The Shenmue BoxSet. I could only imagine

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby b_ren » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:16 pm

In the future sega will start caring about the fans less and less, money problems, take over by Sammy ect... I don't think Sega will ever be the same again.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:19 pm

It will all depend on how Sammy inluences what it wants to, be it financial, creative or otherwise. It also depends on how it sees Sega. If it aint broke, dont fix it
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby b_ren » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Well fans will want Sonic fans will want Sonic for home games but Sammy will make it into something more profitable like a Pichinko machine.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:32 pm

hmmmmmm well the last time think i played an arcage machiene was when that real life Mad Dogg mcGrew came out. It was a quality gun arcade with real actors taking the shots

Anyway back to my point, i havnt been in arcade since i was a kid, mainly due to the fact that i can play a console title that lasts longer, dosnt cost me money and i can get more enjoyment out of. I know for a fact im not the only one here, Christ you only need to look at the victory of console machienes over the past 10 years to work that one out. Sammy may be arcade biased, but that dosnt mean theyl pack in the console market for good. Wheres the value in that? If they did then theyd make a classic arcade machiene, realise what a profit they could make if they put it onto a home console, then were back here where we started. Money is in the masses, both the arcade masses and the home console lovers.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby ninja_H4zuki » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:50 pm

ive heard that arcades in japan are really popular and they are crazy about them...is that really true? :roll: :?
ninja_H4zuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spoonfan » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:58 pm

Peter C wrote:Will Sammy release under its own name, or under Segas? Hell Segas made a profit this year, the first in a while, so maybe Sammy migh just let them do what they plan to do and reap the money. Or on the other hand Sammy may use Sega to take over the world!!!! :devillaugh:

Sammy own 22.4% of Sega. They bought the shares that CSK held. Sega will not release games under the name 'Sammy' (or vice versa) anytime soon.

If you look at that list of publishers for E3 2004, Sammy are listed as a publisher by themselves, releasing their own games.
Spoonfan
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:04 pm

Yea i seen that, thats why i asked. Ithink this Sammy purchase is being blown up a bit. Come on 22%
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby momo » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:09 pm

neo-h4zuki:

arcades are crazy popular in japan, you know that little arcade 'store' at the corner of every mall? well imagine an arcade the size of a sears store! or a jc pennystore... you get the idea.
wait thats too big, half a sears store? like three quarters of one floor? :oops:

2/3 pachinko machines, then loads of dancers/horse racers and the remaining space would be the regular arcade machines. i'm only going on what i've seen on tv and heard from friends. never been myself (yet!)
momo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:12 pm

Yea thats true these places are huge and make up a lot of the markets business. You can get anything on an arcade machiene over there. Look at that Dance arcade machine, of then yamaha drum machines.Christ our beloved Suzuki-san wants to make a wine tastind arcade machine!!! ](*,)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spoonfan » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:13 pm

Peter C wrote:Yea i seen that, thats why i asked. Ithink this Sammy purchase is being blown up a bit. Come on 22%

I thought so too, at least until Hajime Satomi was made chairman of Sega. :(
Spoonfan
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:26 pm

Man I want that soo much, Id probably put it in a protective sleeve and carry it everywhere with me... even hug it while I sleep :)
Joey Bassist Dude
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:35 pm

Spoonfan wrote:
Peter C wrote:Yea i seen that, thats why i asked. Ithink this Sammy purchase is being blown up a bit. Come on 22%

I thought so too, at least until Hajime Satomi was made chairman of Sega. :(

Sega's a big company with experienced staff (Suzuki for one!) Why change it and rick losing profit, and, well ovbiously it wont come to it but bankruptcy
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:37 pm

Joei Basushisutsu Dode wrote:Man I want that soo much, Id probably put it in a protective sleeve and carry it everywhere with me... even hug it while I sleep :)

id probably jizz all over it before id make it into the bed. :shock:
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:41 pm

AWWWWW man thats sick. But you could match up Ryo's cheeks

(I just read that sentence again and got another meaning from it)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:03 pm

haha u guys crack em up :| !?
Joey Bassist Dude
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext