The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

Postby Coromasta » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Good times ahead for shenmue and the dojo! Good luck Peter and the mods!
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby alexironaek » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:26 pm

good times ahead indeed!!! Congratulation again Peter :rockit:
alexironaek

Postby Birty » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Congratulations Peter, the best man for the job!!! :D
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby RoShen231 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Congratulations Peter! All the best!
RoShen231
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: RoShen321
Steam: roshen321
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2

Postby Nankeiro » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:39 pm

I think we all hope to have this site up and running for several years... Even when the saga ends, this site represents the whole idea of the Shenmue history. Its contributors are passionate people, and it's more than obvious to spread this fantastic story and its concept of art and games, are the goal.

Thank you very much for sharing this great site with all of us! And Congrats!
Nankeiro

Postby jcjimher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:48 pm

I'm mostly a lurker and occasional poster here, but I've read your post inits entirety and want to congratulate you and wish you the best in this new era for Shenmue Dojo.
jcjimher
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Wants to return the board back to its "former glory", doesn't want posters trolling or at each other's throats.

;-) :P :D
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:05 am

Best of luck Pete - looking forward to hopefully reliving the buzz and glory days here again once S3 is out :)
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby KiBa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:01 am

Congratulations, Peter! And to all the other worthy new staffers. I wish you all the very best during all the years of light to come. I finished 2 cups of coffee and ate all my beans while reading that epic, so now I'm off to confirm Tarō Gomi's Law.

Goddammit, Zim, cooperate. It's not better to rule in hell.

KiBa has received a thanks from: James Brown
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Interesting stuff. The only thing I say is that I hope for the best possible future for the dojo and for the Shenmue community. (Though, I can't help to feel a bit of skepticism, not in the new owner or team but if when moving to newer forum software it means leaving behind everything that has come before (posts, rep, etc.) I've witnessed several similar scenarios during my 20+ years of using the internet (started circa 1997 with AOL on MS DOS) and each time a BB/Forum changed and removed its legacy it quickly perished.

Also, there was a time where I was put on the News Poster role but every single time I thought something was worth posting it was already posted and I was unsure whether other smaller things were significant enough to post, so in the end I never posted a thing. :rotflmao:
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Some changes I see. I mostly hang out in other subforums so I missed this thread apparently.

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Wants to return the board back to its "former glory", doesn't want posters trolling or at each other's throats. ;-) :P :D

Hehe, some of the periods with intense Shenmue discussions certainly had a lot of other intense conversational activity too ;)

ShenmueTree wrote:I can't help to feel a bit of skepticism ... if when moving to newer forum software it means leaving behind everything that has come before (posts, rep, etc.) I've witnessed several similar scenarios during my 20+ years of using the internet (started circa 1997 with AOL on MS DOS) and each time a BB/Forum changed and removed its legacy it quickly perished.

I have also noticed this on a few forums (got online around the same time, about two years earlier) so let's hope that they can preserve the legacy. Especially for a site that has represented the series from the very start.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Quick update in here for now, and Mattis (TheTimeRanger) now joins Mr.Rod as part of the Designer/Coder group so he will have full permissions across the site, and is part of the team.

Its been 2 months now of sleepless nights, countless design ideas and full site restructuring.... but we are almost there! If we thought we were working hard before, then now is a big step up. Everyday of the week is now dedicated to working on the new site. Id say we are about 70% complete, with quite a few more things to do, but we are getting there. Its crunch time folks, so go visit the current site because its weeks away from going. Whilst its not completely 100% official yet, we are shooting for a release on July 20th. This could change slightly, but we want the new site up and functional by the end of the month, for stress tests and functionality before Gamescom rolls around. The site and forums will be offline for 3 days, but our social media outlets will still be open, as well as being welcome to visit other community sites such as Shenmue Master, 500K, Team Yu, Shenmue Forever, Phantom Riverstone and others that are out there.

I will try and keep you updated as much as possible as we push towards the end. Now, wheres the coffee....

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Spaghetti has received 6 thanks from: Bambi, James Brown, Kiske, Mr.Jigen, TheTimeRanger, Yama
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr.Jigen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:43 pm

Even though I am still a new member, I am excited to see this new era unfold.
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Onettown
Nintendo FC: Joeython
Steam: ThatOneGuyWhoPlaysGa
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:38 pm

In the interests of being clear and open, Spaghetti has stepped down as a global moderator, and seemingly left the Dojo and community. If I had more information I would give it to you, but I got sent a short message on Friday and haven't received any response to the PMs I've sent. Either way, i wish him all the best with whatever he does.

Also, we are still aiming for the 20th July for the new site, but there is now a chance this could be delayed. There are certain aspects which are still being developed, and new ideas put on the table which will be discussed tomorrow. If we are ready for the 20th then it will be tight, but I will keep you all informed as the week goes on.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: SheepheadCG, spud1897, TheTimeRanger
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo