Promising Email from Sega Support

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby stigee » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:22 pm

-Ryudo- wrote:
stigee wrote:I don't know if this is good or bad news but I tried contacting Sega Support about Shenmue and I received the following response:

Hi Jim,
Thanks for writing -- we know full-well that Shenmue has some of the most devoted fans of any console series, and how much everyone wants to see a new game in the series. Just be patient and keep checking sega.com for new info...

-Edward
SEGA Support

I does not seem automated since it is not the same email response but the message is the same. He says we Shenmue fans are a dedicated bunch and we need to be patient and keep checking Sega.com. Also, it is from the same person: Edward. His response still gives me some hope but I won't get my hopes too high.

That makes it seem more like one of these things to me..a Prepared fill in the blanks response.

"Hi ___,
Thanks for writing -- we know full-well that ________ has some of the most devoted fans of any console series, and how much everyone wants to see a new game in the series. Just be patient and keep checking sega.com for new info."

Then just as the guy on the other end takes that copy and paste to the reply and fills it with Sonic or NiGHTS or Shenmue ot Virtua Tennis etc...etcc....whatever Sega has made.

I know it seems like a fill in the blank response but if you read the original one posted on the forum and mine, they are somewhat different. Who knows... maybe a few others should try contacting support and see what response they get.
stigee
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gingefners, The » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Maybe he knows of these forums and how people get excited over the slightest little thing so decided to send that and then visit here to laugh at people getting their hopes up.
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby renofheavens » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 pm

maybe a few others should try contacting support and see what response they get.

Yeah il try it. I just need the address.
renofheavens
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Otogi

Postby stigee » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:22 pm

1. Go here: http://sega-us.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/seg ... td_alp.php

2. Log in if you have an account or create one.

3. Then you have to look for a "Ask Question" tab which is not always shown for some reason. To get to it, do a search for Shenmue or any random topic and then click on a previously asked question. The Ask Question tab should appear. If it doesn't, then keep clicking links until you find it.

4. Ask your question and you should get a response in your email within a day or two.

Hope this helped.
stigee
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby renofheavens » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:25 am

stigee wrote:1. Go here: http://sega-us.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/seg ... td_alp.php

2. Log in if you have an account or create one.

3. Then you have to look for a "Ask Question" tab which is not always shown for some reason. To get to it, do a search for Shenmue or any random topic and then click on a previously asked question. The Ask Question tab should appear. If it doesn't, then keep clicking links until you find it.

4. Ask your question and you should get a response in your email within a day or two.

Hope this helped.

Thanks ill let you all know if i get any response.
renofheavens

Postby Kenny » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:07 am

Ask about another game in another franchise and see if you get a similar response.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:48 am

Kenny™© wrote:Ask about another game in another franchise and see if you get a similar response.

Exactly what I've just done for Streets Of Rage, now lets wait...*twiddles thumbs*
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ys » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:23 am

It's nice to get an email like this. But as I said earlier. Some years ago I mailed a bit back and forth with someone from Sega Europe. And he had heard that AM2 was working on something Shenmue-related. Now we've all seen how many more Shenmue games we have gotten in the meanwhile from AM2 ;) On the other hand, as I said, Shenmue Online was announced a bit later, though that had nothing to do with AM2. Who knows, maybe they were working on something back then, had to stop (which kind of fits in with the whole Kikizo deal) and are close to finishing it now according to the last mails :P
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Clint » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:38 am

Never get your hopes up regarding Shenmue. SEGA will fuck you in the arse whichever way possible.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:33 pm

Clint wrote:Never get your hopes up regarding Shenmue. SEGA will fuck you in the arse whichever way possible.

Or even up the nose? Or in your earhole? Or all ways possible?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Maccam16 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:39 pm

Every time I visit this place, there's some glimmering hope of Shenmue 3 coming out. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN! I just modded my DC to be region free (sorta) and am buying the EU releases so I can play on one save file for the first time. When I'm done, there better be some good news here.
Maccam16

Postby stigee » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:39 pm

So I emailed support again to try and get more detail and Edward sent back a less then stellar response:

Hi Jim,
Thanks for writing again and as always, we appreciate the tenacity and dedication of the Shenmue fans. There is no current news about Shenmue III development or a release date, or plans to announce either of these. Sega.com will be the first place for you to find out official word of any new games.

-Edward
SEGA Support

Sorry everyone, but this does not mean Shenmue 3 is not in development. He is saying there are no plans to announce any Shenmue related news any time soon. So this thread is pretty much dead for now.
stigee
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby renofheavens » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:24 pm

Well i got pretty muuch the same response:

Hi,
Thanks for writing, we appreciate the tenacity and dedication of the Shenmue fans. There is no current news about Shenmue III development or a release date, or plans to announce either of these. Sega.com will be the first place for you to find out official word of any new games.
-Edward
SEGA Support
renofheavens

Postby Resident Joel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Poor old Edward is being harassed...
Resident Joel
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Resident Joel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Oh, and here is my reply from Edward :)

Hi Joel,
Thanks for writing and as always, we appreciate the tenacity and dedication of the Shenmue fans. There is no current news about a Shenmue III release date, or plans to announce a release date. Sega.com will be the first place for you to find out official word of any new games.

Sorry I can't give you any more hopeful news than that -- !

-Edward
SEGA Support

Well in my response, he just says there is no current news about a release date. He doesn't say there is nothing happening with the development. I have therefore managed to conclude that after my email was sent, development on Shenmue III began. Yes, that's right folks, my superb email, which I can't bring myself to publish publicly, has sparked the development of Shenmue III. You may shower me with gifts now...
Resident Joel

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III