No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Himuro wrote:And it's nice that after one sentence you've singled yourself as an asshole.

Himuro wrote:if you think I'm alone on that, you're an utter fool.

Himuro wrote:Only a complete fanboy would argue otherwise.

Himuro wrote:You're certainly not making your case by insulting me.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BlackHeaven » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Wow, so much hate here.

Lets just wait and see. I surely will push this thread up in 2023 with no Shenmue 4 confirmation in sight but instead having some hardcore fanboys opening Shenmue 4 petitions with approx 25 signings on it, and we all are going to know why this will happen :D

And now lets guess who that hardcore fanboys will be in particular

BlackHeaven has received a thanks from: Himuro
BlackHeaven
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Sending a polite message via KS yields great results, it seems:

Thank you very much for your candor. We will certainly be doing our best to keep everyone interested and in faith.

There should be something in terms of screen shots coming up this month.

Please keep your hopes up! This is a long process, but please trust Yu-san and everyone else involved has Shenmue's best interests at heart!

All our best,
Joel & the Shenmue III Team

Keep expectations in check, don't expect anything huge, yadda yadda, etc etc

Joel, you're so good :cry:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Sending a polite message via KS yields great results, it seems:

Thank you very much for your candor. We will certainly be doing our best to keep everyone interested and in faith.

Please keep your hopes up! This is a long process, but please trust Yu-san and everyone else involved has Shenmue's best interests at heart!

All our best,

Joel, you're so good :cry:

He's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:57 pm

BlackHeaven wrote: Wow, so much hate here.

Lets just wait and see. I surely will push this thread up in 2023 with no Shenmue 4 confirmation in sight but instead having some hardcore fanboys opening Shenmue 4 petitions with approx 25 signings on it, and we all are going to know why this will happen :D

At this point, I'm guessing that if you criticize Shenmue III upon release you might even be banned. How dare you criticize our lord and savior!
Last edited by Himuro on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Himuro has received a thanks from: BlackHeaven
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:58 pm

All our best,

Screenshots? Meh...
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby squall » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Yikes.

I mean, I was busier than usual the last week or so, as I started a new job. And today was the first I even checked to see if there was any news. Didn't expect to see this mess.

I'm not devastated. In the end, I will just always know that Yu Suzuki has way more invested in Shenmue III than I do. Emotionally, physically, financially – in every way.

Sure, I hoped for years and years that III would get made. I checked for news every few months (heck sometimes it was probably a year) for over a decade. Yu never gave up when it was all but hopeless. I doubt he's letting things fall apart now. I don't need huge updates to continue to believe in him.

Sure, Awesome Japan could have handled a lot of things better - they also had a lot on their plate. I'm not going to complain about backer updates being aimed at fans though. By definition, I'm guessing most backers are fans (or already interested) or they wouldn't have backed.

Gaining new fans probably won't be achieved with mediocre looking materials in this stage of development.
But that's just my opinion.

I'm honestly not even upset that Shenmue wasn't at PSX. Maybe I should be more "concerned" but honestly, I'm pretty much still just basking in the warmth of knowing that it's happening at all. And I trust Yu Suzuki's knowledge of video gaming far more than my own. So, I'll be happy when we get more updates, whatever they are, but I'm not grabbing a pitchfork.

squall has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
squall
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mrandyk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Himuro wrote:
BlackHeaven wrote: Wow, so much hate here.

At this point, I'm guessing that if you criticize Shenmue III upon release you might even be banned. How dare you criticize our lord and savior!

Dude. Stop.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:22 pm

I have adopted a good strategy when it comes to Shenmue... if it doesn't come from YS mouth, it doesn't matter to me. No announcement was made for PSX, while it's disappointing we didn't get to see the game it doesn't warrant this amount drama.

Many companies are now trying to change the timing of game announcements because very often they reveal their games too soon. This is a problem with Kickstarter projects, people expect a date on day one when it should be TBA until they have most of the game done.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received 2 thanks from: Axm, FlagshipFighter
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:25 am

Some screenshots in the next update would be nice.

Himuro wrote:The entire discussion is circular

...because you've done your best to ignore every reasonable post that could have helped ending it. Like what sand4fish had to say about Kickstarter projects a couple of pages back for example.

Another thing that keeps this going is the tone you choose to express your views and feelings in, that needless display of hostility. You keep accusing, insulting and attacking fellow members (and now even Suzuki's team, for the most outlandish reasons) in an immature and uncontrolled way, which then in return leads to more backlash. With an uncalled-for attitude like that you'd probably run out of conversation partners pretty quickly in real life.

Monkei has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Let's Get Sweaty
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:39 am

All our best,

That's good enough :)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:12 am

I'd prefer a shor video instead of some pics but better that than nothing!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Postby Axm » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:13 am

Sorry I wrote too much but please read!

Please don't take this as condescending.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I beg of you Himuro or anyone else.. please god don't try to out Shenmue 3 in a bad light to the vicious media. Sites like Kotaku, Giant Bomb and other blog style gaming news sites are itching to vomit out anything negative about Shenmue they can get away with on any angle. They will turn a speed bump into a volcano for weeks and tank public perception to an un-reboundable level.

I already have my doubts that no matter what happens, Shenmue 3 will be thrown into the fires of game news media sites at the slightest hint that the game isnt immaculate perfection.

Bottom line, I'm sure we will have plenty of non-Shenmue fans rip us and the project to shreds if the opportunity arrises. Spare us that coming from our own community. I didn't stay here for over a decade dealing with every twist and heart wrenching turn to just end up being disappointed we couldn't deal with things together as a team.

And neither did so many others even more dedicated to the community than me, all working on things for cheap to free just for our benefit.
Think of Yama who re-built this site from the ground up while the series was at its worst publicly. Ziming who maintains a constant care over content. Peter, LanDC, Switch, OL, LetsGetSweaty I could go on and on without even mentioning 500k, Team Yu and other international communities. These are all real people who a majority are VERY patient and would wait another 15 years aslong as its guaranteed.

Himuro, you're totally welcome to be here in our family. We all want fans who truely love the series to discuss things with us fairly. I know some others out there feel as you do too and that makes you justified in ways, but lets keep things in here with us to make a unified positive impact together. :)

Axm has received 4 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Himuro, Kiske, Switch
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby jcjimher » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:23 am

For me some fresh screenshots in the december update would be enough...hoping it happens.

(and no sense on keeping arguing NOW over something Himuro might do in 7 months, depending on some events that might or might not unfold in this time...it's quite likely those conditions don't happen actually, and even if they do, he will have plenty of time to reconsider, and we to discuss with him).
jcjimher
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:05 am

Rikitatsu wrote:

All our best,

Screenshots? Meh...

Perfect material that would be. Not too much for a kickstarter update, enough to keep our heads raised. If one of these screenshots indeed shows how Ryo Hazuki looks (!), we could definitely wait E3 2017 with confidence and excitement.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III