Cedric bomb updates ???

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:45 pm

shredingskin wrote: They can just do a well optimized emulator wrap, like nintendo virtual console.

That is HD, they can add aa, filters, etc. (that most emulators have).

They would need to do much more than just retouching graphics imo, or the remasters would get slaughtered in both reviews and general opinion.

Off the top of my head i think it would absolutely need trophies, time skip whenever you want, fast travel, detailed map (showing all points of interest), and possibly no loading times.

Edit: add no tank controls to that.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Xbox One won't happen. Even if it did I'm buying a ps4. Sony was first to get the ball rolling. My allegience is now with them. And I'm coming from only owning a 360 which I've been happy with. But it doesn't matter because Xbox One won't happen because this is Sony's show now.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby punkmanced » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Yeah, Ced's hint most likely pertains to HD ports of Shenmue 1 & 2.
Fingers crossed!

...Also, somebody get Kidnocon a job already....ffs.

punkmanced has received a thanks from: nskachu
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:59 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: Xbox One won't happen. Even if it did I'm buying a ps4. Sony was first to get the ball rolling. My allegience is now with them. And I'm coming from only owning a 360 which I've been happy with. But it doesn't matter because Xbox One won't happen because this is Sony's show now.

Oddly enough, I feel the same here. I even own an Xbox One. But if it was announced for Xbox One tomorrow, I'd still buy a PS4 for this. They made the move and showed (some) faith. For that, Sony gained a lot of respect for that, as well as that entire E3 confrence. It was the first time I've ever seen a gaming company open listen to the majority of their fans, and for once, just give them what they wanted.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Amir, elfshadowreaper
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Himuro » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Does anyone know if Sony's deal includes exclusivity or are most of the points about not being on Xbox One conjecture made by people who whose pony in the race is Sony?

Looking at actual evidence, you would probably be right. Grim Fandango Remastered was another Sony backed relaunch of a cult franchise and it was released on ps4, pc.mac/linux, and recently mobile phones. No Xbox One version in sight. That's likely Sony's clause: any system BUT Xbox, which is funny because PC is a pretty big competitor too, but it's really cool of them to do that.

Looking at that and other Sony backed indie related games, this game likely won't show up on Xbox One any time soon, but it'd be nice if it did if only to increase the amount of pledges.

I'd like to say that even if I were a console gamer and had ps4 and Xbox One and wasn't getting this for PC, I'd STILL choose ps4 version if only for Sony being awesome enough to allow Yu have a platform. \:D/
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby joka » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 pm

I think people need to lower their expectations on this 'bomb announcement'.

HD remakes are probably pretty likely but not in relation to this campaign- this is purely about Shenmue 3 so not a chance they'll get added as goals/rewards as they'd be under SEGA under a completely different development team.

Xbox One version is only slightly more likely as it at least relates to S3 but still with Sony be so involved this is very doubtful also.

I'm not sure what else it could be though- maybe a release date for the trial version? Confirmation of licenced brands in the game?
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Himuro wrote: Does anyone know if Sony's deal includes exclusivity or are most of the points about not being on Xbox One conjecture made by people who whose pony in the race is Sony?

Looking at actual evidence, you would probably be right. Grim Fandango Remastered was another Sony backed relaunch of a cult franchise and it was released on ps4, pc.mac/linux, and recently mobile phones. No Xbox One version in sight. That's likely Sony's clause: any system BUT Xbox, which is funny because PC is a pretty big competitor too, but it's really cool of them to do that.

Looking at that and other Sony backed indie related games, this game likely won't show up on Xbox One any time soon, but it'd be nice if it did if only to increase the amount of pledges.

I'd like to say that even if I were a console gamer and had ps4 and Xbox One and wasn't getting this for PC, I'd STILL choose ps4 version if only for Sony being awesome enough to allow Yu have a platform. \:D/

Don't forget the DS4 buttons on QTE... Yeks! :)

I know someone who knows someone who works for Sony as an indie developer and the clause was the same. Their main enemy is clearly Xbox One, they're not considering PC as a rival at all.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Himuro wrote: Does anyone know if Sony's deal includes exclusivity...

It's not been disclosed. But many within the gaming media, as far as I have read, say it's a fair assumption that it does due to the financial help Sony is giving them and also the opportunity to present the Kickstarter on their E3 stage. Adam Boyes himself said there had been meetings for a year, so those meetings more than likely would have been the organisation of some deal.

We could be wrong and Microsoft could still come to be involved, but I feel it's an impossibility. There's a deal done. It may not have been made public, but all arrows point to it.

Peter has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ShenSun » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 pm

Now is the time to pull out the big guns.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mystere » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Jibby wrote:I'm worried about ports though. Shenmue's engine is a bit clunky and far from perfect.
I'm just scared that awful ports are going to put people off Shenmue III.

If someone is interested in Shenmue III, chances are they'll research the first 2 anyway.

If nothing else (ie. improved controls - let's hope) HD will do better justice to Shenmue's visuals than DC, Xbox or Youtube.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:18 pm

The budget is already small, so the last thing we need is seeing half of these funds going into an HD port.

Like YS said, if you want a Shenmue Saga HD port talk to SEGA. They are all "we want the trust of our old fans back" so...

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: joka
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:22 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: The budget is already small, so the last thing we need is seeing half of these funds going into an HD port.

Like YS said, if you want a Shenmue Saga HD port talk to SEGA. They are all "we want the trust of our old fans back" so...

don't think anyone wants KS funds going to a HD release of 1 and 2, or for YS Net to waste their time on it, we are just hoping Suzuki's discussions with SEGA went well and that SEGA themselves will announce the HD ports which in turn may help the KS drum up more pledges before it expires in 6 days..
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Gavan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:25 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: The budget is already small, so the last thing we need is seeing half of these funds going into an HD port.

Maybe Sega is going to release HD ports soon anyway and gave YS permission to offer them on Kickstarter as a reward? It definitely sounds to me like Cedric is working on some kind of deal.
Gavan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Sonic Mania Plus

Postby Himuro » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Peter wrote:
Himuro wrote: Does anyone know if Sony's deal includes exclusivity...

It's not been disclosed. But many within the gaming media, as far as I have read, say it's a fair assumption that it does due to the financial help Sony is giving them and also the opportunity to present the Kickstarter on their E3 stage. Adam Boyes himself said there had been meetings for a year, so those meetings more than likely would have been the organisation of some deal.

We could be wrong and Microsoft could still come to be involved, but I feel it's an impossibility. There's a deal done. It may not have been made public, but all arrows point to it.

I definitely agree with you.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Peter
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:44 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: Xbox One won't happen. Even if it did I'm buying a ps4. Sony was first to get the ball rolling. My allegience is now with them. And I'm coming from only owning a 360 which I've been happy with. But it doesn't matter because Xbox One won't happen because this is Sony's show now.

This is pretty much how I feel. However, my allegiance is with both Sony and Xbox (the latter will have some nice exclusives in the long wait for S3). I'll be buying a PS4 for Shenmue 3 though, even if Xbox do somehow manage to get it on the One. Sony gave Shenmue the time of day whereas Phil Spencer and Xbox were happy to let the franchise just sit and rot away.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III