as an additional business partner. Which isnt hard, all they have to do is decide to talk and make an agreement for development of a new title. Whether or not theirs bad blood between the two companies is questionable. I'm sure the two have different priorities but that doesnt necessarily mean they cant work together. Sure they have previous Sega-Am2 employee's and they probably left for good reason, but whats to say they cant still work together? I wouldn't close the book on it just yet.
That and Premium Agency or another Dev/Publisher could pick up the rights to Shenmue. Any of the above listed companies could do that. Anything's possible.
Their could be a deal in the works right now for that to go down. Which would make perfect sense for Suzuki to work part time for Premium Agency.

Wow I wish we had more information to go on. One thing's for sure though, im expecting more to go on with Suzuki at Premium than meets the eye. A major announcement in the future between multiple companies could be brewing. Certainly the Kinect game wouldn't be the only project Suzuki will ever work on again.
The question is where, when and how will Shenmue 3 be developed now?
"I think Sega will let me make it" might be turning into "I think Sega will let me take it" if Sega isnt going to be directly involved.
But again, that remains to be said. We cant get too ahead of ourselves.

All we know is Suzuki is still at Sega and Shenmue is still a Sega I.P. So it can still be made through the traditional means. But now, their might be more options and less road blocks.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Schiff » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:21 am

well, it's a good piece of news after all... I'm very curious about what he's going to do.
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: ylyon
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5FS

Postby alimn » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:33 am

IMPORTANT

Yu Suzuki tweeted he is @ E3.

Time for one of these companies with money to step up and help him finishing his dream project "Shenmue 3"

FACE IT,

SEGA & Microsoft, u BOTH need to step up and finish it now that Yu is @E3 and u all at the same place,
I believe Microsoft is the key, since I see some strange stuff going on...no DC collection vol 1for PS3 or Wii?
no Shenmue HD for PSN, Xbox Live until yet? seems first Xbox has doomed Shenmue since Shenmue 2 Xbox, ...

THERE should be something worth attention and SEGA has already stated someone should step up...

This is BIZ...

@Microsoft

GEARS 3 will be out soon, Halo 4 doesn't make that much sense,....at least to me...and many others.
Time for a REAL KILLER "Shenmue HD+Shenmue 3" U NEED TO GET IT DOWN NOW....before it gets too late!

(Of course, I hope it goes multiplatform and SONY/Nintendo can get it after Microsoft helped it to walk...
but if MS do this, they deserve to have Shenmue 3 as an exclusive for 1 year no more)

Anyway, Yu Suzuki is at E3...SO SOME STUFF ARE GOING ON...we must not know...perhaps :lol:

Best Regards, Ali M. N
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:54 am

Havent seen an alimn post like this in what seems like years. Always optimistic and never gives up hope while it may be mindless/blind hope, I still love you and want to give you my phone number.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: Re: "Yu Suzuki Becomes Advisor to Premium Agency"

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:20 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Havent seen an alimn post like this in what seems like years. Always optimistic and never gives up hope while it may be mindless/blind hope, I still love you and want to give you my phone number.

I second that. Its nice to see good ol alimn back at it. The man has more optimisim than a dump truck filled with rainbows and shrooms.
Its always a good read with alimn. :)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

:lol: You guys don't check the Shenmue forums enough. He is always there.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Previous

Return to News and Updates