Shenmue Dojo and Social Networks

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Shenmue Dojo and Social Networks

Postby shenhaZ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:36 pm

What's your preferable way to communicate with shenmue fans?
Are you an old or new dojo user from social networks generation?

What's your favorite shenmue related groups and accounts? I prefer to read only shenmue 500k facebook group, but a lot of his content is from here.

How do you think shenmue dojo will continue to live after shenmue 3 release compare to social networks groups?
Maybe will see dojo group chat in telegram/viber/slack someday?
Last edited by shenhaZ on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Re: Shenmue Dojo vs. Social Networks

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:49 am

I think it's fantastic that Shenmue has gone from one or two small online forums to span out across social media the way it has. I certainly don't see it as a "vs" or that any medium is better than the other. There are great fans across the world who have their own personal preferences as to how and where they get their Shenmue related news from, and converse with others. I like to think of us all as a collective team, which stand as equal pillars that now form one huge online Shenmue Community.

The Dojo will continue to live on well after Shenmue 3, regardless of what comes after. It remained in place for 14 years without major Shenmue news so I don't see how here, or any of the other Shenmue fan outlets will be at risk in the wake of others.

I'm not sure what you are implying exactly, but I can only read your post and feel that you think it is a competition, or one outlet is bigger than the other, which in fact makes me extremely sad. I've seen some attitudes across all outlets which also imply this, and I feel that's very wrong, and damaging to what we are supposed to represent, considering we are all looking to achieve the same goals. I read all outlets, and there's always room for more so long as the fans want it. But as with all public forums, there are things I like about some places, and also things i don't like, so I will just contribute when I feel I want to, regardless of where the platform is across the net.

Peter has received 6 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, lDarkWarriorl, nskachu, shenhaZ, Sonne2, Sonoshee
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Shenmue Dojo vs. Social Networks

Postby shenhaZ » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:17 pm

Peter wrote: I certainly don't see it as a "vs" or that any medium is better than the other.

You are right, I changed the subject, but I really want to talk about dojo future and his relationships with other groups.
Maybe somewhere exist a list with all names, but I don't know where.
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Re: Shenmue Dojo and Social Networks

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Relationships are excellent, at least as far as I am aware. In fact, an example of this is literally hours away, where we combine ideas, work together, and deliver to the rest of the community. ;-)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ys » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:01 pm

shenhaZ wrote: What's your preferable way to communicate with shenmue fans?

What's your favorite shenmue related groups and accounts? I prefer to read only shenmue 500k facebook group, but a lot of his content is from here.

How do you think shenmue dojo will continue to live after shenmue 3 release compare to social networks groups?

Actually, according to definitions, forums (and blogs...) are also seen as different forms of social media. They bring people together, and you can react to what others post. It's just that they existed before marketing people decided to create the term "social media" ;)
The way I see it, forums and sites like Facebook have slightly different functions. Facebook, Twitter, etc. can be helpful to attract new fans. They might see something get shared and get curious. But more serious, longer discussions are easier on a forum. And forums make it easier to find previous discussions too. So those new people who are really interested could then join here for example.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yama » Tue May 17, 2016 4:41 am

ys wrote:
shenhaZ wrote: What's your preferable way to communicate with shenmue fans?

Actually, according to definitions, forums (and blogs...) are also seen as different forms of social media. They bring people together, and you can react to what others post. It's just that they existed before marketing people decided to create the term "social media" ;)
The way I see it, forums and sites like Facebook have slightly different functions. Facebook, Twitter, etc. can be helpful to attract new fans. They might see something get shared and get curious. But more serious, longer discussions are easier on a forum. And forums make it easier to find previous discussions too. So those new people who are really interested could then join here for example.

Yeah, exactly. This is social media and has been since the early 2000's, long before the term took off. :lol:

As for the comparisons, there are none. We all work together.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Shenmue Dojo