'New Rules' discussion thread.

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: My reply to the 'New Rules' discussion thread.

Postby Yama » Mon May 30, 2011 3:45 pm

I have written a new rule set from the ground up. It is based around the communities previous discussion, wants and needs.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43305

Enjoy.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon May 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks for the new Terms of Service. Looking fair I'd say, much better than my poor attempt at rules. ^___^

And love the image, thumbs up!
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Mon May 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Example: Calling someone a four letter word in the form of a direct insult is not allowed. Calling a game such as Superman for N64 a four letter word, it may just be suggested.

:lol:
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon May 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Well for superman for N64 even a conservative minded person like me would call it "reasonable" to someone use "shit" in your honest oppinion... ;)
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Kenny wrote:
Example: Calling someone a four letter word in the form of a direct insult is not allowed. Calling a game such as Superman for N64 a four letter word, it may just be suggested.

I liked that part too. :rotflmao:
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Yama wrote:
Kenny wrote:

I liked that part too. :rotflmao:

I had a 16 letter word for it but I will retrain myself.
250 letter word for David Cage

:theyareontome:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Supa » Mon May 30, 2011 4:23 pm

These sound good, I like.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Mon May 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Best thing about a heated debate is a peaceful resolution.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby LawXiu » Mon May 30, 2011 4:58 pm

I made my thoughts quite clear when the changes happened and nothing's changed with me. Sorry Yama, I know you've worked really hard on transforming the place and it's nice to see updates but I really miss the old dojo.

As for rule changes I don't really care. I've always ignored them in the past and I'll carry on ignoring them. Don't think I've been badly behaved anyway. Don't know what the fuss is about.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon May 30, 2011 6:44 pm

LawXiu wrote:I made my thoughts quite clear when the changes happened and nothing's changed with me. Sorry Yama, I know you've worked really hard on transforming the place and it's nice to see updates but I really miss the old dojo.

As for rule changes I don't really care. I've always ignored them in the past and I'll carry on ignoring them. Don't think I've been badly behaved anyway. Don't know what the fuss is about.

Think that's the gist of what he meant really, it's not gonna become a police state, so guys like you who aren't spiteful will be OK. I "kinda" thought yesterday, before it got outta hand, that was what Kyodai meant, but then it got bad and I wasn't as sure. But Yama put it less confrontationally, so don't think there's much to worry about, a bit less telling "n00bs" to "fuck off" etc. isn't that big a deal. I think myself and a few others felt some opposition 'cos we've been here a while and get used to stuff, so hate change, plus, being British, we swear like ALL the time anyway even when we're being polite (i.e. "Would you PLEASE just fuck off?" etc. ;-)) In a few weeks, it'll all be dandy again I'm betting, AS LONG as over-zealous moderation is kept out of the equation.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Re: 'New Rules' discussion thread.

Postby LawXiu » Tue May 31, 2011 2:32 pm

^ Agree with all of that but from what I've seen of the other threads it wouldn't hurt MK to hand out a few apologies. If he's done that already and I've missed it then hats off to him.

Regarding the TOS it doesn't say anything about racism towards Australians that write in red. Is there any rules against it?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Oppy » Tue May 31, 2011 6:04 pm

^Gonna rape' you mate, then drink a beer and eat your son.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby LawXiu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:30 pm

^ I'm gonna knock your teeth out and make you gobble my cock. Then I'll smear traces of poo on your rizla papers so all your spliffs taste like my back door.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:36 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
LawXiu wrote:I made my thoughts quite clear when the changes happened and nothing's changed with me. Sorry Yama, I know you've worked really hard on transforming the place and it's nice to see updates but I really miss the old dojo.

Think that's the gist of what he meant really, it's not gonna become a police state, so guys like you who aren't spiteful will be OK. I "kinda" thought yesterday, before it got outta hand, that was what Kyodai meant, but then it got bad and I wasn't as sure. But Yama put it less confrontationally, so don't think there's much to worry about, a bit less telling "n00bs" to "fuck off" etc. isn't that big a deal. I think myself and a few others felt some opposition 'cos we've been here a while and get used to stuff, so hate change, plus, being British, we swear like ALL the time anyway even when we're being polite (i.e. "Would you PLEASE just fuck off?" etc. ;-)) In a few weeks, it'll all be dandy again I'm betting, AS LONG as over-zealous moderation is kept out of the equation.

Yeah, I think on the whole the debate was a worth while one. For most of us these new rules won't change anything as its pretty much just about common sense and a healthy level of respect, But unfortunately some people do lack those things.

How's AXM? Because after reading what is written about him in the Dojo wiki I can see why he was annoyed and wanted to delete it. I don't care junk forum or no junk forum, what was written about him was totally ignorant, juvinile and vulgar. Yeah it may only have been meant as a joke but when the person whose expense it's at doesn't find it funny (and I certainly didn't see the humour in it) then its not cool, his feelings should have been respected.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:55 pm

^Have you read the others? The wiki is a satire site. If you take the Wiki serious you either A: an idiot or B: have no sense of humour or C :Serious Cock envy take things to serious and need to get outside more.
Yama laughed about being raped in the ass with a fishing rod. You simply cannot take the Wiki serious. It wasn't ignorance. Except it was true I did drink a bucket of blue paint and I am fixated on OL's cock.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo