RYO RETURNS! Sonic & Sega racing!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Whenever I get my Amazon giftcard for trading some stuff in to Gazelle I will use it to buy my copy.
I really love the idea of having a good kart racer with Sega,wanted one since Sonic Adventure 2 mini game of Sonic kart.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:01 pm

To give it credit, it plays way better than the racing from Sonic Adventure 2. Though the drift technique takes a bit getting used to.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Once you get used to it, it gets really easy.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:10 pm

It's pretty much the same mechanic as Sumo's OutRun games with some tweaks to it.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Haaaahaaaa great video Ziming. I loved the bit where Ryo got into the forklift and the announcer says "Its time to go to work!" :)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Lan Di-sama wrote:Is there a Shenmue-based track?

Fraid not. Be paid DLC if it happens. I'm surprised there isn't a Dobuita track, actually.

Believe it or not, the exclusion of a Shenmue track may have been done deliberately, as part of a strategy move by Sumo. If we go on the positive thinking that Sumo are very pro Shenmue III (taking into account their statement that they would be willing to develop the game!) then this could be the way they have come up with to assess the popularity of the Shenmue series and the reasoning for people purchasing this game.

We argued from the announcement of this game that we would buy this game solely to support Shenmue, but the snag was that there would be no hard evidence presented to Sega that the sales figures were Shenmue related. Well one thing that can be easily assessed would be Shenmue exclusive DLC for the game after its release. I mean if a Shenmue based track was released and other DLC also released, then the sheer numbers of DLC sold would indicate which is more popular both within the racing game, and also in general. I would have no doubt that out of all the DLC released for this game, Shenmue related DLC would easily outsell everything. Perhaps Sumo have realised this and will deliberately be releasing a Shenmue track in the future.

Again, its all about testing the waters for a potential Shenmue 3.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby myshtuff » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Or we can all be over thinking this entirely and Ryo's name was the last one pulled out of a hat at the team meeting to decide characters.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Peter, I agree!

The first thing I did when I put this game on, was to check how much Ryo was and if there was a Shenmue track.

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't but thanks to DLC it's a possibility it will come. I don't mind paying for a Shenmue map pack AT ALL since I was too young to purchase both the Shenmue games at retail when they came out (got second hand Shenmue 1 and my brother bought Shenmue 2 the day it came out).

If a Shenmue track comes out I think we owe Sumo a thank you.
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Without Remorse » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 pm

myshtuff wrote:Or we can all be over thinking this entirely and Ryo's name was the last one pulled out of a hat at the team meeting to decide characters.

Actually they have said that Ryo was a major focus, as they fought hard to get him in the tennis game, and it just didnt happen.
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

Postby myshtuff » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:24 pm

I was just looking through the missions and there are 2 Ryo missions. The later one is titled"Have you seen Lan Di?" The earlier one is called "Monkey Capsules I love them!" I can't wait to play them.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Barry the Nomad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah! Read the back of the "Monkey Capsules, I love 'em!" mission. Something along the lines of: "No Sailors to be found here, but plenty of monkeys in capsules!"

Combining Ryo's love for capsule toys with a track featuring monkeys in capsule-like balls was genius on Sumo's part!

Looking forward to the Lan Di mission. :)
Barry the Nomad
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Without Remorse » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 am

Anyone notice at the end of a Grand Prix Ryo's half assed roundhouse kick on the podium. Pretty funny stuff. I am up to amber liscence now, and its pretty cool that there is so much to earn and buy. This will be a disc that spins in my xbox for a long time.
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

Postby Ryo911 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:36 am

Ryo F is awesome! although some people think your cheating online as they dont have him, their loss :P

Anyone with the game on PS3 my PSN is WkdSide
Ryo911
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: WkdSide

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:59 am

Ryo911 wrote:Ryo F is awesome! although some people think your cheating online as they dont have him, their loss :P

I forgot to ask you for that. Mine is zerolaff for all the Dojoer's in here with PS3's..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Ryo911 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Ryo911 wrote:Ryo F is awesome! although some people think your cheating online as they dont have him, their loss :P

I forgot to ask you for that. Mine is zerolaff for all the Dojoer's in here with PS3's..

Thanks for the add, will join you for a race shortly mate.
Ryo911

PSN: WkdSide

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III