Playstation 3 Japan line-up of games in development

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby LanDC » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:49 am

Kensuke NOL wrote:You don't want the game to be hosted on a system with a bigger audience?

The reasons are obvious. VGAce stated one of them.

Oh, and I'd also prefer Shenmue on a console that won't break down after 2 months of use. ;)
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Neo-Ryo » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:34 pm

LanDC wrote:I pray to everything unholy that Shenmue III never appears under a PS3 list.

Same here man.
Neo-Ryo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:39 pm

I wish I could delete every post I made on these forums.
Last edited by cApNhOwDy on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LanDC » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:58 pm

cApNhOwDy version 2.LOL wrote:What makes you say that? My PS2 has outlasted all of my Dreamcasts :?

Rare case.

Every Sony product I've owned has either died or became weak quickly, though I take extremely good care of everything I have.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:10 pm

Last edited by cApNhOwDy on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JIM X » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:32 pm

this list dont say anything to me ps3 its awesome hardware its too early for shenmue3 and ps3 news but i hope sega give info of shenmue3 for the next months i buy ps3 with shenmue3 :D 8)
JIM X
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby b_ren » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:36 pm

I think he's meaning Sony stuff in general as well. I never buy anything Sony and have never bought on of their consoles since the PS1. Nothing to do with being a "PS2 hater" but I don't like Sony products because I usually buy more reliable ones from different companys like say Philips.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:22 pm

Last edited by cApNhOwDy on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:41 pm

Well it's very obvious they won't achieve huge success on the 360 and Rev either if it can't achieve it on the PS3, since their fanbases are alot smaller than Sony's and the mentality is very much the same. Especially the 360, which is trying to be as mainstream as they possibly can. Do you do honestly think Shenmue has more of a chance with just Microsoft, considering that the game doesn't change drastically at all to meet up to the standards of a wider audience?

A multiconsole release would be better but if it had to be one, why choose a system that won't have that many gamers as opposed to choosing another with more gamers? There's more of a chance playing in the big leagues than sticking it to the tiny backyard.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Spoonfan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:14 am

If Shenmue III is to be the last in the series, I honestly don't care how big an audience it reaches. As long as us fans get what we want. I'd be happy if they released it quietly on Dreamcast.
Spoonfan
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gangsta Ren » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:19 am

You Guys can Bash PS3 all you want , all i know is it can process 1.8 more teraflops per second ( floating point calculations ) than 360(thus making it a more powerful 3-d machine), and it will come with its hard drive included. That 500 and $600 price range is bullshit, nobody knows the real price of PS3 because it hasn't been announced. Even Sony is not stupid enough to realease a console 3 times more expensive than anything but neo geo.

And Metal Gear Solid 4 looks a thousand times better than anything Ive seen on Bill Gates rippoff box. MGS4 will sell rings around anything on 360, so you damn well better be sure it WILL have a lager audience. Thats not even mentioning Devil May Cry 4. Yuji Naka already hinted that VF 5 will be on PS3.

MS suckered me once already into buying Halo 2, after the great impression HAlo one made on me. But for me , like many others, Halo 2 was more of a disappointment than The PHANTOM Menace, after years of anticipation. With all the GIMPED weapons Halo 2 had, no way am I buying a 360 for Halo 3. Bill Gates better pray he signs AM2 to produce Shenmue 3 on Xbox 360. If Xbox 30 gets Shenmue 3, you can almost bet that it wont be ported to PS 3 because Am2 has neither the time or money to produce a port for any other console.

First Yu Suzuki said he's not sure what console Shenmue 3 would be on, now Adam Doree's mysterious source says the same thing. Since the popular opinion is that since Shenmue 2 was on Xbox, Shenmue 3 should naturally be on it too, or the 360. But if we can all make that pragmatic assumption, why wouldn't am2 and their NEW Shenmue 3 project lead.
If AM2 are so much in doubt about what system to put Shenmue 3 on, it should be obvious that its NOT going to be a Microsoft system, or else they would have said so.

In the end all that really matters is that Shenmue 3 gets released, and since Seaman is getting a sequel after SIX years, there's still hope.
Gangsta Ren
Master of the Three Blades

Postby JoeMDesign » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:25 am

Twist wrote:
joemdesign wrote:Near future...?

The PS3 wont be out until next year sometime so how can something post the PS3's release be anytime soon?

I said in the near-future, post PS3 release.

*can't let this go :? *

POST means AFTER so since the PS3 isn't going to be released soon, how can we be sure what the titles will be closer to the release?

See just because there's a preliminary list of games which Shenmue isn't listed on, that doesn't mean it wont change.

It can't "rule-out" a release for Shenmue III in the near future because PS3 isn't coming out in "the near future" (unless you count nearly a year or so as such).

Most likely PS3's biggest titles will be ready for E3 next year to be unleashed to the world in my opinion. :o

(Plus, I'm sure Shenmue III will be released ON playstation 3 AFTER it's released as opposed to BEFORE... Who's gonna buy it if the console isn't out...? :P )
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:41 am

joemdesign wrote:
Twist wrote:
joemdesign wrote:Near future...?

The PS3 wont be out until next year sometime so how can something post the PS3's release be anytime soon?

I said in the near-future, post PS3 release.

*can't let this go :? *

POST means AFTER so since the PS3 isn't going to be released soon, how can we be sure what the titles will be closer to the release?

See just because there's a preliminary list of games which Shenmue isn't listed on, that doesn't mean it wont change.

It can't "rule-out" a release for Shenmue III in the near future because PS3 isn't coming out in "the near future" (unless you count nearly a year or so as such).

Most likely PS3's biggest titles will be ready for E3 next year to be unleashed to the world in my opinion. :o

(Plus, I'm sure Shenmue III will be released ON playstation 3 AFTER it's released as opposed to BEFORE... Who's gonna buy it if the console isn't out...? :P )

I meant near future post PS3 release, say, anytime upto Q3 2006. But like you said, it could indeed change. We shall wait and see.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby life_247 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:21 am

By the way sega generally never put TBA games on lists.

There will be more games on this list as time goes on, also acording to the Kikizo report there not 100% on the console decision, thus i wouldn't expect it to be on a list till a fair bit later on.
life_247

Postby Ryouji » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:28 pm

LanDC wrote:I pray to everything unholy that Shenmue III never appears under a PS3 list.

I'll join you for that prayer! A Sony version of Shenmue III would just end up with guns, drugs, some guy called Carl from 'da hood' and a button bashing control system. Man I hate Sony. :roll: Thank god sega are in charge of such a fantastic game.

Grand Theft Shenmue III: I can just see it now :P
Ryouji
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III