Ren, killed by Ryo's hands?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Ren, killed by Ryo's hands?

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:25 pm

To be honest, i highly doubt we're going to go to Korea. That's a possibility i guess, but remember Shenmue Online is kinda a spinoff, another project so... maybe Korea/China was a part of it since the game was targeted for both countries, but not sure if Ryo will ever head there.

As for Chiyoumen, yeah, after talking with Yu Suzuki, its official, those characters are not among the Chiyoumen.

I haven't checked the artworks in details since i had the chance to meet with Yu Suzuki, but what i don't get it the chronology.

1,2,5 seems to match but i am still trying to think over 3 and 4...
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby JMan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:08 pm

I believe this is early concept art from when the game was still a Virtua Fighter RPG with Akira, hence why the chapters seem a little bit different (e.g. the boat chapter is completely missing here). I think we are up to the fifth slide so judging from this there would be six chapters left. But since Suzuki is now saying that there are in fact nine chapters left that would mean 3 new chapters which we haven't seen have been added to this since.
JMan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:21 pm

aizen59 wrote:To be honest, i highly doubt we're going to go to Korea. That's a possibility i guess, but remember Shenmue Online is kinda a spinoff, another project so... maybe Korea/China was a part of it since the game was targeted for both countries, but not sure if Ryo will ever head there.

As for Chiyoumen, yeah, after talking with Yu Suzuki, its official, those characters are not among the Chiyoumen.

I haven't checked the artworks in details since i had the chance to meet with Yu Suzuki, but what i don't get it the chronology.

1,2,5 seems to match but i am still trying to think over 3 and 4...

It's people from another organisation isn't it? "The Grand Masters" you said one of them was called, right? It's kind of like how the Chiyoumen have had dealings with other organisations in the past, like the Mad Angels in Shenmue 1 and The Yellow Head group in Shenmue 2. And I wonder if it's actually Guizhang or Yuanda Zhu who is the predicted "friend who turns enemy" instead of Ren? I strongly believe those two will show up again in the later chapters, not just Ren and there's still plenty of mystery surrounding them.

JMan wrote:I believe this is early concept art from when the game was still a Virtua Fighter RPG with Akira, hence why the chapters seem a little bit different (e.g. the boat chapter is completely missing here). I think we are up to the fifth slide so judging from this there would be six chapters left. But since Suzuki is now saying that there are in fact nine chapters left that would mean 3 new chapters which we haven't seen have been added to this since.

Or he just took them out. If you remember a long time ago Suzuki said something to the effect of "Ryo's pursuit for revenge ends sooner than Chapter 16" which would mean there's other stuff taking place after he completes his journey for revenge. What that is, is still a complete mystery.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Previous

Return to Shenmue III