Shenmue 3 Menu, Online Store and other ideas.. Come chat :)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue 3 Menu, Online Store and other ideas.. Come chat :)

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am

So, I am new here and if you don't know (huge game nut, nintendo, sega, sony etc.. ) :)

I had a few basic ideas that I hope we can combine into the hundreds of other great ideas...

I'm sorry this is a bit of a mess and kind of in and out of order but please let me know which of these ideas you like best and what you think could work best for the current Shenmue 3 and future of the product.

First of all, I hope we can push for the simple idea of having...

Menu system

Select a chapter - for those times when you just want to continue the story at a specific aspect, I also hope the save system is very usert friendly with this system ( keeping total progress for re starts) just certain stats, depends on the rpg elements of the game honestly

Music player - who can keep a straight face and say they don't love this music, I hope all of the music can be included and with some sort of select a scene (along with weather and time of day to either walk around or just see the camera pan)

Character 3d viewer- Included as you find and discover new chracters (some hidden of course!)

Toy collector and toy MACHINE collector viewer - that's right, not only does the game have toys you can collect and view in the menu but machines as well (with shenmue, sega, sony art) also more in the store (more on that later)

Now, maybe this is where you guys can help me (give me more ideas and things we can submit to the team for this idea) would we like a room to place our machines and toys around? What about Ryo's home for us to walk around, sort of like a home world base. (since it's just using the standard shenmue gameplay controls and mechanics please don't think of this as a sony home clone at all) I also think ...

It's very important to consider that this mode should have two options, a typical menu driven view and a ryo's home view. So you can place all your toys, and have shelves to place all your cool game ssytms, toys etc (possibly in ryo's fathers fightin dojo.

Of course as the team fleshes out the game more, they will know what they can add to the menu and game but who wouldn't want to see ryo's home in the new engine???? =D> It doesn't have to make sense or be part of the story, it's just for putting things you get out of your play throughs and gaming world. I'd love that lol Would honestly make me replay it if money and toys were a bit rare. So yes, we need ..

Rare toys and more collectibles beyond what we have typically seen. What do you guys think?

Specially made shenmue coke cans? How about, they also try to advertise the game in such a way to have special art on coke cans in real life and the same ones in the game. These can be considered harder to find and give you even more reason to buy your drinks in game.

I hope this new game will have some sort of better way to level up ryo and have even more reasons to replay the game as well.

I honestly think an online shenmue world woul be the best idea they can add for one of the online components of the game. Hear me out a bit (mostly for dlc and additional game options for community play and funding)

I don't mean "playstation home" I mean the ability to act like a sega store to buy arcade games, digital titles at extra costs that not only can you select from you ps4 menu, but also gives you access to these games in the world of shenmue 3 as you enter your rooms, stores whatever.

I'd like to think of it as one of the stretch goals to have the full sega arcade experience in the game (as well as their sega genesis, saturn and dreamcast games they currently have on psn) I'd just like those games, some of sega's more popular arcade titles, and a few more saturn, dreamcast games to make the jump to this sega, shenmue hub.

Since this is one of the few sega games actually reaching some popularity with fans that dont mind to spend money. it only makes sense to create some sort of shenmue sega store platform where they can continue to gain funds for the next shenmue. Atleast, it makes the most sense to me.

Then they can expand this store with more toys,coke can art cans, clothes whatever. As long as it's priced reasoanbly and it helps for future funding of shenmue, I don't mind this push for dlc at all. I think you guys can sort of understand my jumbled mess of talking, but getting content out of the game, getting sega content and getting money sunk into something we care about while getting cool game stuff makes sense to me.

As long as they leverage it right (1.99) clothes packs, 3.99 genesis gmes, 1.99 10 toy packs for the in game toys. Then, they can create 100 toys, or 200. Many things can be created post release for this game (fighting, stages) 2 player and online (would make a great post launch buy) and since it's already a core part of the game it woldn't be that hard to design or take stages out of the main game and have them souped up a bit for the fighting arena that could be included in the main game. but expanded upon in the dlc packs like killer instinct (characters etc)

Then they could even bring over a few sony ips as toys etc (sort of like what lbp did) but have it fit the shenmue world where it makes sense (toys, fighting characters) without it goin too far to be "reasoanble"

Also, including the ability to play ps1 games and ps1 systems would be another huge plus for this world and it could launch near a time when sony wants to release ps1 titles just like they are on ps3. You don't have to buy them through the store, but playing them in the shenmue world is a plus.

So, these are my basic ideas to keep the shenmue world going. I think it's the most reasonable and effective way as long as we can get this first funding out of the way. I care about how the game is and how it evolves so this is why I hope these ideas do happen.

Beyond the fighting system though, I'd also love some sort of arcade mode for the fork lifts. Faster and more durable fork lift racing with some sort of easy to create fork lift track system. I'd imagine a warehouse, with ramps, truck trailers and a parking lot in which we can use a simple system to make race tracks. As long as the system is simple enough, with enough parts to include inclines, turns, obstacles (as long as a detailed warehouse, offices, work areas, lare parking lots) then this too could be an amazing dlc racing pack for the shenmue world. Honestly, only needs good racing mechanics to be good and well, it isn't like yu can't do that? right

I'd buy all this stuff, and probably enjoy it very very well, and I hardly buy any DLC. I strongly believe shenmue fans would also be willingly to do what I would.. as it always seems to go in my game collecting life lol

I know a lot of this adds money, time and resources to the project but I think a lot of it is already going to be a big part of the game and that is why I have chosen the ideas that I have for this post. I hope you guys appreciate some of my ideas and if anyone had anything similar.. I feel happy to hear. Hope you guys can really pick out what you enjoy and I hope we can create some sort of more definite list of things we hope can become a part of the game and simple things to be included "character viewer" for example and create some kind of video and examples to further explain our ideas.

So, let's hear other ideas for gameplay, money stimulating programs to make sure we get the shenmue 3 to get shenmue 4 as well. Love these games :)

*edit new idea 6/24 replaying shenmue 1 in the new engine - introducting ryo and lan di with their new character models in a dream or flashback sequence at the start of shenmue 3

So... Had a new idea for the next part of my list...

Since the game will be going over 15 years and even longer since the original was released... I thought it would be nice to just replay the first 2 parts in the original game with the updated engine... so, how could this be accomplished.. well

A dream sequence that simply let's you replay ryo's home and boat landing from the first two games. If there were any other parts that were important enough, those could be added as tiers to the stretch goals of course.

I think the house scene would be the most obvious and could be re played in a dream flash back sequence either at the start of shenmue 3 or in some part of it. I figure Ryo could wake up after you finish playing the tutorial or dream levels and boy wold the fans of the first two games feel amazed to play those areas in the new game engine and to see the characters in the new engine as well (father, lan di) I mean, that only makes sense to me. To see the new models and to see the start of the story in the new engine and character models. IMO it's the only way to introduce us to them. The new character models for the characters we already know so well.

This is probably one of the things I care about most , just because I have such fond memories of Ryo's home. Hope we can make it happen. :)

Update 6/25

Old footage, interviews, kickstater dinners etc released via dlc - $24.99

Loved the saturn footage at the end of sh2.

Would like to see if there is more saturn/dreamcast footage of sh 1 2 and 3. i would gladly pay 19.99 for some dlc footage, interviews. Give me moe in depth behind the scenes footage of SH3 that is created through the development of sh3.

1. more footage of sh 1/2/3 on saturn dreamcas
2. interviews from various staff about the past, current and future of sh, sega and the industry
3. footage of the process and creation of sh 3

4. kickstarter dinner videos
4. In depth video of all the kick starter prize packs (for those of us who may never see them)
5. In depth look at the assets and creation of shenmue (sculpts etc)

hours of content. count me in, i loved the old footage. Just wish there was more to the video

Plus, like always it goes toward funding of SH4.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Re: Shenmue 3 Menu, Online Store and other ideas.. Come chat

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:19 am

No offense but at the moment, I think we should focus all our energy to find ways of reaching the 10 millions goal and have the best Shenmue III as possible. And it seems that you have a lot of energy :-o
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:42 am

Yeah, I honestly believe it will hit 8 million no matter what. Just my gut feeling and that is usually spot on. I'm not totall worried about the funding Yu will get for SH3. I am confident in that. I think people are a bit too worried about these slow days is all. So, I am more in line of thinking what can actually be in the game lol :)
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:07 am

So... Had a new idea for the next part of my list...

Since the game will be going over 15 years and even longer since the original was released... I thought it would be nice to just replay the first 2 parts in the original game with the updated engine... so, how could this be accomplished.. well

A dream sequence that simply let's you replay ryo's home and boat landing from the first two games. If there were any other parts that were important enough, those could be added as tiers to the stretch goals of course.

I think the house scene would be the most obvious and could be re played in a dream flash back sequence either at the start of shenmue 3 or in some part of it. I figure Ryo could wake up after you finish playing the tutorial or dream levels and boy wold the fans of the first two games feel amazed to play those areas in the new game engine and to see the characters in the new engine as well (father, lan di) I mean, that only makes sense to me. To see the new models and to see the start of the story in the new engine and character models. IMO it's the only way to introduce us to them. The new character models for the characters we already know so well.

This is probably one of the things I care about most , just because I have such fond memories of Ryo's home. Hope we can make it happen. :)
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Alright guys, added a new update. Videos - interviews, game development etc

Would really like a few of you to give me some input to what I have added to the wish list :)
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III