Shenmue III in Game Infarcer Magazine

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue III in Game Infarcer Magazine

Postby GameFreac » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Shenmue III was mentioned in Game Infarcer (the joke magazine they post every so often inside the Game Informer Magazine)

I'm tired of them continually making fun of Shenmue but this was actually kind of funny:

"Finally! After years of angry letters and online petitions, Sega has triumphantly vindicated the dreams of dozens of Dreamcast fanatics. Ryo is back, and Shenmue III might just be the most important piece of entertainment ever produced by human hands.

Shenmue III goes deeper into the human psyche than any game before it, exploring the often-overlooked realities of life. Ryo pulls weeds. Ryo cuts his toenails. Ryo waits in line at the grocery store. The dopey roustabout even gets a job changing the bedpans in an old folks home. All the while, the murder of his father goes unsolved. Should we cry for this broken soul as he spends all his money buying toys out of vending machines? Should we mourn with him as he spends long lonely hours defrosting his fridge? Yes, because this game takes place in Japan - and that is awesome.

You can tell Ryo is a broken man by how poorly he interacts with others like this snippet of dialogue. Ryo: "Can you direct me to the local store?" Random woman: "You are looking for a local store?" Ryo: "Yes, can you give me directions? I would like to purchase something from a local store." Those who think Shenmue doesn't have its share of exciting moments should know that Ryo goes to the moon, where he collects rock samples and measures radiation levels. Absolutely nothing has been done to differentiate this from the first two titles, this is exactly the game fans have been waiting more than seven years to play."

Overall Score: 11
GameFreac
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby white lotus » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:04 pm

You can tell Ryo is a broken man by how poorly he interacts with others like this snippet of dialogue. Ryo: "Can you direct me to the local store?" Random woman: "You are looking for a local store?" Ryo: "Yes, can you give me directions? I would like to purchase something from a local store."

LOL
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Re: Shenmue III in Game Infarcer Magazine

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:45 am

GameFreac wrote:I'm tired of them continually making fun of Shenmue

Why? It's a game have a laugh.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby SeppukoPanda » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 am

...He did...read the end of the sentence...

"I'm tired of them continually making fun of Shenmue but this was actually kind of funny"
SeppukoPanda
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:59 pm

I did read it but being annoyed anytime about someone making fun of a game is kind of sad.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby GameFreac » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:18 am

SeppukoPanda wrote:...He did...read the end of the sentence...

"I'm tired of them continually making fun of Shenmue but this was actually kind of funny"
GameFreac
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Andy Hughes » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:08 am

lol, what a piss take haha. It is getting a bit over the top the way people talk about shenmue. I remember seeing it in this worse video games ever thing, man that pissed me off. It was amazing for its time and still is now, Shenmue 1 and 2 are the best games ever, why do a lot of people dislike the shenmue series?
Andy Hughes
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: My Guitar ;)

Postby dame_ningen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:42 am

because of the same reaso "hip-hop-gangster" dislike people with more than an IQ of 20
cuz they dont understand it. like for example wich huntings: people who did research and gained knowledge about the world got killed cuz the other ppl didnt get it and thoughts its something demonic.

its the same with shenmue - they are just jealous that they dont have something this epic and god like. they flame it cuz they dont get it
dame_ningen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Supa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Actually, they flame it because every single last one of those people that work on GI suck dick at writing, and they are also Zelda/Ninty fanboys to the death. The only thing they know how to do is copy other people, and since they probably haven't even played Shenmue for themselves, they feel the need to jump on the bandwagon simply because it will make people buy their good for nothing, shitpile magazine.

I hope they all die.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Without Remorse » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:38 am

Magazines like EGM fail while EBGames propaganda rags like GI thrive? As far as reviews go, this magazine is the mafia of Videogames. If you dont pay your protection money/advertising bill they skewer you. Since most companies pay, everything gets a 7.0 or above. Their writing and humor in juvenile and their treatment of fans is trashy(unless the fan is servicing the GI staff's genitals.) Im tired of crap rags like this doing as well as they do. People actually trust this tripe. Its a damn shame they get so many good Scoops.

The shenmue 3 "review" was pretty lame, but it was alot tamer than I would expect it to be. I just wish they had some kind of Humor writer.
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm

But GI is a farce anyway.
They only rate the hyped HD console games high and even the good games on Nintendo systems low by default as if they never played them.

It's a BS mag only used to get people to preorder hyped mainstream games at gamestop and I fucking hated pushing that thing on people just so I could get more hours.(same with pre orders)

Bring back EGM.
Even in the latter days not as good as they used to be was far better than GI and they were unbiased for the most part...ok except Halo,they were Halo fanboys.
(I know print media is dead but still enjoy reading a hardcopy in my hands)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby [mYLES] » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 pm

It made me laugh, because I have waited in the grocery store and done a lot of shit in that game that people would yawn to. But I fucking love it.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Do you know where I can find any sailors?

Postby LuckyLuciano » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:17 am

Do you know where I can find any sailors?

It's phrases like this that put people off about the game so I can understand. Why they wouldn't like the whole gay sex with a sailor thing I don't know why they must be straight or something. (LOL)

Although if they played the game they would see that it's a great game like Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger,or even Dragon Quest 8. (Or whatever you consider a great game.)
LuckyLuciano
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Location: The Place where Shenmue 3 is hidden. It's nice here.

Re: Do you know where I can find any sailors?

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:01 pm

LuckyLuciano wrote:Do you know where I can find any sailors?

It's phrases like this that put people off about the game so I can understand. Why they wouldn't like the whole gay sex with a sailor thing I don't know why they must be straight or something. (LOL)

Although if they played the game they would see that it's a great game like Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger,or even Dragon Quest 8. (Or whatever you consider a great game.)

http://revision3.com/forum/showpost.php ... ostcount=6
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Screw EGM, I want Ultra Game Players back.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Next

Return to Shenmue III