crazy idea and may not go anywhere.

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

crazy idea and may not go anywhere.

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Our forum is unique to most. This forum is a very niche to a dead series yet many still sign up.
We have vets who long stopped talking Shenmue yet still hang around. We have helped each other when in need. This is a true community. We have many members some who people have forgotten that made this place what it is today.

As odd as it sounds if we had banners of honor like a Kanji scroll page somewhere. Now for people to get into this they must fit certain criteria and no popularity isn't it. For example. A person who helped Lan DC with some trick and tools to his mods. yet he never took the credit. He designed multiple Shenmue forums and sites including the Dojo before Yama took over. He newer and last work was that of the Hazuki Dojo. The man was critical in making the community what it is today. Bysby. He would be a candidate. Hell even the people in White. Yet there is many names not in white that deserve to be. But we can't go putting hundreds of names in white. We have some who were part that are active now. Some may never post again.

So A banner of honor or has the heat got to my head?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: crazy idea and may not go anywhere.

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Who would decide the candidates though? Also, since the criteria to make a list would be that distinct, who would decide these conditions, and what would they have to be?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Nothing is fleshed out. The idea came and not but 1 min later made the topic.

One thing for sure is people should not be put in based soley on popularity. More like this place needed this group to be around. Whether it was technical reasons and gave the place the energy it has. As for who votes....not sure
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiBa » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 pm

A Dojo Ehrentempel, if you will. Yes. I concur.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 pm

It's always a great idea to honor and represent the people who made a place thrive and live. I see no reason not to.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:00 am

I aprove, the thanks list really doesn't do justice to many of the members that contributed to the community over the years

Also we could maybe have a link to their work so that members and lurkers can go through it looking at all the past work, contributions etc like a museum in sorts i guess
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 am

As long as its properly dedicated to true forefathers of the entire online Shenmue Community, and not just because someone has over 5000 posts, or as already said, is "popular". If it becomes that, it begins to discredit the names originally added to the piece. The importance and integrity of whatever this may be needs to be preserved, and also with that in mind, perhaps it could be more than just a list of names. Perhaps have a paragraph or two on the person, and also what they have done for the community. Perhaps even a picture maybe? :-k
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 am

^ like a flash expo type of thing? click on the name/photo and see a biography along with their work appear?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby KiBa » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Oui! Oui!
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 am

Some that might make it never posted a picture. I think a cool thing is to have a small Kanji scroll with a kanji that says Honor on it and below on the scroll in English the persons name(since some names just would not translate and not everyone can read kanji..I can't). Maybe a sentence explaining the contribution.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 am

Bluecast, this I believe, is a great idea. There are very good reasons why this should exist.

I absolutely vote Bysby to be on the list. I didn't get to speak to him much but the couple of times I did, he was just a very great, honest, and smart person. He was very dedicated to the Shenmue series and will always be a part of the community.

Bluecast wrote:So A banner of honor or has the heat got to my head?

No your good. I think this idea is great.

This idea relates to the game too.

I do have a suggestion however. If this were to be its own webpage, say on like the main site, I think a fabricated "Shenmue Family Crest" that would represent the community would be cool and include a list of names under it.

The crest's design would have to be unique and I believe Yama would be a great candidate to design one as he is a very talented artist.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Return to Shenmue Dojo