Alright, if in S3 we DO go back to Dobuita....

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Alright, if in S3 we DO go back to Dobuita....

Postby Ryo's Room » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:58 pm

Remember when in Dobuita when you pass Tom's Hot Dog Truck? Yeah, that one. Well, if you used the L Button on the place with the cones, it was the "New Yokosuka Movie Theatre" or someting to that extent. So what if you go back in S3, and it is fully renovated? Then you could watch trailers of other Sega games, or real short movies that Digital Rex makes up? Yeah, it's a dumb idea, but the more you play S1, the more you think about the future............. Anyway, that would be real neat. Also, the place in Sakagouroka next to the phone booth where there is a construction zone, what if that place is an arcade or somethin'? And they have different games like bowling? :lol: :lol:
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:59 pm

The place in Sakuragaoka won't be an arcade, it says in the construction guy's profile he's building a house ;P
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Rhayno G. » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:03 pm

i dont know if your ideas will be true, but it would cool to see som little changes to dobuita. It wouldnt suprise me beacause thats the kind of detail suzuki puts into his games. But on the other hand, ryo really hasnt been gone that long.
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ryo's Room » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:10 pm

Miles Prower wrote:The place in Sakuragaoka won't be an arcade, it says in the construction guy's profile he's building a house ;P

Hmm, well, I'll look forward to a big house then. And what about the theatre? Think it will be finished when Ryo returns?
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Alright, if in S3 we DO go back to Dobuita....

Postby Daemos » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:13 pm

Yamagishi San wrote:Remember when in Dobuita when you pass Tom's Hot Dog Truck? Yeah, that one. Well, if you used the L Button on the place with the cones, it was the "New Yokosuka Movie Theatre" or someting to that extent. So what if you go back in S3, and it is fully renovated? Then you could watch trailers of other Sega games, or real short movies that Digital Rex makes up? Yeah, it's a dumb idea, but the more you play S1, the more you think about the future............. Anyway, that would be real neat. Also, the place in Sakagouroka next to the phone booth where there is a construction zone, what if that place is an arcade or somethin'? And they have different games like bowling? :lol: :lol:

If Ryo does come back to Yokosuka, I would like to see some places in Dobuita different. I can't expect anything else, I mean, in a year or more a place changes quite a bit, and a last shenmue (?) should reflect this passage of time.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Ryo's Room » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:20 pm

Well, hope things have changed. That's the least they could do for us, from such a long wait......Hope there are new games in the You Arcade as well. :D
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lan Di-sama » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:27 pm

That's a good idea about the movie theater. But I think that if Ryo goes back to Dobuita, it'll just be in cut scene form
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Daemos » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:11 pm

Probably. Since the would be no real game (ie storyline) to play from there.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Ryo's Room » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:27 pm

Actually there could. If Ryo has to find more info in the harbor or somethin. Or if he has to investigate around Dobuita on how the dojo was damaged, and Ine-san was killed........
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rhayno G. » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:25 pm

i got a feeling we will do no more investigating in dobuita. if we go back to dobuita, i think there will be little in the way of gameplay. just a return home.
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di-sama » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:15 pm

Maybe they'll at least let you run around and go places, even if the main conflict is over.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ro bee bee » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:20 pm

I like the idea of the cinema being used to view the cut scenes from various games.

I have always thought that when Ryo gets back to Dobuita it will be over-ran with Mad Angels, basically terrorizing the town.
Ro bee bee
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jeff » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:56 am

It would make sense to come back to Sakurauka or however you spell it and to see the construction site in the middle of being built, like a structure comming up or something.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby momo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:32 am

the cinema idea is brilliant,
i hope someone at digital rex reads this and does something about it!!

well, just getting another game is enough for me...
momo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby asnozz » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:29 pm

also i wonder if they will expand dobuita via the main road, i highly doubt a playable section here but i would love to see the changes that would take place during ryos adventure. This is a bit stupid that we all want to see a section of the original repeated in the next shenmue, when we can replay the first anytime. Are people werid..
I comend the theater idea, that would be so cool! lol
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz

Next

Return to Shenmue III