Stretch goals distribution

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Stretch goals distribution

Postby Snakiest » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:32 am

I wonder if I am the only one who finds the way stretch goals are distributed is not optimal?

I mean, Yu-san decided that mini-games precede free battles in importance, but I totally disagree. I think we should have some kind of poll where they ask us what we really think is important. Personally, I think free battles, training and stuff are paramount, they are the core of a decent Shenmue. Surely, many will disagree and say that mini-games are part of what makes Shenmue special. I agree, but since we are on a budget, it is a question of priority. I don't know if we get to 6 mln or not, but I would gladly swap the mini games for whatever the expanded free battle system means. Oh, and fully voiced characters, both main and npc.

What do you think? Should YSteam have a poll like this later during development to give fans a choice of what they really want?
Snakiest
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Stretch goals distribution

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:44 am

Snakiest wrote: I wonder if I am the only one who finds the way stretch goals are distributed is not optimal?

I mean, Yu-san decided that mini-games precede free battles in importance, but I totally disagree. I think we should have some kind of poll where they ask us what we really think is important. Personally, I think free battles, training and stuff are paramount, they are the core of a decent Shenmue. Surely, many will disagree and say that mini-games are part of what makes Shenmue special. I agree, but since we are on a budget, it is a question of priority. I don't know if we get to 6 mln or not, but I would gladly swap the mini games for whatever the expanded free battle system means. Oh, and fully voiced characters, both main and npc.

What do you think? Should YSteam have a poll like this later during development to give fans a choice of what they really want?

Of course not, but it isn't so clear as it's barely in development.

Feel there is an issue with rewards and pricing between many of them as well. Should have never been a 30 dollars physical, only 50 Digial and 70 Physical
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:23 am

from the answers he was giving in the Q&A, we can probably expect comparable fighting mechanics to Shenmue 2 without reaching the actual combat stretch goals, since he said if we do hit them the fighting will be better than Shenmue 2's, so really this seems logical to me.

I also get the impression baisha is going to be the bigger more complex area, so it makes sense you would want to fill the larger area with more things to do before you concentrate on the smaller (perhaps less important) locales.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:06 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:I also get the impression baisha is going to be the bigger more complex area, so it makes sense you would want to fill the larger area with more things to do before you concentrate on the smaller (perhaps less important) locales.

I'd have thought Bailu village would have been the most important location, after all this is supposedly where we'll finally come across Lan Di again and the descendents of the mirrors. But maybe you are right; maybe Yu intends to make Bailu smaller and a lot more personal/story orientated than Baisha or Choubu.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenRy092 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm not great at math but doesn't the chart that Mr. Suzuki presented say that 10 percent of the total funding goes to the KS company?

That mean that at current 4.22 mil total funding.... 10 percent of that would be 422 thousand and it goes to the KS company then that mean that the current total funding is only actually 3.8 million?

So the Baishai village stretch hasn't been reached yet?
ShenRy092
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:51 pm

its a shame such compromises have to made, but its understandable given the budget restraints. i really hope we can at least make the $6 million stretch goal which will give us the advanced free battle system. it would be nice if sega allowed Suzuki to use the character motion data from virtua fighter 5. That could really save time and money, but even if sega did allow it i don't whether it would be technically possible to incorporate it into unreal 4.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragon St. » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Perhaps the reason for putting 'small' stretch goals as mini-games and subtitles first is that a bigger portion of the money is actually going to general development of the game? I mean 500k for some extra mini-games alone? I doubt it. Also, the translation for the subtitles should be done by the fans. I'm sure there are more then enough willing to help out on this for free, so more can go to improvement of the game.
Dragon St.

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue III