Split topic from "Deleted Posts" - banned members.

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: Split topic from "Deleted Posts" - banned members.

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 am

Mue, i know what a democracy is. I have a Bsc. Hons Politics alright. I dont need a definition from you. By doing that you are just condescending, thus why i say to post with a "benevolent" attitude. This place is democratic, and has been demonstrated by the events since Sunday, namely the addressing of deleted post and the subsequent apologies and lessons that will be learned from that. Also achieved was the reinteoduction of the warning system as a response to "bad moderation". Bluecast can be warned and banned if it comes to it. Those were issues you were part of raising and results were achieved, for the better.

But thats not good enough for you now. You want a vote to completely overhaul the staffing system, and i dont know if this will save you time and energy or not, but its not going to happen. I dont know if you think you are leading some sort of overhaul revolution, but its not going to happen, simply because there is no need to. Dont think you are aware of times when this place was really bad in how it was ran, but if you did, you would realise how amazing this place has been ever since Yama took it over.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 am

If you really feel the running of this place is fine then there is no reason not to have a vote. The reason the topic from the other day was locked and this is in junk is because some are clinging to their position a little to much.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 am

Again, as i have said before, this is Yamas site. Its up to him. Maybe there will be who knows. But its clear theres unrest, and the current staff at the minute can do nothing to resolve it.

I said a few posts back Yama has been notified, so i am washing my hands of this simply because i have nothing more to say. Thats not to say i am agreeing, or disagreeing with you guys, or ignoring you for that matter. Its quite clear you have your greviences, and that theres nothing we can say or negotiate that will provide satisfactory results. We shall just wait together to see who makes things progress and how.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sailors? » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 am

Think it's about time he popped in, I know he's busy. But this won't resolve otherwise.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 am

Guys, the point is to pick and choose your battles. Peter, Ryudo, and OL don't have the ability or the authority to get these things changed. Yama and (I think) Mr. Rod do. Maybe Master Kyodai too.

Point is though, none of them are around, and things will just have to stay like this (meaning the active mods doing the best they can with the limited abilities they have) until one of them returns and takes notice. And I said Mr. Rod may have the ability to do it, but he isn't in a hierarchial (right word?) position to do so.

We can all petition for change, but if the guys we complain too can only do so much (which they have, so let's show credit where it's due), then it's like repeatedly bangin your head against a brick wall (been usin that sayin a lot on here recently coz there's a lot of it goin on)

You all need to take a step back for a second, have a chill, think about all this logically, and accept the fact that until the guy who runs the show opens his proverbial mouth, nothing can be done. It's not a case of the staff not listening, it's blatant they have done. Something as big as a community vote for a complete re-shuffle in the staff will take time to be considered, and if accepted it then needs to be organised, and then potential candidates will need to be reviewed. It's not a simple, straight-forward process if all these requests are to be granted.

So let's all just accept the fact that we've got a result recently, and agree to revisit this topic in about 6-8 weeks time. It should give the current staff long enough to look into all this (if one of you would do me the favour of creating a topic in the staff forum), discuss it, and come to a conclusion. If there's no reply after 10 weeks, Mue I'd fully encourage you to begin a new topic about it and I'll back you up 100%, as will the majority of the community. Until then though, let's just sit tight, because this is a slightly more delicate process than re-introducing the warning system.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:56 am

You know I did a lot of work last night and no one has mentioned it in this topic which just proves despite when I do a lot of work for this place people still just want to complain. Also Me and Yama back on may 30th had a long talk through PM's and MSN about the complaints he was getting. That's why I stepped down as a fullt time admin. I also took a few days off by being a regular member. I made a mistake the other night and fixed that mistake. As for banning s and such that mistake is also now fixed. We have a structure now. The randomness should be gone. Staff will talk things over. It won't be banning or warnings willy nilly if you read the new warning system topic.
I cleaned up the forums last night with less stickies and a solutions to still have them with the subscribe feature. (mainly because a few raised there voice about too many Sticky topics) A few raised there voice about Square topics being too big and Square RPG's should have it's own topic. So I made it so. What I'm trying to say the concerns were heard and I made solutions.

Staff now have a structure to follow. The problem before is we had none and everyone (mainly me) kinda did there own thing and you were not happy with that. With structure and staff discussion it becomes a democracy with a structure. This should solve most of these problems. This place has had free rain far too long and I got caught up with it all this time. Now that we have a system in place my free rain is over. So while we have a TOS for members Staff have two TOS to worry about. So now we have to follow our own as well.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 am

One quick note. Any "rivalry" I have had with anyone (Namely Riku) is over at this point. This is a clean slate. Everything is revamped. I hope this shows good faith that the voices were heard and solutions made. As been said give this new look for the staff some time. I do believe with two new systems in place we should be fine. If let's say in a few months none of it has been working then maybe it is time. Until then let's try the new systems out.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 pm

That's fair enough, and if you did really read my posts and take some something from them, then I appreciate that you did. But you should have just talked to me like that in first place and addressed my posts. Instead all you said was "tl:dr" and neither you nor Peter decided to move this thread out of junk nor could you justify why it was in junk, I understand you guys can't everything but you could have done that. That is why I felt like everything you were saying was just lip-service.

But if you have really thought about and taken on board what people (not just me) have expressed in this thread, than that is good.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:03 pm

^ Btw I removed your warning last night from december
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:07 pm

I didn't even know I had a warning, but thanks anyway.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Sorry. At that time I was just frustrated and Just wanted everyone to shut up. However I think these last two days nothing but fairness has been shown and a lot has been accomplished. The staff have some guidelines now when before we didn't. it will be a ask questions first type of deal before feeling the need to pull the trigger. Deleting is out. While we will have a warning system as I said they won't just be handed out because you said cunt to Blue and that Xenovblade can eat shit or something and tell me to eat shit. Just going to an silly example. We will talk with members first. Everyone is human we have bad days and sometimes emotions run high. So one indecent if it can be solved first won't get a warning. Just friendly calm down buddy type of thing. What we used to do at HD.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby LawXiu » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Sailors? wrote:Think it's about time he popped in, I know he's busy. But this won't resolve otherwise.

I agree but he's always too busy.

This place hasn't been the same since ownership changed. I know Yama has done a lot for this place (new skin) but it just seems like all the staff are constantly stressed. Right now this topic seems to be members ganging up on two mods and the others are no where to be seen. I do think good members have been banned but I think it's only due to Blue being stressed. He doesn't even get payed to do it and he's ill. Yama dumps way to much on him.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:41 pm

I just want to set a formal apology to everyone. For no good reason other than our own stupidity the staff has never had any guidelines or a system to follow. We are setting some now as you see and if we can stick to these guidelines it helps us help you.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby LawXiu » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:48 pm

So when was peter made a mod?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:49 pm

LawXiu wrote:So when was peter made a mod?

Sometime last year I think
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo