Is Shenmue III going to exist yes or no?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby layolas » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:49 am

I just hope they finish the series provided its sometime in this decade.
i say we give sega time to make shenmue 3 the brilliant game it is meant to be.
Remember patience is a virtue 8)
layolas
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby - Guizhang Chen - » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:06 am

yes it is
- Guizhang Chen -
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amin » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:06 am

It will exist in my mind ;) , does that count.
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Silas » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:41 am

The_Intruder wrote:***Brings hope back*** :D

In my own personal opinion, I am sure Shenmue 3 will get made someday. Actually i am 100% sure. (and don't ask me why) I just have faith in them... Simply, if Shenmue 3 was never to be made. They would of tell us, or announce a cancellation. After they invested Sooo many cash on this saga, it would make more sense for them to finish the series. And on top of that the series is almost reaching its climax. Now, Would it be a wise choice for Sega to discontinue this series? No. { Look, The story is already completed, there were some chapters made, but didn't make it to the final game. (Shenmue 2) All the hard work is already done.
Well, I used to get angry about that kind of thinking, but I'm a lot more sanguine about it now. But I can't let it go by without just saying that you are mistaken if you think that what you have described would or could ever constitute most of the "hard work" on the game. "Some chapters made" at the most involves one or two environments and maybe one cutscene. All of this would have to be re-done for a new game in any case.

It looks like Shenmue 3 was scrapped for future plans. I'm guessing it happen early last year.(2003) Now, we all know Yu Suzuki left Sega-Am2. And got his new studio Digitalrex.( The man responsible for the Shenmue series) we all know that there is a link of Shenmue.com on Digitalrex website. The Shenmue.com website got redesign, it keeps updating etc... Now, you must question yourself? What is the sense of doing all this for a series that has been discontinue? Well,i'm guessing the series has been revived once again. In other words, Shenmue 3 could be in its development progress at this moment.
Personally I don't believe the Shenmue.com people know whether a new game is being developed or not, but what you say sounds reasonable.

Just because u don't hear a word of a game. It does not means that it would never get made. Some video games company, would not show their work to the public, if is not atleast a 60-70% complete. Let's say Shenmue 3 got scrapped. Then when Digitalrex opened they started developing it from scratch. Digitalrex opened when? was it on october 1st? Now count from October to January= 3 months right? 3 months because we are still in early Jan. Now, Do u think they can get atleast 60% done of a such an ambitious project like Shenmue 3? .... (hint hint)
Now count from Oct. first to E3 2004.(Mid-May)= 8 months. The question is, Is it possible for them to get 60-70% completed of Shenmue 3? Hmm... almost impossible.(honestly)

Let's say Sega has a goal. This goal is to get Shenmue 3 70% completed before they can reveal it to the public... Now let's say E3 2004 comes, and they only have 50% done...Now they are saying to each other, guys should we show Shenmue 3 or not? what they would do is take a gamble, a gamble if they should or not... Now, E3 comes, No Shenmue 3. ( the fans are pisssed) Does this means that they haven't started whatsover no work of Shenmue 3? or does it means that Shenmue 3 will never get made? It is up to u to you to take this either way...
What you are saying is that if we don't hear anything at E3 then it doesn't mean it's not being worked on or is not going to appear. This is a very sensible attitude, but on the other hand if they've been working on the game since October '03 and we come to May '04, six months later, I think it's likely that they will at least say something about it. From the digitalrex web page it seems that Shenmue is still their flagship product, or at least Yu Suzuki's flagship product. If they're going to announce a raft of games then and Shenmue III isn't among them, I really think it's going to be very very hard for the fans not to get somewhat disheartened and to lose their faith in Shenmue III. And I count myself amongst them. But I will look to your post for comfort.

I don't know about the rest of you guy's... But this is what i believe.
Hell yeah........................ Shenmue 3 will get made someday. This game has to be in its development at this moment or some development to begin soon, either way....
This is also my belief.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:15 pm

ummm, atleast i wanna hear something related to Shenmue 3 from this day on to E3 2004... Or maybe some screenshots. The good thing is that Yu Suzuki is going to reveal some new project on this upcoming E3. There might be a 50% chance of that maybe one of those project to be Shenmue 3. (guessing)
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby SAM2 PS2 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:23 pm

I beleive without a doubt, Shenmue III will be made, someday! BUT, I have a feeling that we'll get SOME sort of news either at or around the time of E3 2004! Here's to hoping... [-o<

8)
SAM2 PS2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III