Why we havent heard any more rumors/leaks since Kikizo

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:35 am

Gangsta ren he said none of the next gen consoles are out till next year, which is why i pointed out xbox360 is out in 2 months[thats this year ;) ]

Plus you are the biggest sony fan boy on here :roll: the fact is IF its just Shenmue III thats released whos mostly gonna buy it? MS fans who have got the 360? Or PS only owners who have probably never heard of Shenmue Let alone what the 3rd part of a series.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Gangsta Ren » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:40 pm

Thats not what I said you moron. I said ALL three systems wont be out untill mid to late 2006.

Xbox 360 is only 1/3 of the three, you ass. Can you READ , moron, I said "ALL". How can Sega make a choice of which NEXT GEN SYTEM to put Shenmue 3 on if only one out of three is out? This is indicative of the moron intelligence level here, the inability to grasp the obviouis. The most elementary observations are like quantum physics for dunces like bestbit.

And If I say XBOX is superior to PS2 does that make me a Microsoft fanboy? No dumbass, it means I know superior specs when I see them. This time PS3 has the better specs. Live in denial all you want, but a real FANBOY will deny the truth out of some deluded loyalty to a company that doesn't give a shit about them. That's the description YOU fit, not me.

And this whole thread just seems to be running in circles, back to doubting the Kikizo article(even the tone of the title draws doubt on kikizo), after Hellraizer already LOCKED all the kikizo doubting threads.
This crap needs a lock.
Gangsta Ren
Master of the Three Blades

Postby VGAce » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:49 pm

Somebody needs a nap...
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:40 am

Gangsta Ren wrote:How can Sega make a choice of which NEXT GEN SYTEM to put Shenmue 3 on if only one out of three is out?

Someone once told me that devlopers make games before the console comes out... :roll:

But I'm sure it's just a rumour...

Everyone knows all those launch titles are 'magic' or something...
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:34 pm

wrong joe...they make them all the day the console comes out ;)
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby SegaMon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:18 pm

thebestbit wrote:wrong joe...they make them all the day the console comes out ;)

Explains the lack of 2-player in the Japanese release of Virtua Fighter 3...
SegaMon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Zelda: Skyward Sword

Postby Ryouji » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:59 pm

joemdesign wrote:
Gangsta Ren wrote:How can Sega make a choice of which NEXT GEN SYTEM to put Shenmue 3 on if only one out of three is out?

Someone once told me that devlopers make games before the console comes out... :roll:

He means how can they choose a system when they only have the perspective of one console and can't really see what the PS3 / Revolution will turn out like. (I think)

Make me a sig please :P I need a good one 8)
Ryouji
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby VGAce » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:52 pm

That's what alpha kits are for. Developers have alpha kits of PS3 and Revolution right now, and they've had kits for the Xbox360 forever. They don't play by the same rules as common consumers like us (i.e. they don't have to go to the store and buy a console a year from now to experience it). A hardware deal could certainly be made at this point, and for all we know it already has been.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Gangsta Ren » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:10 pm

joemdesign wrote:
Gangsta Ren wrote:
How can Sega make a choice of which NEXT GEN SYTEM to put Shenmue 3 on if only one out of three is out?

Someone once told me that devlopers make games before the console comes out...

YEAH right DUMBASS , theres just one problem , SHENMUE 3 is NOT a launch title for ANY console. So stfu. EVEN the Current generation consoles could run Shenmue 3, it has NOTHING to do with "alpha kits" or specs, it has to do with SEGA choosing the most FINANCIALLY successful console to release Shenmue 3 on.

And your feeble attempts at sarcasm only point out you lack the intelligence to use it effectively. "MAGIC launch titles" huh? Your wit astounds me. Do you have professional writers do your material? You're about as witty as Carrot Top on the comedian meter. Dick.

Not every developer jumps on the bandwagon before a console is even released. Xen had it right . ALPHA kits have nothing to do with CONSOLE sales in JAPAN AND other territories. SEGA should make the decision of which console gets SHENMUE 3 based on System sales ( a $400 sub par console isn't looking too good, as Sony announced they are going to strategically set PS3's price, as of 9/28/05 on gamespot). VGACE when did I say SEGA doiesnt have ALPHA kits for PS3 and Revolution( THEY obviously are working on PS3 SOnic titles, DUH!)? NEVER, so do yourself a favor and have a nice cup of STFU.

DUNCE.
Gangsta Ren

Postby VGAce » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:10 pm

Christ, do you have a chip on your shoulder. See if you can have a rational conversation without insulting somebody in the future. You might be surprised when people actually start listening to you...
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Terra Ryzing » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:46 am

VGAce wrote:Christ, do you have a chip on your shoulder. See if you can have a rational conversation without insulting somebody in the future. You might be surprised when people actually start listening to you...

You have learned much my student..... (See the "I feel bad for Mark" thread)
Terra Ryzing
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Les » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:08 pm

Wanting the game to have the best sales available is certainly a good idea, but if the thing you are suggesting is Sega wants to wait until all 3 consoles are out and have been out long enough to see sales patterns [which would probably be at least 6 months after the last of the 3 consoles is out, then make a hardware deal, then make the game....How freaking long will it take to get out of that damn cave !!! LOL !!! 2008 ???

Les
Les
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:18 pm

you make a very good point les.....but then SEGA have kept us waiting this long, im sure they dont care about making us wait another 3+ years.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby RyoHazuki1987 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:23 pm

thebestbit wrote:you make a very good point les.....but then SEGA have kept us waiting this long, im sure they dont care about making us wait another 3+ years.

I think that it wasn't about making us wait longer, but when they looked at the timeframe back at E3 2004, they realized that by the time Shenmue would be ready for release, one or more of the next gen consoles would have been released. I like to think that the reason why Sega hasn't announced it the last couple of years is because they wanted to make the game on a system that would bring Shenmue to a large audience. Aside from The Legend of Zelda:The Twilight Princess I can't even think of any big name titles that will be coming out on only one of the current gen systems. All the hype and talk is and will be about the Xbox 360, PS 3, and Revolution this next year, it would be too easy for Shenmue to get lost in the shuffle. That said, I also really hope we don't have to wait another 3+ years, even though I doubt it will be that long.
RyoHazuki1987
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Nameless » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:15 pm

ryohazuki1987 wrote:I like to think that the reason why Sega hasn't announced it the last couple of years is because they wanted to make the game on a system that would bring Shenmue to a large audience. All the hype and talk is and will be about the Xbox 360, PS 3, and Revolution this next year, it would be too easy for Shenmue to get lost in the shuffle. That said, I also really hope we don't have to wait another 3+ years, even though I doubt it will be that long.

Yeah alot of the reasoning could be that they wanted it to release on the next gen to reach a larger audience. But as you said it could get lost in the shuffle, so just something we are going to have to wait and see on.
Nameless
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III