Paypal campaign rewards: any suggestions?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Paypal campaign rewards: any suggestions?

Postby Nicolaoua » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Some of us were a bit puzzled by some of the Kickstarter rewards and i thought that we could make a few suggestions for the PayPal campaign.
So, what kind of rewards would you like to see during this campaign? What may help you to open your wallet again?

Here is my suggestion: posters of Shenmue characters by Yu Suzuki or by the charater designer.
Nicolaoua
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Plants vs Zombies

Re: Paypal campaign rewards: any suggestions?

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Nicolaoua wrote:What may help you to open your wallet again?

Nothing reward-wise tbh. I'd rather my money went straight into development.

It hasn't been confirmed that there will be any rewards at this point, but if there was I wouldn't be surprised if the Paypal rewards were just the same as the KS one's. Replica Mirrors would be nice though!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:09 pm

I think they should try to sell off whatever limited tiers they have left, sell a limited number of the formerly unlimited tiers (maybe discount some of the sillier rewards...lucky hit board, fishing rod) so things don't spin out of control, and then offer some odds and ends to keep people interested as the project rolls along.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby danny » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Last edited by danny on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
danny
Master of the Three Blades

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Whatever it is I hope it's distinguished from the Kickstarter-exclusive stuff. Sorry for you slackerbackers out there, but Kickstarter was THE gig for Shenmue III where everybody dived in financially and emotionally in that month window. We'd feel very shortchanged if the Kickstarter-branded stuff was just resold.

That's not to say all the awards couldn't be sold. By this I mean things like the specific stuff, like the backer-exclusive case. That's gotta be a one-time thing.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not sure of people's opinions on this, but that original Ryo Jacket that wasn't sold? Imo should be raffled off for that guy's school in Guilin.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby phinal » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:48 pm

The rewards were not worth their asking price but I never seemed to care about them. Just wanted to contribute towards the development of Shenmue 3.
phinal

Steam: Tachyon

Postby EverybodyLovesRen » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:08 pm

I'd contribute via PayPal without any reward :)
EverybodyLovesRen

Postby Sh3ppy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:36 pm

phinal wrote: The rewards were not worth their asking price but I never seemed to care about them. Just wanted to contribute towards the development of Shenmue 3.

Have to disagree with the above as the principal aim was to raise as much as possible for the development. It was never about the rewards' value.
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: rambleon11

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:50 pm

Being unable to pledge the amount of money I expected (and I'm utterly disgusted), I cross my fingers to see the same rewards but I would perfectly understand if this is not the case.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Telekill » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Sorry to say that $100 on the kickstarter campaign was my max for shelling out on a game that i don't get to play for another 2-3 years. I have quite a few responsibilities for my money to go elsewhere and I feel lucky enough to have been able to pledge the $100 that I did.

Shenmue 3 was my first and probably last thing that I will crowdfund. I only had a positive experience through the whole kickstarter, but it's not something that I would do often. Shenmue was a special case and I highly doubt that there is anything that I would bother to put my money on the line with until the object or software was completed.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby dhscsa » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:11 pm

I agree about not offering KS exclusive rewards, like the game case or even the signed edition. If they offer names in the credits that's fine, just list them as backers and not KS backers, make a distinction in the credits. Also don't offer anything where you can be in the actual game, whether on posters, npc's, or guestbook. Those need to only be available for those who backed through KS.

What I would like to see offered is the same tiers without those exclusives. I would also like them to add add-on options. Like instead of just the tiers, you can buy posters, key chains, and other Shenmue 3 goods (of course the cost should be at a premium in order to provide manufacturing and shipping costs as well as provide enough for game development).
dhscsa
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby zema » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:35 am

In my opinion they should use the same rewards as the kickstarter, it is more cost effective.
I understand the point of view of the guys that would prefer new rewards, but in the end it is all about earning more money.
zema
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: zema7777
Nintendo FC: zema7777
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:58 am

i wrote the following a few weeks ago. maybe they could combine this with some of the the higher tier rewards from kickstarter that are still remaining.
idea rewards;
maybe if Suzuki could provide a modest reward for donating like a badge or sticker i think people would be more willing to accept the $30 suggestion.
30 dollars could be the minimum to get a sticker which would be the 'bronze level' as it were, but higher donations will be rewarded with a silver or gold sticker. (they could use the bronze, silver and gold medal designs from shenmue 2)

they could provide a different badge or sticker depending on the amount you donate, the design of which would change each month. this would create a incentive for people to donate each month so as to complete their sticker/badge collection.

the designs could be character art, or fan art, with annotations like "You have Ryo's thanks" or something like that.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Nicolaoua
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby alexironaek » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:46 am

Yeah , i understand why lots of us does not want the rewards to be the same. but i do! in fact i am going to be disappointed if they are not the same ones , there are a lot of us that could not pledge for various reasons or even got our cards rejected so we had every intention to pledge but couldn't...its unfair to give us lesser rewards.
alexironaek

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:01 am

maybe they could keep all the kickstarter rewards the same ( apart from backer exclusive items) and then use my suggestion for all donations below $30 (see above). for donating they could issue you a digital version of a badge/medal/character art with your name on it, and if you consistently pledge a certain amount every month for a year (or 2), you get issued a real badge/medal which is either gold/silver or bronze depending on the amount - or some other optional reward.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III