RYO RETURNS! Sonic & Sega racing!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 am

Been playing with my brother most of the morning. We usally play Mario Kart together alot and he was enjoying it as well. If I can find it cheap I might actually get it if I have the money since alot of games are coming out around then.

And when near Ryo during his forklift mode you can hear the 100 man battle music playing.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Tad89 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:49 am

I thought it was pretty good as well, it's allot like Mario Kart like everyone predicted but I'm not complaining. I liked mario Kart on the DS but I never really got into it on the Wii, I think the controls just didn't agree with me. Sega All-stars racing though has got allot of detail put into it you can see that just from the demo.

This is just from the Demo:

The game works the same way as Mario Kart you can take short cuts and use power ups to throw your opponent of the track or just to slow them down. You can get speed boosts by doing a trick in the air or by sliding around corners. You pick up items as you go around the track which can give you Rockets, Bombs, Traiffic cones, Boxing gloves, shields, stars (makes your opponents screen go upside down) a Rainbow which covers your screen making it hard for you to see where to go. One power up I really like is when your doing bad in a race they give a power up which is different to each character:

Sonic - Turns supersonic speeds up and knocks enemies out of his path.

Banjo Kazooie - Gets a small speed boast and brings giant jigsaw puzzles raining down around the track making it hard to avoid getting hit.

Really looking forward to getting this game now, been playing the demo to death lol.
Tad89
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:35 am

Riku wrote:Been playing with my brother most of the morning. We usally play Mario Kart together alot and he was enjoying it as well. If I can find it cheap I might actually get it if I have the money since alot of games are coming out around then.

And when near Ryo during his forklift mode you can hear the 100 man battle music playing.

It's launching at £28-£30 at places I've seen. Makes a change from the usual £45-£50.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby SeppukoPanda » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Rom wrote:Am I the only one who would like to see Lan-Di in the Black Car as DLC ?

No, I've been saying this for a long time. I would love to see Lan-Di in a black car.
SeppukoPanda
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Without Remorse » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:09 pm

The game seems to be really high quality and alot of fun. And its hard to get a good look at Ryo because he always seems to be in 1st or 2nd. He must be one of the better characters to use.
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

Postby WooyMooy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:22 am

It is pretty fun , and I also liked the Sonic Adv. theme of the level you get to play it as it brought back memory's of the DC.

It was weird seeing Ryo in another game lol ;o!
WooyMooy

XBL: MooyWooy
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Tad89 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:25 am

Can any of you hear what ryo says during the race and after he wins it? The voices are really quiet on the demo you can only make out the odd comment from sonic and beat etc. LAN D might be in the game, there are apparently afew hidden characters that we don't know about. If not there's always downloadable content. :)
Tad89

Postby Barry the Nomad » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 am

Hi! Long time lurker (since 2002)

This bit on info is on the official SASAR site, Ryo's bio:

Very very awesome to see Naoyuki get a mention! The vehicle may very well even be named "Naoyuki's Bike" in the character select screen :)[/i]
Barry the Nomad

Postby Tad89 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Nice find, there's allot of talk about Shenmue lately And it's all thanks to Sumo digital simply putting Ryo Hazuki in a racing game, it's great!! Sumo digital saying there interested in finishing the series, sega finally saying there thinking about etc. Hopefully some think will develop from all this.
Tad89

Postby ShinChuck » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:47 pm

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/02/01/wouldnt-it-be-great-if-you-could-use-ryos-forklift-normally-in-asr/

Europe and Australia get Ryo-F if they pre-order: Ryo permanently driving a forklift. Hopefully it hits the States as well, or I'll be bummed!

Still, EU/AU get screwed on so many video games, guess I can't complain too much.

I did lol after a race in the demo, when a frustrated Ryo came in second and said, "How long do I have to keep doing this...?"
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Release date has been moved up three days from the 26th to the 23rd.

SeppukoPanda wrote:No, I've been saying this for a long time. I would love to see Lan-Di in a black car.

Could probably be easily done, the Bonanza Bros drive a black car, few tweaks and you could have one with Lan Di. But the thing is, Lan Di is such an evil character! Wouldn't he look out of place in a bright and sunny kartracing game?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby SeppukoPanda » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Robotnik, while granted cartoony in nature, is basically "evil".
SeppukoPanda

Postby takumoru » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Just checked out the demo. I was pleasantly surprised. This is promising. I'm definately picking it up when it releases.

Pre-ordering from GAME tomorrow to get that sweet ass EUR pre-order bonus ^^

Edit: Ryo just won a race and said "I'm in a hurry, gotta run" or something along those lines.

Awesome ^^
takumoru

Postby ReRuss » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:33 am

It has the feel of Outrun converted into a kart-style game

Might be why there's an Outrun Ferrari in there...

I think Ryo's star mode is a fork lift, but seeing as the game has a "Shop", it may be possible to have alternate vehicles and such

I'm gonna grab it on 360, I'd go PS3 but I don't many people on PSN
ReRuss

PSN: ReRuss
XBL: ReRuss
Currently playing: Neo-Geo 6-Slot

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:02 am

Kenny™© wrote:
SeppukoPanda wrote:New review of the game. At 2:24 Ryo speaks. Is that Cory Marshall?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6746AoxDpA&hd=1

Also, the video has a happy ending. :D

My mind is totally in the gutter, hahahahaha.

Riyo lololol
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III