A thought Silas pointed out to me. The big question now is,

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:42 am

i thought Yu said a game like Shenmue II would not be possible on PS2?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Les » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:55 am

The name calling stuff is really getting old, you said "this thread is stupid and should be locked" really ? Thats your opionion allthough you could have said so without the "stupid" thrown in.

I imagine people like you are the same types who called my thought stupid or to shut the f up when I said to be caustious about assuming that Segas secret game last year was Shenmue 3, now that was STUPID.

If a hardware deal is next why shouldn't it be talked about ? Why shouldn't it be in a different thread about a different topic which was a story about an annonumous source saying the game was ready but not to expect hearing anything official yet ?

You don't like my opionion ? I can live with that, but don't tell me I don't have the right to express it here because you don't like it.

Tell you what, to all the whiney brats who have told me what I can think or what I can say, from now on if you see a topic with my name on it, how's about you simply don't read them ?

Believe it or not, from time to time some people here have told me they agree with my points of view and also many of my thoughts the last couple years have been proven to be right !!!

Telling people to shut up or calling them names or asking for topics to be locked because you don't like them is b.s.

Les
Les
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gangsta Ren » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:24 pm

Why would mass appeal stuff only go multiplatform? It makes a lot of sense if a game that doesn't do too well goes multiplatform, it will appeal to a much larger audience.

Oh and about the Shenmue II PS2 thing, it could easily be to do with the PS2's power and so on.... Xbox was just a better machine to run it on and like you said, SEGA wanted to share games out to Xbox/PS2/Gamecube games accordingly. So it could just be the fact that they didn’t want to release too much on the PS2 and it just wouldn't play it any better than the Dreamcast did anyway.

I'm going to explain this as SIMPLE as possible. SEGA CAN'T AFFORD the RISK involved in making every game multiplatform. THAT kikizo article is part interview, part Adam's conjecture. None of it is Bible , or etched in stone, other than the major work on Shenmue 3 is done. Every seen Headhunter on Xbox? Nope its PS2 only. Ever see JEt SET RADIO or Gun Valkrie future on PS2? Nope they are Xbox only. The fact that those SEGA titles had necer APPEARED ON the PS2 had NOTHING to do with Ps2's technical abilities , lets get that clear, I never said that. It has to do with SEGA not being able to afford PUBLISHING 3 million units (one million for each system) and only SELLING 750,000 total, in case you were asleep in math class that's a LOSS of 2,250,000 copies that will never be reordered from retail chains, because they barely sold their first shipment.

As great and excellent the Shenmue games are they are not exactly on Xbox's "Platinum hits" list and therefore not a sure thing in sales, and a multiplatform deal is unlikely. Virtua Fighter 4 is more popular, and THAT didn't even go multiplatform.

Disclaimer:That's an educated guess. All you have to do is look at the pattern of Sega's releases since 2001( mostly single-platform games), and a relatively small humble amount of releases a year, and you could see where this is heading. Personally, I'd like sega to keep out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, as it is my favorite game company.
Gangsta Ren
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ramirez » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:14 pm

Has anyone considered that the Xbox 360 is about as far from Xbox hardware as you can get?!

If this game was originally intended for xbox, all of the work (textureing, modelling, programming) will be specific to Xbox hardware. You've seen how difficult it is to make Xbox 1 games work on 360. Transition is going to take FUCKING AGES and they can't even start any kind of transistion until they make a hardware deal, they are not going to start developing the current build of shenmue 3 for consoles it may appear on.

How long would it take to convert to another console altogether, plus graphic improvemnts etc...

Well to look on the bright side at least the game is actually finished (practically) that's one stumbleing block passed. We still have a long wy to go before we have this ame in the sweet sweet disktrays of our Xbox360/PS3/Revolution
ramirez
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Neo-Ryo » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:44 pm

ramirez wrote:Has anyone considered that the Xbox 360 is about as far from Xbox hardware as you can get?!

If this game was originally intended for xbox, all of the work (textureing, modelling, programming) will be specific to Xbox hardware. You've seen how difficult it is to make Xbox 1 games work on 360. Transition is going to take FUCKING AGES and they can't even start any kind of transistion until they make a hardware deal, they are not going to start developing the current build of shenmue 3 for consoles it may appear on.

How long would it take to convert to another console altogether, plus graphic improvemnts etc...

Well to look on the bright side at least the game is actually finished (practically) that's one stumbleing block passed. We still have a long wy to go before we have this ame in the sweet sweet disktrays of our Xbox360/PS3/Revolution

No RARE transfered the Kameto elements of power(or how ever you spell it) to the 360 in three weeks. It was on gamespot.
Neo-Ryo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Gangsta Ren » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:07 pm

Looks like Shenmue 3 may be on 360 after all. I was reading an article on gamespot that said PS3 is so different to program for, that ports are nearly impossible. Beiong that the work for Shenmue 3 is already done, the only way to put it on Ps3 is to start from scratch. And THAT sure aint gonna happen. So if Shenmue 3 ever comes out, Ill be forced to buy a 360. Untill then, Im buying a PS3 in the spring.
Gangsta Ren

Postby WantaShenmue3 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:44 am

PS3 is easily the easiest to develop for due to Blu-Ray less compression needed quicker and easier to make, less compression means less confusion plus now they have better development tools.
I'm Pro Shenmue 3 on PS3, but it would be good on all but PS3 version will probably be the best.
WantaShenmue3

Postby Terra Ryzing » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:51 am

PS3 would be a great choice since I've been a PS fanboy for quite a while now.
Terra Ryzing
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:36 am

Terra Ryzing wrote:PS3 would be a great choice since I've been a PS fanboy for quite a while now.

at least your honest
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Ryouji » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:04 pm

WantaShenmue3 wrote:PS3 is easily the easiest to develop for due to Blu-Ray less compression needed quicker and easier to make, less compression means less confusion plus now they have better development tools.
I'm Pro Shenmue 3 on PS3, but it would be good on all but PS3 version will probably be the best.

Fair point but as i've said before... It has been said (somewhere) that Microsoft as possibly looking into an alternative to dual layered DVD's because they realise that DVD's were a mistake and are now post it. I think we'll be seeing a different data storage format for the 360 pretty soon.
Ryouji
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ramirez » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:49 am

I am quite sure that the format for Xbox 360GAMES will be duel layered DVD .

Microsoft have stated that they will release a HD-DVD version but it will only play films (because what is the point of launching a console with one kind of drive media, then changeing it so that the people who bought the original console will be unable to play games specifically desgined for HD-DVD)

Again here I am recalling information from a distant part of my mind, but if someone would care to check the story is something like that.

Oh and rgards to the conversion phases of games:

I will redefine my answer, It will depend on the kind of technology used, how long it takes to convert, shenmue II is based on a very old architecture, what they've been doing these last few years is anyones guess, they may have completely redefined the engine or it may be in a similar state to how we last saw it, it all depends.

Plus I think Shenmue III's development started before XNA was finished. And XNA is microsoftspreffered development tool for the Xbox 360 which supposedly cuts development times dramatically.
ramirez
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gangsta Ren » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:32 pm

Im psuhing for PS3 SHenmue 3 because Im buying one anyway, and that way I dont have to waste $400 on the X-COX 360.
Gangsta Ren

Postby Gangsta Ren » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:34 pm

^^yes I spelled it wrong on Purpose . Thats my official name for it. Its garbage.
Gangsta Ren

Postby Cho » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:26 am

Gangsta Ren wrote:Im psuhing for PS3 SHenmue 3 because Im buying one anyway, and that way I dont have to waste $400 on the X-BOX 360.

But you do have an estimated $500-600 USD to spend on a PS3? (In a report from Ken Kutagari, which I saw on the forums on Sonic-cult, it was estimated to be too exspensive for homes to begin with)

I personally wouldn't mind seeing it on any old console at all, I'll buy whatever it comes on, I am not actually bothered.

The whole fanboy thing is ridiculous.

Though I could agree with this =P

Orpheus wrote:simple. Shenmue PC would solve eveything. port it later!
Cho
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Gangsta Ren » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:39 am

The stupid thing is all these new consoles try to avoid being thought of as a PC, so they avoid including a keyboard and mouse. Then why start to charge PC PRICES for consoles. If it costs as much as a PC, then it might as well be one.
For the record, I hate Sony. I dont hate microsoft, but understand why a lot of people do. Trouble is Im definitely getting a PS3 (for MGS4 and DMC4) but nothing on 360 compells me to buy it. Onlt Shenmue 3 could change that. ANd dont believe that crap about PS3 going to cost $600. Thats bullshit. AT most its going to cost $400. How the hell are they going to be competitive If Ps3 cost $200 more than its competitor? I think people have learned from 3do and Neo Geos failures. ANd isnt Ken Kutagari fired? I couldve sworn I heard he stepped down as CEO. 360 didnt announce its official price until the last minute.
Gangsta Ren

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III