Does anyone feel that shenmue touched you

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Did shenmue touch you? (Total votes: 44)

Yes
93%
No
7%

Postby pico » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:21 pm

whiteShadow wrote:Shenmue changed me:

- In game tastes
- In music tastes (OMG such a change! :shock: )
- In cultural likes and dislikes
- Much more

There's not ONE day in my life where something about shenmue is not brought up.

Same here! :D

I like much different music now. Before it was all screaming "fuck, fuck, fuck" and rapping "suck my dick" but now I've learned to appreciate actual music... :lol:

My taste in games is way different; I can't enjoy a game as easily because I'm expecting it too be great like Shenmue, which they never are, obviously. Somewhat hard to explain this one.

As for the "cultural likes and dislikes", that's also hard for me to explain without looking like some sort of weirdo! ;)

All around it's changed the way I look at things and people, and made me alot more interested in anything involving Japan and China, really. I'll more than likely waste alot of money going to Japan and China in a few years.
pico
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby VMan » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:04 pm

mmcawers wrote:This game has truely changed me, I love the music now and it makes me think everytime I listen to it, the game is the best game in the world, I bought an x-box just to get shenmue 2 on x-box, I completed shenmue 2 on dreamcast 9 times aand am not board and have completed shenmue 17 times and still is my favourite game. So it has really really touched me

Me too. The only reason I bought Xbox was for Shenmue IIx. Regardless of the fact that I got Shenmue II PAL on the first day and beat it multiple times.
VMan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hazuki Pit Blow » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:11 am

Its good to know alot of people think this
Hazuki Pit Blow
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue III