Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshots

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:17 pm

TwiceFriedRice wrote: I’m not going to panic and make assumptions about the quality of the final product like some of you clowns are, but to only show 4 screenshots after the hype leading up to this event is PR malpractice at best.

this is probably the best way to put it by far. PR has been Shenmue's biggest problem since day one. However what I would add is that if this is all they feel they can "uncomfortably" show at this point (look at that 3 line disclaimer!) then I just don't see how this is coming out in 2018. Honestly that is fine, but they should be more upfront about it.

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Sailor-San
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Reprise » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:19 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: They really need to announce a delay sooner than later. It’s dishonest not to. They’ve shown zero gameplay, are reusing an old trailer and I doubt they’ve even cast voices yet. There’s no chance this is anywhere near release.

And that's all I ask for; bloody transparency. Another delay is fine as long as we see progress. The problem is we haven't really been seeing progress and updates are infrequent now. Be open and frank with the release schedule and show off the gameplay you've been working on.It's not exactly hard, unless... unless there's nothing to show, because the game is in development hell and the team aren't up to the task... :???:

We've seen more of bloody Elysian Shadows. And at least the guy being the System Shock reboot had the balls to say they've had to go on hiatus, as crappy as that is.

TwiceFriedRice wrote: I’m not going to panic and make assumptions about the quality of the final product like some of you clowns are, but to only show 4 screenshots after the hype leading up to this event is PR malpractice at best.

That's exactly everyone's point...

Reprise has received 2 thanks from: Sailor-San, SickOctopus
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Oh, really? Everyone’s? Like the ones saying that the game is going to suck or won’t be released until 2020?
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Reprise » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 pm

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Oh, really? Everyone’s? Like the ones saying that the game is going to suck or won’t be released until 2020?

Who said it would suck? I didn't see anyone say that. But let's be honest, whoever said the game won't be ready until 2020 could be right. It's not that over the top of an assumption...

I mean, I'm personally betting on 2019. I just would like some better PR, more transparency and for the team to share more with backers.

Reprise has received 2 thanks from: Abraham_1, SickOctopus
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jesse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 pm

This is the first time where I feel like whoever signed off on showing this old footage was a bad business decision. It just doesn't seem like a smart move to me. The fighting and movements looked nice except specifically when ryo backhands that guy looks a tad off and a bit robotic to me for some reason.

The backgrounds look wonderful as per usual. Looking forward to the interviews today
Last edited by Jesse on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesse has received a thanks from: Sailor-San
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Hanzumon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:27 pm

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Oh, really? Everyone’s? Like the ones saying that the game is going to suck or won’t be released until 2020?

After 32 months of wating, we get almost nothing to this point.

An then we FANS are the problem? Come on ... 8)

Hanzumon has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Hanzumon

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby Sailor-San » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Jesse wrote: This is the first time where I feel like whoever signed off on showing this old footage was a bad business decision. The fighting specifically when ryo backhands that guy looks a tad off and a bit robotic to me for some reason.

The backgrounds look wonderful as per usual. Looking forward to the interviews today.

When are they going to take place?
Sailor-San
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue I+II

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Reprise wrote:

Who said it would suck? I didn't see anyone say that. But let's be honest, whoever said the game won't be ready until 2020 could be right. It's not that over the top of an assumption...

I mean, I'm personally betting on 2019. I just would like some better PR, more transparency and for the team to share more with backers.

Maybe you should read the thread.

And that was the point I was making. I’m not jumping ship just yet, just acknowledging that the PR could be better. I’m still going to assume that it will be ready by at least some time in 2019.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:30 pm

There's a time to be optimistic and there is a time to face reality.

I've calmed down a bit and realize asking for a donation back isn't very logical, but please understand why I and many others probably feel this way. Hell, I was so passionate about it that I donated plasma for the money to cover the substantial pledge and not delve into family funds. So you could say, in essence, that I paid in blood for this game to become a reality.

We invested out of our love for a series that died long before it should have and our return investment has been almost nil for going on 3 years.

There is absolutely no way this game makes 2018 and the fact they've been hyping it up as "The Year of Shennue"? and Cedric "playing the latest build"? What the Hell is he playing because I wouldn't be smiling if it's just like that Gamescom footage 3.5 years in the making and thaf build was BEFORE Deep Silver opened their wallet.

It's time for them to come clean. Is funding not enough for their realization? Do they need more time? Did the scale get out of hand? TALK TO US. No one got mad at Yu's heartfelt delay message last year. Talk again..thats all we want.
Last edited by Valascaziel on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jesse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Sailor-San wrote:
Jesse wrote: This is the first time where I feel like whoever signed off on showing this old footage was a bad business decision. The fighting specifically when ryo backhands that guy looks a tad off and a bit robotic to me for some reason.

The backgrounds look wonderful as per usual. Looking forward to the interviews today.

When are they going to take place?

I saw on Twitter where I believe both Shenmue master and 500k have interviews lined up today if I'm not mistaken

Jesse has received a thanks from: Sailor-San
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Hanzumon wrote:

After 32 months of wating, we get almost nothing to this point.

An then we FANS are the problem? Come on ... 8)

I never said the fans were “the problem”. I never even said they were “a” problem.

Is English your first language?
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby gillian_seed » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: Anyone noticed how the QTEs had that "Slo-mo" effect before the button press like in Yakuza? As someone who enjoyed the snappy nature of Shenmue's QTEs, this just looks terrible.

Yeah, looks horrible. Everything that made Shenmue QTE's look different than other random games' QTE seems to be gone.
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Sailor-San » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 pm

On the bride side.: it was quite fun to share the excitement and some nostalgia with the community!
Sailor-San

Currently playing: Shenmue I+II

Postby gillian_seed » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:46 pm

I still hope they have something else to show, because coming all the way from japan to show 4 pictures and to say nothing relevant makes no sense.

They were playing yesterday, weren't they? Why don't they share some footage of that gameplay? It couldn't be worse than that GC2017 extended cut.
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:47 pm

gillian_seed wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote: Anyone noticed how the QTEs had that "Slo-mo" effect before the button press like in Yakuza? As someone who enjoyed the snappy nature of Shenmue's QTEs, this just looks terrible.

Yeah, looks horrible. Everything that made Shenmue QTE's look different than other random games' QTE seems to be gone.

I don't know how to feel about this. It's hard to judge without a pad in our hands. I just hope that YSnet is keeping the classic beep sound somewhere in the game, because I can only hear the Shenmue 2's freeze QTE sound to suit the "Slo-mo" QTE.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III