who is the strongest out of them all?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Akurei » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:40 pm

FoxHound wrote:Have you ever murdered anyone? I highly doubt it. So you can't claim that you would have done the same thing in his position because, more than likely, you've never been in such a position to begin with.

Nope, never murdered anyone...yet. But let me tell you, if I were in the position to protect my loved ones, like Iwao was, I would have done everything I could to do just that.

Anyway, let me remind you of something since it seems you have forgotten....or never new.....Shenmue is a game, written by Yu Suzuki.
Yu had Iwao die for a reason, and when someone first puts in Shenmue and watches the opening sequence were Lan Di kills Iwao, they are going to automatically think that Lan Di is better. Unless in the Shenmue story it says that Iwao let Lan Di kill him, Lan Di is the best.
Akurei
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Kâiñ » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:06 am

I was just wondering how people can think Ziming is the strongest
we havent even seen him fight after all Lan Di is the head of the
Chi Yu Men and in evil chinese organisations the strongest is
usually the leader
Kâiñ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby FoxHound » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:15 am

Akurei wrote:
FoxHound wrote:Have you ever murdered anyone? I highly doubt it. So you can't claim that you would have done the same thing in his position because, more than likely, you've never been in such a position to begin with.

Nope, never murdered anyone...yet. But let me tell you, if I were in the position to protect my loved ones, like Iwao was, I would have done everything I could to do just that.

Anyway, let me remind you of something since it seems you have forgotten....or never new.....Shenmue is a game, written by Yu Suzuki.
Yu had Iwao die for a reason, and when someone first puts in Shenmue and watches the opening sequence were Lan Di kills Iwao, they are going to automatically think that Lan Di is better. Unless in the Shenmue story it says that Iwao let Lan Di kill him, Lan Di is the best.

You're incorrect, because you're making assumptions. Lan Di does defeat Iwao Hazuki, but nowhere in the entire Shenmue series does Yu Suzuki clearly state that the reason was because Lan Di is better in any way. In fact, he goes as far as to drop several clues stating other wise- First one, as I already pointed out, can be seen when the hobo at Yokosuka Harbor teaches you the Shadow Step move. Another one is the letter that Iwao Hazuki left behind where he states that one "must be ready to die in order to stand for their convictions," amongst other things in that same letter which bring it pretty close to a suicide note. You can't honestly read that letter and not come to the conclusion that Iwao knew he would die soon.
FoxHound
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Joe Pesci » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:51 am

LAN DI!!! When was this figured out?
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby xXClouDXx » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:54 pm

Akurei wrote:
RyoHazuki wrote:I know what Zimings style is! its the same on as Xuying.....

How do you know it's the same as Xiu Ying's style? Ziming left when he was a kid, probably before any hard martial arts training. I'm sure his style is different than Xiu Ying's because of him leaving her when they were kids.....you can't obtain that much martial arts skills when you're that young, so he had to learn much more somewhere else as she learned much more at the temple. He may be better than her, and may be better than Land Di, but we haven't even seen Ziming fight....none the less seen him in Shenmue. Once he pops up in the Shenmue series then it would be good to enter him into the poll, but until then, Lan Di is the man. :lying:

you just don't get it do you?......
xXClouDXx
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Daemos » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:27 pm

C'mon ppl forget it. S3 is coming out next november so w...

-- TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED --

TransOpt: 544-43D45-35
Origin: SEGA_AM2-334-98

-- TRANSMISSION RESUMED --

Erm... What was the topic again? R... right. Phew...

(got it?)
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to Shenmue III