Unrealistic costs has me worried

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Unrealistic costs has me worried

Postby mrandyk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Jeff wrote: As I mentioned before, I think this Kickstarter is a down payment on a venture capital loan. Their past statements alude to it.

I would like to see YSnet secure some financing rather then solely depend on us fans, but what leads you to this notion?
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jeff » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:27 pm

mrandyk wrote:
Jeff wrote: As I mentioned before, I think this Kickstarter is a down payment on a venture capital loan. Their past statements alude to it.

I would like to see YSnet secure some financing rather then solely depend on us fans, but what leads you to this notion?

Because of a few reasons:

-Yu Suzuki said that other funding was obtained from outside investors.
-Said that the kickstarter campaign was to generate interest (interest to obtain loan)
-Minimum of 2 million would be a 10% down payment of a 20 million loan which is a more probable budget. He could either get a bigger loan with the monies obtained through the kickstarter, or use the excess for extra features like the stretch goals.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby ys » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Hmm, that sounds kind of plausible. Some of the higher goals would indeed demand a lot more money which could fit in with this hypothesis.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Jeff wrote:
-Said that the kickstarter campaign was to generate interest (interest to obtain loan)

When did he say that?
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Jeff wrote:

When did he say that?

he didn't, its assumptions being presented as fact..
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby long lightbulb » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Jeff wrote:
mrandyk wrote:

Because of a few reasons:

-Yu Suzuki said that other funding was obtained from outside investors.
-Minimum of 2 million would be a 10% down payment of a 20 million loan which is a more probable budget. He could either get a bigger loan with the monies obtained through the kickstarter, or use the excess for extra features like the stretch goals.

He never said anything like that. He said funds outside of the Kickstarter would not be discussed, and these funds are what Sony is providing (which we know now is not for development but other costs unrelated to the ACTUAL budget) and the PC version (via Shibuya Productions). The idea that this Kickstarter is being used to generate anything is false and not based on fact.
long lightbulb
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III